Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Diy led air cooled hood

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Diy led air cooled hood

Post by Josh »

So basically I found a used dominator 2xxl led online for super cheap, pulls 608 watts at the wall.
Fantastic light, but is heating up the tent way worse than my air cooled 600.
The fans that cool the heat sinks are blowing hot air into the tent, any ideas on how to contain that heat and extract it fast?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Diy led air cooled hood

Post by Bulls »

Good morning buddy.
I imagine you can just hang some ducting above the heatsink, connected to an extraction fan. That should take some of the heat out..other than that I am very bad with DIY :D

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Bulls wrote:Good morning buddy.
I imagine you can just hang some ducting above the heatsink, connected to an extraction fan. That should take some of the heat out..other than that I am very bad with DIY :D
I was thinking that also, but the fans pull air in from the top and push it out the sides. This is a tough one..

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Well it is a tough one....If you have clip on fans blowing the warm air up and getting it sucked by the ducting/extraction fan?

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

That's a good idea man, right now my exhaust is on the top corner. I'll try using the hole directly above the light
Bulls wrote:Well it is a tough one....If you have clip on fans blowing the warm air up and getting it sucked by the ducting/extraction fan?

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 pm
That's a good idea man, right now my exhaust is on the top corner. I'll try using the hole directly above the light
Bulls wrote:Well it is a tough one....If you have clip on fans blowing the warm air up and getting it sucked by the ducting/extraction fan?
Have you got an intake fan at all. Position it to point up towards the light, should push that warm air up into your extraction.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Just passive intake on both sides of the bottom of tent. Only a fan for outtake
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Have you got an intake fan at all. Position it to point up towards the light, should push that warm air up into your extraction.

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:05 pm
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

Might be worth considering one mate, just having intake will lower temps, but if ya got nice cool ir under the canopy blowing upwards, should make quite a difference. i dropped 3c like this, and my ambient intake temps are almost same as in the room. If My ambient temps were cooler woulda knocked it down further. Having an intake means you can up your extraction as well.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Good call my friend, I think I'll invest in a 4" intake fan. Been meaning to do it for a while now
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:05 pm
Hobbit wrote: Have you got an intake fan at all. Position it to point up towards the light, should push that warm air up into your extraction.
Might be worth considering one mate, just having intake will lower temps, but if ya got nice cool ir under the canopy blowing upwards, should make quite a difference. i dropped 3c like this, and my ambient intake temps are almost same as in the room. If My ambient temps were cooler woulda knocked it down further. Having an intake means you can up your extraction as well.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

i bashed a hole in a wall,it dropped the temps by several degrees see bach..... :Stoned:

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”