Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Anyone have a YT link for trimming before flower?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Tom1974

Anyone have a YT link for trimming before flower?

Post by Tom1974 »

Doesn’t have to be YouTube can be your own help or pointers.

I collected my girls this morning that have been vegging in my buddy’s for the past 3 weeks.

I plan to flip in just under a weeks time and wondered when is best to trim the bottoms and how much?

Been a long time since I done this and can’t really remember how, also I’m guessing Knowledge has come on more and there are better ways now

Cheers guys!!

These users thanked the author Tom1974 for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:18 am) • Herbalist (Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:02 am)

Re: Anyone have a YT link for trimming before flower?

Post by Guest »

Tom1974 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:12 am
Doesn’t have to be YouTube can be your own help or pointers.

I collected my girls this morning that have been vegging in my buddy’s for the past 3 weeks.

I plan to flip in just under a weeks time and wondered when is best to trim the bottoms and how much?

Been a long time since I done this and can’t really remember how, also I’m guessing Knowledge has come on more and there are better ways now

Cheers guys!!

Good ole @2-Scoops taught me a rule of thumb when using netting, to strip any unwanted leaves below the net, 2 weeks into flower.

Maybe this may work for you too.

I think this is so you can monitor stretch too.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Tom1974 (Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:33 pm) • Herbalist (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

If im using 2 nets @DIY.Rik & @Timis1942 which isn't often cus i only grow smaller plants now, well i would net at canopy height at flip time, then i would add a 2nd netting at 2 weeks into 12/12 at canopy height and then strip away anything below first net 2 to 3 weeks into 12/12. But these days in all honesty theirs not a call for me using 2 nets this way cus i only grow diddy plants in a smaller cupboard, so for me its more a case of just net at canopy height at 2 weeks into bloom and strip away the bottom 3rd of plant at same time, I'd much prefer to do that strip away at 3 weeks into 12/12 but i cant get plants in and out of cupboard so its done all at once at netting up with not too many ill effects are caused.

Theirs really no need stripping away leaves in veg unless its for ease of watering and feeding plants. But yes basically just strip away bottom 3rd of plant 3weeks into bloom (12/12) if possible i find is best way. Saves fucking about doing it all at once and you can easily whip away a 3rd of plant in one go without it causing problems.
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 am) • Guest (Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:31 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

2-Scoops wrote:If im using 2 nets [mention]DIY.Rik[/mention] & [mention]Timis1942[/mention] which isn't often cus i only grow smaller plants now. Well i net at canopy height at flip time, then at 2nd netting i would again at 2 weeks into 12/12 at canopy height and then strip away anything below first net. But these days in all honesty theirs not a call for me using 2 nets this way cus io only grow diddy plants in a smaller cupboard, so for me its more a case of just net at canopy height at 2 weeks into bloom and strip away the bottom 3rd of plant, I'd much prefer to do that strip away at 3 weeks into 12/12 but i cant get plants in and out of cupboard so its done all at once at netting up with not too many ill effects are caused.
Thanks for the reply man
Forgive my ignorance but what’s the reason for betting at canopy level?

I used to just use one net to feed the main stems through to “take the weight” so to speak

Love learning new things though, look forward to this reply mate
These users thanked the author Tom1974 for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 am) • 2-Scoops (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:34 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Tom1974 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 am
2-Scoops wrote:If im using 2 nets @DIY.Rik & @Timis1942 which isn't often cus i only grow smaller plants now. Well i net at canopy height at flip time, then at 2nd netting i would again at 2 weeks into 12/12 at canopy height and then strip away anything below first net. But these days in all honesty theirs not a call for me using 2 nets this way cus io only grow diddy plants in a smaller cupboard, so for me its more a case of just net at canopy height at 2 weeks into bloom and strip away the bottom 3rd of plant, I'd much prefer to do that strip away at 3 weeks into 12/12 but i cant get plants in and out of cupboard so its done all at once at netting up with not too many ill effects are caused.
Thanks for the reply man
Forgive my ignorance but what’s the reason for betting at canopy level?

I used to just use one net to feed the main stems through to “take the weight” so to speak

Love learning new things though, look forward to this reply mate
Cus you want plants to go through net and doing it at 2 weeks into 12/12 or first sign of buds with auto plants still gives plant a week or 2 to grow through the nets and support the whole plant properly, doing it any other time your gonna get nets doing absolutely nothing if its added too early it will won`t be supporting any of your tiop biggi buds etc so shit will still topple and added too late plant wont grow through to support itself. The first net is only added at flip to support side branching and buds on much larger plants.

I`m not talking about scrogging here but just using nets to support plants and stop them toppling over when it has buds growing on them.

Image 2 nets and bottom 3rd stripped away on bigger plants

1 net added 2 weeks into 12/12 on smaller plants and then the bottom 3rd is stripped away around 2 to 3 weeks into bloom
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Tom1974 (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:41 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”