Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Day and night temps as close as poss?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
stoner4200000

Re: Day and night temps as close as poss?

Post by stoner4200000 »

Tom1974 wrote:
stoner4200000 wrote:
Tom1974 wrote:I was advised that when running led’s it is best to keep the day and night temps as close as possible

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Is it still advisable to keep them temps close guys?

Days are 27 and nights 25 on average

Tom
Other than what @seymore_budz has contributed which is great advice! I would say that It also depends on how you would like to control the growth of your plants and at which stage. Your CO2 levels are also a contributing important factor in your temp and light saturation point thresholds. Do not underestimate the power of negative DIF. I have come to find it a useful tool to use in the previous loft grows I have done in the past.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
My local store sells these Co2 pouches, kind of like the same size as a bag of soil and I think you just open it and leave the bag at canopy level and it releases throughout your room.
Lasts approximately six months

Any good mate?
No mate they are a ripoff if you ask me. The co2 output will be negligible for the price of what they ask for the products. I have a decent co2 sensor so I might have to do a test on them all the prove it to everyone at some point. You need quite abit of mass/energy to produce co2 using the methods they use. And their products just do not have merely enough to justify the price tag.

These users thanked the author stoner4200000 for the post (total 2):
seymore_budz (Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 am) • 420mFuk (Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 am)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

stoner4200000 wrote:
Tom1974 wrote:
stoner4200000 wrote:Other than what @seymore_budz has contributed which is great advice! I would say that It also depends on how you would like to control the growth of your plants and at which stage. Your CO2 levels are also a contributing important factor in your temp and light saturation point thresholds. Do not underestimate the power of negative DIF. I have come to find it a useful tool to use in the previous loft grows I have done in the past.

My local store sells these Co2 pouches, kind of like the same size as a bag of soil and I think you just open it and leave the bag at canopy level and it releases throughout your room.

Any good mate?
No mate they are a ripoff if you ask me. The co2 output will be negligible for the price of what they ask for the products. I have a decent co2 sensor so I might have to do a test on them all the prove it to everyone at some point. You need quite abit of mass/energy to produce co2 using the methods they use. And their products just do not have merely enough to justify the price tag.

Your opinion is worth more to me than their “Best seller” tag on the website mate, Just saved me £90 thank you

What is the best way to raise your oxygen levels in there?

Idiot comment to come but…… Does turning your extractor fan up work by sucking more air out and in through the inlet buddy?

Cheers Tom

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Tom1974 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:05 am
stoner4200000 wrote:
Tom1974 wrote:I was advised that when running led’s it is best to keep the day and night temps as close as possible

I am running
1 x Led
1 x hps

Is it still advisable to keep them temps close guys?

Days are 27 and nights 25 on average

Tom
Other than what @seymore_budz has contributed which is great advice! I would say that It also depends on how you would like to control the growth of your plants and at which stage. Your CO2 levels are also a contributing important factor in your temp and light saturation point thresholds. Do not underestimate the power of negative DIF. I have come to find it a useful tool to use in the previous loft grows I have done in the past.

Any good mate?
Those co2 pouches release co2 ... :lol: there seems to be two types. The exhale bags use mycelium that produces co2 as it grows and the second type are the chemical types that normally use bicarb and citric acid that you add a little water too produce co2.

The exhale bags are more expensive than the chemical bags but last longer. Those canisters and cheapo ebay bags are shite. They won't produce enough co2 to make a significant difference. That being said, even a small increase in co2 will increase photosynthesis so you might get a small increase if you're lucky. The exhale bags may work a little better. I'd love to see an exhale bag tested with a co2 sensor that's taking measurements from the canopy and not glued to the side of the bag :lol: My guess is they might increase co2 by about 100ppm

To run co2 correctly, you're going to need the appropriate controllers as if you're running an extraction fan, the co2 won't hang around for long. Ideally you would also have the appropriate HVAC to manage the climate from within the grow area so you don't need to extract air often while maintaining optimal environmental conditions.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Tom1974 (Mon May 23, 2022 10:07 am) • 420mFuk (Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:30 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”