Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

When do you PK....?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions

Re: When do you PK....?

Post by Guest »

Thanks for everyone for putting the effort in here.

I have a much better understanding now.

Wahooooo GR420 is awesome 👌
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Wed May 11, 2022 10:08 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu May 12, 2022 11:06 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

I don’t use ok usually , every time I have I fry them lmfao , just stick to a and b usually

Paul
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Wed May 11, 2022 10:08 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Wed May 11, 2022 11:08 pm) • Guest (Thu May 12, 2022 8:23 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

PK covers quite a lot of products and each have been formulated to be used at different times. 13/14 is quite an aggressive ratio and is normally given later on in flower when the plants are really going for it. 9/18 is a little less aggressive and would normally be used a little earlier and for a longer period. Vitalink Buddy is a 3/5 but includes sulphur. The manufacturer recomendations is to start early at half strength and increase later into flower. Then you have the all-in-one PK boosters like green sensation. Those can be used from the early flowering stage all the way through. You also have products like shooting powder and bud blood that are the same thing but comes with two recommendations. Advanced Nutrients suggest you add bud blood for the first two weeks of flower to stop stretch and increase bud sites but House & Garden suggests that you use their product in the very final stages to give them a boot up the arse before harvest. I don't think there is a correct answer TBH :lol: If your plants are healthy and growing well then they will benefit from a little extra P/K mid to late flower. You have also got to consider other factors like strain etc. For example a long flowering sativa may not appreciate a dose of P/K too early. One thing I will say is these additives are super available to the plant so less is more because you can really burn the shit out of your plants and by the time you realise that you've overdone it you're about two weeks past the point of no return.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Wed May 11, 2022 11:08 pm) • Vador (Wed May 11, 2022 11:23 pm) • Guest (Thu May 12, 2022 8:22 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Post by Guest »

Paul_led wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:46 pm
I don’t use ok usually , every time I have I fry them lmfao , just stick to a and b usually

Paul
That's what I may have been doing :lol:

Cool thanks @Paul_led 😊

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Reading through that thread I can honestly say whichever advice you follow you will get great results.
One thing I'd add is if you're using strong PK from early days of flower...do a Mid Flower flush. You will be surprised at how much salts are building up in the coco.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri May 13, 2022 7:58 am) • Vador (Fri May 13, 2022 12:28 pm)

Post by Guest »

Bulls wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:01 pm
Reading through that thread I can honestly say whichever advice you follow you will get great results.
One thing I'd add is if you're using strong PK from early days of flower...do a Mid Flower flush. You will be surprised at how much salts are building up in the coco.
Thanks Bulls. 👍

Yeah I gave too much PK to my current soil grow 🙈

Not good. I have an auto 2 or 3 weeks behind it which is a monster so far so that should keep me going.

stoner4200000

Post by stoner4200000 »

Pk supplements are generally just not needed one bit. It's something hydro manufacturers say to upsell you when your base feed should already have enough individual elemental ppm. This often then leads people to overfeed as the k levels end up being upwards of 200ppm+ which just isn't needed. The Law of the minimum applies here. In current scientific research studies in regards to cannabis and elemental ppm. it's been shown that high k levels are just not nearly as important as manufacturers claim.

As a grower myself who's gone through the stages of the mindset of thinking that "if I give my babies XYZ supplements it will increase my yield by..." And I want to get the most out of my plants right? And of course, it has to be timed at the right stages etc... Well...... I learned over the years the hard way and often caused more issues than needed. All you need is your standard A & B, Cal mag if needed and some potassium silica. Which also boosts k. And that's where people go wrong and that includes myself. If you was to go off a manufacturer feed chart and add up all the k ppm on the bottles that you're adding. Ie Your B feed, pk booster and potassium silica you'll find that k ppm levels are just way too high. It's why your also told to feed 20% runoff.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author stoner4200000 for the post:
Guest (Fri May 13, 2022 9:47 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”