Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Stealth Exhaust

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Stealth Exhaust

Post by camkush »

Anyone got experience with super quiet exhaust fans? I have 3-4 but they are all a bit loud.. I looked into the Hyper Stealth Fans but they run around 200$ and I was just curious if they are worth it.
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Donks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stealth Exhaust

Post by Donks »

I built a box to put mine in Cam but i could do with a vario to slow it down a tad. I also looked into mufflers which can further reduce noise in the ducting

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

acoustic ducting helps, as does sms controller etc and a box+bubblewrap or foam as donkey says.... I personally just moved my fan further away and used longer ducting.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I use acoustic ducting, a variac and a box filled with foam to keep mine quiet.

I'll be upgrading to Phonic Trap ducting. Apparently it's quieter than acoustic with the added bonus of not having fibreglass inside.

I've purchased an acoustic silencer but not installed it yet.

All of the above make it a lot quieter.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

Those hyper fresh fans are pricey but you can buy the silencers for em. I bought on once and sent it back too noisy without the silencer. Be aware that you cant just use any old controller for them you have to buy their brand if ya go down that road. I use Ruck fans, buy much larger than i need and then turn it right down with a controller. Almost silent and im running an 8 and a 6 inch. The 6 inch I cant hear at all, actually the the only the thing i can hear in that tent is the bubbles hitting the surface in my bubble cloner. Also running acoustic ducting tbh in my situation now there is no need for that now, ithchy stuff that is lol.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

was it gmo who was on about a box built, oversized and insulated? like long rectangular, have the exhaust going into it? maybe BD?

to me the movement of air specifically when leaving the system is the main issue so i love the above idea.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”