Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Tips for Thrips

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Tips for Thrips

Post by seymore_budz »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 pm
I did read h202 kills them and can also be used on plants that are flowering, never used it this way but i cant see why i wouldn't if i had problems it would help with.

I've never used it but I've seen Harcas Mectin (ivermectin) used to kill most bugs including thrips and mites on another forum i used to frequent by more than one person. Tis another one that has systemic properties. I`m not sure about doses but @duke may know right dilution to water ratio of it. Tis another one i wouldn't use on a flowering plant though
Ain't that what Joe Rogan used to treat COVID? :lol: Yea man looks good stuff. I think the Wikipedia is Rick Rolling though :)
In 2018, it was the 420th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 100,000 prescriptions.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
2-Scoops (Sun May 22, 2022 5:59 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

2-Scoops wrote:
I did read h202 kills them and can also be used on plants that are flowering, never used it this way but i cant see why i wouldn't if i had problems it would help with.

I've never used it but I've seen Harcas Mectin (ivermectin) used to kill most bugs including thrips and mites on another forum i used to frequent by more than one person. Tis another one that has systemic properties. I`m not sure about doses but @duke may know right dilution to water ratio of it. Tis another one i wouldn't use on a flowering plant though
hi jimmi i think it was half a ml per ltr but last time i needed it was 15 yrs ago!
dr schimmel mitecide works for me in garden plants,good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Mon May 23, 2022 5:04 pm) • GMO (Mon May 23, 2022 6:33 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

2-Scoops wrote:

Ive had a bottle of this in my "break glass for emergency outbreak " case for about 4 years now.... i call it my big red button but im a little scared to use it :lol:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Looking at that Harkers has reminded me I used to feed my chickens garlic to keep mites and bugs off them.

I'm pretty sure if you feed plants garlic too it acts like a systemic repellent for stuff like thrips and mites.

The garlic did make the chickens more appetising for the dogs when they killed them though. I should have fed them a little butter and a pinch of rosemary too.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Mon May 23, 2022 7:07 pm) • GMO (Mon May 23, 2022 7:20 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

GMO wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:34 pm

Ive had a bottle of this in my "break glass for emergency outbreak " case for about 4 years now.... i call it my big red button but im a little scared to use it :lol:
Lots use it to great effect if ya have a quick look around net on thrips and mites. I seem to remember it was "the dude abides" who used it most the time at the old forum i used. Handy to have around and half ml a litre, well a 5ml bottle goes a long way . :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
GMO (Mon May 23, 2022 7:41 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”