Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

three point Leaf

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Greenfingers
Known User

three point Leaf

Post by Greenfingers »

Hello everyone 😎

I have some skunk plants on day 40 of 12/12 and its grown a few three point leaves ?

Now could this be stress or maybe genetics , i have 2 of that same strain and one is perfect and the other looks alot more sativa than the other.

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Ch ... eeds_Bank/
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Stickylemonz (Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:56 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:01 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: three point Leaf

Post by seymore_budz »

That plant has started to flower and its super sativa so you will get these three finger leaves as they transition. You might also see them up you've had a light leak consistently and the plants get confused but those girls look normal to me.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:48 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:01 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

genetics for me bob .............. seen the same
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:48 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:00 pm)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

It happens man, it can be due to both factors you mentioned (stress & genetics). The famous genetic equivalent is the "ducks foot", a three fingered leaf stain bred out of Australia by Wally Duck. I know there's a Frisian Duck too by Dutch Passion, no idea of this is related to the Ducks Foot.

But yes, the three fingers also come out when the plant is stressed. When you revenge and monster crop this happens too. The plant throws single leafed leaves etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a 9 pound hammer that's doing the same thing at the moment

These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 4):
Greenfingers (Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:49 pm) • Stickylemonz (Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:57 pm) • MrNice (Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:01 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:01 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

You always get this when you turn plants back to veg from bloom or take cuts from a flowering plant and put them on vegging hours .

Day 40 in bloom theirs sure very little buddage on these for a 53 day flowering plant according to your links, those buds should be a shit load bigger at this point of 40 days of 12/12, i understand plant times given by makers are just a guide but this doesn`t seem right at all, it makes me think they are really struggling to transition over to bloom or they are trying to revert back to veg for some reason. Even a full weight 12 to 16 week sativa would have bigger buds on it at this point and this is supposed to be a 53day indica heavy hybrid according to your link. Summink aint right here and if its not a light leak causing it or some sort of stress, then its gotta be shit genetics and if its the latter i can`t see much coming from this one mukka, sorry about the buzz kill, i hope im wrong.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
camkush (Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:24 pm) • MrNice (Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:01 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:13 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:20 am
You always get this when you turn plants back to veg from bloom or take cuts from a flowering plant and put them on vegging hours .

Day 40 in bloom theirs sure very little buddage on these for a 53 day flowering plant according to your links, those buds should be a shit load bigger at this point of 40 days of 12/12, i understand plant times given by makers are just a guide but this doesn`t seem right at all, it makes me think they are really struggling to transition over to bloom or they are trying to revert back to veg for some reason. Even a full weight 12 to 16 week sativa would have bigger buds on it at this point and this is supposed to be a 53day indica heavy hybrid according to your link. Summink aint right here and if its not a light leak causing it or some sort of stress, then its gotta be shit genetics and if its the latter i can`t see much coming from this one mukka, sorry about the buzz kill, i hope im wrong.
I did think they should be much further on, ive checked everything over and i cant find anything out of place :idn:

i will give them another look over cheers all @2-Scoops @Cave Hill Cole @seymore_budz @Mr Nice
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:56 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:13 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

ive just been in with lights off and closed the door, the only light i could see is off the inkbird so ive put tape over them :thanks: some times it's the obvious things we miss

4 of the 6 do seem to be lagging :bang head:
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 3):
Stickylemonz (Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:59 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:56 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:14 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

I’m not sure but they are so so pretty. I’ve had a few do the same and seemed fine at end.
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”