Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

-=Nutes=-

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
loco_flogrw
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

-=Nutes=-

Post by loco_flogrw »

I have been using emerald harvest since I started other than starting in fox farm super soil premix but emerald harvest is rather pricey when I start getting into bigger grows not more than 8 plants. I need to find the most economical way to give my plants everything they need to be their best in the cheapest manner with DWC.

I understand General Hydroponics is affordable from what I seem to see but I was wondering if anyone has created a custom feed chart from seed to flush with GH nutes or any just using the bear essentials of NPK and just hook me up with a feed chart from that I would be forever grateful. Come on guys, give me your knowledge.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: -=Nutes=-

Post by Bulls »

Hello buddy.
Usually keeping things simple is the cheapest way to do it, no matter what brand nutrients you choose.
Some companies like Canna use 2 part feeds - A&B others use 1 bottle only. To be honest any of them will do the job. I've used Canna, Ionic and Plant Magic and can't say I've seen much of a difference.

So basically my advice for a nutrient list will be:
Base Nutes
Roots Stimulant - Plant Magic Root Stimulant seems to be doing a great job and it's affordable but you can use Canna Rhizo if you happy to pay more
Growth Technology Liquid Silicone
CalMag
And suitable PK booster for flowering - I prefer the low PK version of the Hammerhead which is 4/10.

I can't get you a feed chart which is universal and will work for all plants simply because some plants require different feeds, different pH at times. You have to learn and read your plants. Using an EC meter for the feed strength and pH pen to adjust the pH. Usually start low with feed and slowly build your way up until plants are happy and stick to it. When flowering comes, reduce the base nutrients and start adding extra PK :)

Best thing will be to get a diary and post regular updates, plenty of us will be around to help you understand the process.

loco_flogrw

Post by loco_flogrw »

thank u so much for the advise! i understand there will not be a feed chart that can tell me exactly what to add in perfect increments. but more of a base to start with so i dont waste time either not giving them enough or too much trying to get bigger fluffier bud...and i know every strain is some what different on nute amounts but i was just looking for a base to start with and add more or less from their. i only say waste time and money because i have to use distilled water because water here out of the tap is bad, 300+ ppm, chlorine, fluoride, u name it, and I cant go with RO due to my living situation. and the seeds im using r expensive so i dont have a bunch room to run around figuring this out when there are 1000's of growers that could simply hook up a bit of info. when i know something i tell someone every detail down to the pin prick, but im learning im a part of a select few in this world. everyone else wants to give me 1/4 to a half of the info i ask for in detail and then told to figure it out, now thats all well and good if i had that type of room for error and R&D.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I been using EC but if google is converting it right your tap water will be only around 0.5-0.6 EC which is not too bad really..can be worse.
If you decide to go tapwater and you start seedlings I would give them 2ml per L of Root Stimulant/ Rhizo until they have their first couple of sets of true leaves. Everything else they need should be in the tap water. I will keep the pH to 5.7-5.8. Once they start developing their 3rd set of true leaves I will increase the EC by 0.1 by using base nutrients. If you were to use Canna Coco I would say use 0.5 ml of Canna A and 0.5ml of Canna B to each Liter of feed. They shouldn't be hungry at this stage at all having all that food.
If you decide to go distilled water you will have to add 1ml per L calmag, 2ml per L rhizotonic/ root stimulant and some amounts of base nutrients to reach EC of 0.5 or 300 PPM.

loco_flogrw

Post by loco_flogrw »

I am enjoying all this great info you're telling me. Please do go on as much into this as you feel like typing sir. I use a tds HANNA meter, I'm in the USA with crazy American conversions.

I really enjoy the recycled glass as a hydro medium because it resists build up and algae. I have decided for my next big grow I will use large NFT tables holding up to 4 good size plants.
Last edited by The Aspie Toker on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Text talk and typos

loco_flogrw

Post by loco_flogrw »

i would post pics of my current grow that has about 3 weeks left but im so new to this forum i dont know how;) like i said though, my tap water is trash and it leeches into the taste of my bud. so i made a large still to process tap water into distilled. what is left behind is just awful sir... i do not mind adding calmag and a silicate base. im a sponge and im super thankful for any more knowledge that is bestowed upon me. cheapest hydro nutes for everything from seeding to end of flowering, and a nice side note would be super nice for how to treat clones with these nutes....i might be making a tall order but for a lot of good growers that posses this type of knowledge usually enjoy getting a chance to talk shop with people of similar interests.

loco_flogrw

Post by loco_flogrw »

i have one more question to ask bulls, what is the cheapest base nutes to go with that will work? and as far as for flowering, will all i need is a bloom booster? why do other nute companies use an A and B bloom plus a bloom booster? r they basically selling me more stuff i dont need?

SmokeyJoe

Post by SmokeyJoe »

I find that too, its hard to know what to get when there is so much different stuff in the hydro shops.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Best and cheapest way to go is
Canna A&B
Hammerhead PK 4/10
Plant Magic root stimulator
Growth Technology Liquif Silicon
VitaLink CalMag

That's everything you need! :)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello Marcus
If you decide to use pk all the way through flower there are few things to consider

First you start with pk 13/14 straight from flip at really low dose at 0.2-0.25 ml per L. This will booat flowering rightup in the arse.

Then you switch to Hammerhead PK 4/10 until flush . Again from week 3 you start at low dose 0.5 and you can increase it up to 1 ml per L. Hammerhead recommends 1.5ml per I'd never go so far. Also some plants feel comfortable at 0.75,as you know very strain dependant.

Then something to remember - PK helps building up salts in coco and i strongly recommend feeding daily with 15-20% runoff. Also something I Always do is mid flower flush. Thats like a proper kick im the arse. You see a change in plants overnight. Sometimes i do 3 x Pot size or until i see same runoff fiures as Tap water ec or I do 2 days double normal quantity liters tap water.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”