Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Day and night temps as close as poss?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Tom1974

Day and night temps as close as poss?

Post by Tom1974 »

I was advised that when running led’s it is best to keep the day and night temps as close as possible

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Is it still advisable to keep them temps close guys?

Days are 27 and nights 25 on average

Tom
These users thanked the author Tom1974 for the post:
Vador (Sun May 22, 2022 10:51 am)

Vador
Known User

Re: Day and night temps as close as poss?

Post by Vador »

Regardless of what type of light you are using it’s always best to try and keep day and night temps as close together as possible, it’s not essential but will help you get better results
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Tom1974 (Sun May 22, 2022 10:58 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Joezgrowz

Post by Joezgrowz »

Alot do say so but am more about 27/28 lights on and about 19/20 lights out alot do say they thrive more under leds in warmer temps but a think 25 lights out a tad high each to there own tho mate suppose its working for the guy who told u about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Joezgrowz for the post:
Tom1974 (Sun May 22, 2022 10:58 am)

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

Cheers guys, that’s 1 vote for same temp or cooler

Mine seem to be thriving having them closer but I’m some eager to learn more every day and Improve

Cheers
Tom

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Tom1974 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 am
I was advised that when running led’s it is best to keep the day and night temps as close as possible

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Tom
Hey @Tom1974,

Temprature fluctuations are quite normal out in nature and part of the circadian cycle is thought to exist partly so plants can protect themselves from cold conditions. Fluctuations of 10-15c are pretty normal around summer and plants still thrive.

Fluctuations won't cause you many issues but allowing things to get too cold or hot will. General rule of thumb is cannabis likes it warm (~27C) but will tolerate temperatures much lower. The key word in that sentence is tolerate and there will be some level of stress if you go out of the sweet spot. Personally, I don't like my rooms to drop below 20C or above 30C. Optimal for me would be 22C at night and 28C during the day. Lower than 25C and you'll slow things down but that doesn't matter so much when the lights are out because the plants ain't photosynthesising (not sure if that's a word :lol:). Under 22C can affect osmosis within the rootzone though so that's why it's my lower limit. You can drop down to 10C at night for a couple of days and not see too many issues unless it keeps dropping to those numbers.

So the tl;dr answer is no, you don't have to keep your daytime and nighttime temprature the same. Stay between 22-28C regardless of lightcycle and everything will be fine.
Last edited by seymore_budz on Sun May 22, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 4):
Tom1974 (Sun May 22, 2022 11:11 am) • Stickylemonz (Sun May 22, 2022 11:13 am) • Everydaze420 (Sun May 22, 2022 12:48 pm) • stoner4200000 (Sun May 22, 2022 3:30 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

seymore_budz wrote:
Tom1974 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 am

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Tom
Hey [mention]Tom1974[/mention],

Temprature fluctuations are quite normal out in nature and part of the circadian cycle is thought to exist partly so plants can protect themselves from cold conditions. Fluctuations of 10-15c are pretty normal around summer and plants still thrive.

Fluctuations won't cause you many issues but allowing things to get too cold or hot will. General rule of thumb is cannabis likes it warm (~27C) but will tolerate temperatures much lower. The key word in that sentence is tolerate and there will be some level of stress if you go out of the sweet spot. Personally, I don't like my rooms to drop below 20C or above 30C. Optimal for me would be 22C at night and 28C during the day. Lower than 25C and you'll slow things down but that doesn't matter so much when the lights are put because the plants ain't photosynthesising (not sure if that's a word :lol:). Under 22C can affect osmosis within the rootzone though so that's why it's my lower limit. You can drop down to 10C at night for a couple of days and not see too many issues unless it keeps dropping to those numbers.

So the tl;dr answer is no, you don't have to keep your daytime and nighttime temprature the same. Stay between 22-28C regardless of lightcycle and everything will be fine.
Great explanation, thanks mate!!!
These users thanked the author Tom1974 for the post:
seymore_budz (Sun May 22, 2022 11:12 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

No problem, for comparison, here's what my little room has been all week. As you can see there's about a 6C fluctuation between day and night.

These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Tom1974 (Sun May 22, 2022 11:16 am) • Vador (Sun May 22, 2022 1:52 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

You have that dialed in nicely @seymore_budz

Really you don’t have to worry about it, I used to run a 400w hps in a wardrobe and didn’t worry about temperature or humidity and was getting massive buds compared to what I am now. The difference is now my buds are dense and smoke/smell much better. you’ll still produce lots of nice bud, it’s just the more of the little things we do to help our plants the better the reward will be at the end. It’s worth putting the effort in and keeping the environment stable
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
seymore_budz (Sun May 22, 2022 1:53 pm)

stoner4200000

Re: NEW Light cycles SAVE MONEY!!!

Post by stoner4200000 »

Tom1974 wrote:I was advised that when running led’s it is best to keep the day and night temps as close as possible

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Tom
Other than what @seymore_budz has contributed which is great advice! I would say that It also depends on how you would like to control the growth of your plants and at which stage. Your CO2 levels are also a contributing important factor in your temp and light saturation point thresholds. Do not underestimate the power of negative DIF. I have come to find it a useful tool to use in the previous loft grows I have done in the past.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author stoner4200000 for the post (total 3):
Greenfingers (Sun May 22, 2022 3:57 pm) • seymore_budz (Sun May 22, 2022 5:46 pm) • Tom1974 (Mon May 23, 2022 9:04 am)

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

stoner4200000 wrote:
Tom1974 wrote:I was advised that when running led’s it is best to keep the day and night temps as close as possible

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Tom
Other than what @seymore_budz has contributed which is great advice! I would say that It also depends on how you would like to control the growth of your plants and at which stage. Your CO2 levels are also a contributing important factor in your temp and light saturation point thresholds. Do not underestimate the power of negative DIF. I have come to find it a useful tool to use in the previous loft grows I have done in the past.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
My local store sells these Co2 pouches, kind of like the same size as a bag of soil and I think you just open it and leave the bag at canopy level and it releases throughout your room.
Lasts approximately six months

Any good mate?

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”