Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

What LST methods do you recommend?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

What LST methods do you recommend?

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Hey folks, so I've got a couple of healthy looking young plants and I'm wondering what to do regarding LST and when to start.
One of the strawberry banana plants has grown quicker than expected and the stalks are thick compared to my last grow (not complaining!) for this age.

Any suggestions what to do with her/them? I was thinking of bending the top over to try and grow it in a spiral. She's been topped all ready about a week ago. She's about a foot tall. My plan was to top and then tie the two new growths down but she's way too tall (I think I topped too late).

I don't plan to scrog or anything, I may use a tomato cage if needed.

Here's a pic anyway...
(diary update coming tonight)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: What LST methods do you recommend?

Post by Keeno »

Hello mate,

They are looking lovely, you could bend the main top over and start to tie down side growth. Id personally give them another top and get brutal. Yep it gonna take 2 weeks to get em sorted but whats another 2 weeks in veg to get the right in flower. The fact they are a little bigger than most would start a brutal beating is no bad thing, if anything it means the roots on them will mean faster growth/recovery.

Looking at the one in the bottom of pic it looks like you have topped and got 2 tops already?

Id get the stems pinched as close to main stem and start pulling the tops back down towards the pots(if that is 2 i can see, or after topping again). 2 weeks of playing with the tying and you will have lovely even big old bushes, the side growth will more than catch up in that time, will even need leveling imo.

Its hard to be to brutal with these plants, if you cant bend a branch where you want it, get it half way, in a day or 2 it will be ready to be pulled the rest of the way.

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Thanks dude! Yeah the bottom plant is a week or so behind the back (remember my seed problem thread?!) but that's got four tops (maybe I fimmed by mistake? This was my first time topping). When you say 'give them another topping' do you mean topping the two new growths at the top so they'll have 4 tops like the plant in front?

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Oh and veg time I'm not bothered about as I wasn't planning on flipping for another 3-4 weeks. (unless they're monsters in that time!).
Reason being I'm away for the first weekend of August and want to flip when I get back. (don't want hps running when I'm away for a few nights if it can be helped)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

if you have 2/4 tops of main stem then just beat em up good, no need, was hard to see on the furthest plant if it was 1 or 2 tops there. not having to top will speed it up anyway. Just flatten em out if thats the case, like i did in that picture, yep the main stem may be high but like i siad id start training the main tops back down toward the pot itself for a few days, flat gives you a fresh canvas, dont look as to late, look as just getting started.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

The plant on the very front looks like it's been fimmed, the one at the back I would follow Keeno's advice buddy :) Very nice plants!

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Thanks guys, so helpful having a second opinion. I'll get bending tonight (I used a scissors to top and think I did fim the lemon zkittles in front, it loved it though, didn't seem to slow down at all)
Thanks for the comments too, learnt so much from first grow I'm trying to make sure I use all the knowledge. They've Only had water and one feed so far. My soil mix seems pretty safe.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

We live and learn, every time we complete a grow we learn something new buddy.. that's why I love keeping diaries. You can always go back and check what you've done and what you can change and you think it's for the better :) We happy to help buddy

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”