Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutes shelf life

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Re: Nutes shelf life

Post by wutang »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:02 pm
wutang wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:55 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:22 pm
The nutrients should be fine as long as they've been stored correctly. Just make sure there's no solids by shaking the bottles. As for anything organic or beanies I'd say just throw them. They might be good but they have a shelf life and it would he hard to tell if its still viable. I hear Cyco has just been acquired by Hawthorne?

Edit: Yup they've been bought https://www.hawthorne-gardening.com/cyc ... portfolio/
They've been in a single skin garage in the UK..which sometimes does get a little damp but not overly..someone said once that if they're organic like Biobizz you're best to use up within a year or so..

What are beanies?

Never heard of Hawthorne...is that a good thing?

Cheers @seymore_budz
Beanies = beneficial bacteria. If they're sealed then they should be fine. Cyco base nutes are synthetic so there shouldn't be any issues as long as there ain't anything rattling around when you shake em. Yup anything organic will have a shelf life so you should use it up within a year or so.

Hawthorne are like the macdonalds of the horticultural market. They supply a lot of commercial growers etc. Some questionable practices though :) They also own Gavita and Botanicare.
Thanks @seymore_budz beautifully explained

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:21 am
. For the sake of a few quid, and the tight schedule I run, I'd rather buy some fresh nutes.
As Seymour says if they are salt based ferts you should be good to go. Unless it a big slurry dollop when you pour it out. Ferts im running atmo must be near on 2 years old and i still 3.5 ltr to get through so their must be another 18month to 2 year supply left for my small grows, its summink I've done lots in past too. It`s a different ball game with organic based ferts but if synthetic salt based your good to go. Waste not want not as Mom used to say hey, but no sweat Wu. :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Guest (Mon May 09, 2022 2:34 pm) • wutang (Tue May 10, 2022 7:37 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Give it a smell, if it smells alright it should be alright.
I had some canna stuff in my garage for a few years, when I checked it the boost smelt horrid so threw it away, the a+b smelt fine so I used it with no negative effects.
Like everyone else says just make sure to give it a good shake
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
wutang (Tue May 10, 2022 7:40 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:21 pm
wutang wrote:
. For the sake of a few quid, and the tight schedule I run, I'd rather buy some fresh nutes.
As Seymour says if they are salt based ferts you should be good to go. Unless it a big slurry dollop when you pour it out. Ferts im running atmo must be near on 2 years old and i still 3.5 ltr to get through so their must be another 18month to 2 year supply left for my small grows, its summink I've done lots in past too. It`s a different ball game with organic based ferts but if synthetic salt based your good to go. Waste not want not as Mom used to say hey, but no sweat Wu. :nice:
Thanks @2-Scoops I may give NFT another run with the Cyco nutes then. I have some of that Orca too...mycorrhiaze (think that's how it's spelt) would that be classed as organic too? Cheers buddy and hope you're well
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue May 10, 2022 10:56 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Mycorrhizal products don't go bad per say, as they age they will have less live mycorrhizae and diversity of strains. Depending on company and how much "food" in in the bottle they will be effective to some degree. So while not as good as fresh it should not be harmful.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
wutang (Tue May 10, 2022 8:13 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:40 am
2-Scoops wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:21 pm
wutang wrote:
Thanks @2-Scoops I may give NFT another run with the Cyco nutes then. I have some of that Orca too...mycorrhiaze (think that's how it's spelt) would that be classed as organic too? Cheers buddy and hope you're well
Yes i would say this stuff is classed as organic and has a shelf life, but not totally sure, smell it and if doesn`t stink like shit either risk it or not, its your shout. Bottle should tell ya though, but its microbe type life so yes organic it must be. :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Tue May 10, 2022 8:13 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Thanks all for your input. Nuff love
Wu ✌🏽

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

give it a dam good shake pour some into a glass,take a snif whirl it around like a glass of vino.........then if it looks good use it. :idea:

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

put it this way im still using a bottle of clonex gel from 2010 it still works a treat. :rolf:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
wutang (Wed May 11, 2022 7:56 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:28 pm
put it this way im still using a bottle of clonex gel from 2010 it still works a treat. :rolf:
Fuck me that must be the good stuff before they had to change the formula!!
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
wutang (Wed May 11, 2022 7:56 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”