Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Have canna ever changed their ingredients?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Tom1974

Have canna ever changed their ingredients?

Post by Tom1974 »

Friend of mine who’s used nothing but canna from 2008-2020 has now swapped to another brand of nutes

I won’t name what brand he has gone to but he is now having the original yield results he used to get

He was told by different people that canna had to remove a certain something from one of their products in the UK and that ties in with the time around his yields massively dropping off

I trust what he says regards his results past and present and he has always always stuck with the same methods and ways of growing but did have a massive drop in results from 2017-2020 but have now picked back up on his last two runs

He has nothing to gain because the new stuff is from the same shop he’s always bought his gear from and is not affiliated with them in any way
These users thanked the author Tom1974 for the post (total 3):
Treetrunk (Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:50 pm) • Nom (Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:52 pm) • Keeno (Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Treetrunk
Respected Member

Re: Have canna ever changed their ingredients?

Post by Treetrunk »

I wouldn't know if it's dropped in performance :idn:
I've only been growing for 3 year's.
I started using Canna Aqua in bubblers.
I used it for 2 year's with shit raising to average results.
I was given a full set of Mill's and gave that a go.
The Mill's smashes Canna out the park.
I tried comparison grows and the Mill's gets more weight and tighter bud's.
It's cheaper too.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 3):
Nom (Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:52 pm) • GMO (Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:29 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Tom1974 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:06 pm
Friend of mine who’s used nothing but canna from 2008-2020 has now swapped to another brand of nutes

I won’t name what brand he has gone to but he is now having the original yield results he used to get

He was told by different people that canna had to remove a certain something from one of their products in the UK and that ties in with the time around his yields massively dropping off

I trust what he says regards his results past and present and he has always always stuck with the same methods and ways of growing but did have a massive drop in results from 2017-2020 but have now picked back up on his last two runs

He has nothing to gain because the new stuff is from the same shop he’s always bought his gear from and is not affiliated with them in any way
i been using canna nutes in coco for several years now,i buy it by the 25 ltr cans,+ to date ive seen no difference at all my yields aint suffered neither the plants,imho canna nutes are trieed and tested all over the globe for several decades + i dont see many complaints on the boards. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Tom1974 (Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:53 pm)

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Tom1974 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:06 pm

i been using canna nutes in coco for several years now,i buy it by the 25 ltr cans,+ to date ive seen no difference at all my yields aint suffered neither the plants,imho canna nutes are trieed and tested all over the globe for several decades + i dont see many complaints on the boards. :oik!:
That’s good to hear mate, are you UK if you don’t mind me asking?

Apparently this claim is something to do with a “banned” ingredient in England that they had to remove from one of their products, I’m sure he said either the Canna A or B

I’ve bought enough nutes for my next two runs anyhow so I shall crack on
These users thanked the author Tom1974 for the post (total 2):
Captain Beefheart (Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 am) • 2-Scoops (Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:41 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I've been A and B since I started in coco around 5 years ago. I'm not sure when the change may have happened but in that time no difference for me. It wouldn't surprise me though as many companies have products suddenly "not available" for no reason. They just mysteriously disappear. Rumours always point to banned products.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Tom1974 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:54 pm
Apparently this claim is something to do with a “banned” ingredient in England that they had to remove from one of their products, I’m sure he said either the Canna A or B
Pretty sure theirs gonna be or has never been any banned ingredients in their A&B cus its only mineral/chemical salts used in their, put simple plain old mineral base ferts that you can buy individually anywhere on tinterweb in UK, nothing illegal about that.

I have two of those 1 litre bottles that have the dosing caps on and I've had these must be ten years now all i do is refill from a 5ltr A&B tub of theirs, i bought a new 5 ltr tub a few months back and ingredients are all same. I`ve been using the stuff 20 years on and off I've tried different from time to time but i always head back to Canna A&B.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
420mFuk (Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:57 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”