Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Anyone drying in a net

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Nom
Known User

Anyone drying in a net

Post by Nom »

I've been drying in a net after wet trimming with a bowl trimmer, I find that once dry my bud has pretty much zero smell. It's always very smooth and potency isn't an issue but it would be nice to keep some terps and I have a feeling that the terps would change the high. At present I take all the bud off the stems and put it in a net for 3 days at which point it feels dry, I then jar it for about 12 hours and then put it back on the net for another day. After that it's ready for jarring and pretty much always sits at 62 to 65 rh without any boveda packs or anything else. It never really gets that dank smell back though. My questions are
Does anyone else use a bet and not have this problem and if so how do you do i then?
Or am I really just ruining my bud by using a net?
How does everyone else do it?

:idn:
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 3):
Greenfingers (Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:35 pm) • Keeno (Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:48 pm) • Herbalist (Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:16 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Anyone drying in a net

Post by 2-Scoops »

I do more or less exact same as yourself, but usually after 4 or 5 days hanging in nets drying i jar it up, depends on time of year how long its left in net racks, i try to aim for jarring my bud up around 70rh. So yes i then sling bud in my jars with some boveda 62rh packs and a small digintal rh monitor, i then crack lids daily for ten minutes till bud hits 62rh in jars, i also agitate buds in jars by turning jars upside down and back from time to time, once buds at 62rh in jars i then just leave it to cure with boveda packs. I always get a nice stinky bud doing that.

Summink i find is bringing the rh of my buddage down slowly to 62rh always produces a stinky bud where as if i jar buds up that are overly dry and under 62rh then its much harder to bring that bud back up to a nice stinky 62rh buddage with the boveda packs, even when its landed at 62rh by adding rh back into bud its never as smelly as i get when lowering rh from start slowly. Basically reducing moisture down with to 62rh boveda packs slowly from around 70rh over 2 to 3 weeks produces better buds than if i had to bring rh back up to 62rh
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Greenfingers (Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:35 pm) • Herbalist (Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:16 pm) • MrNice (Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 pm) • Nom (Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:27 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

Hey,

Have you tried a dry trim.

Whole plant hang dry for 14 days.... then trim and jar.

I have excellent results every time.

I previously done wet trim prior to dry trim and had the same issues. Switched to dry trim.

60/60 for 14 days and you will be grand.

ASG
These users thanked the author Ancient.Soul.Grown for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:16 pm) • Treetrunk (Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:06 pm) • Nom (Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:28 am)

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

Another note i will add is to why i have done this....

When you carry out a wet trim and cut the buds the trichome heads surface tension is very fragile with any slight knock touch and the heads poooooof explode.... releasing the goodness.

This was demonstrated under an electron microscope... when i syringe needle was dragged across the surface of the bud you could clearly see the heads bursting/exploding.

When the exact same method is done again but with a dry bud the heads topple over like tree's being felled.

The dry flower heads have like a hardened shell just enough to allow heads to topple over at the base without rupturing.

I seen the footage of this on insta i'm sure. I will try and find and add this to the thread.

Again the dry is probably one of the most important if not thee most important stage of the whole process.

60/60 is key..... cold slow dry

ASG
These users thanked the author Ancient.Soul.Grown for the post:
Nom (Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:28 am)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

For me i full-plant hang try to aim for 60/60rh with stems snaps then put it into a box for a further 5 days then dry trim then put in grove bags
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 2):
Nom (Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:29 am) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:53 am)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”