Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Green light at lights off

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Green light at lights off

Post by wutang »

Yo All

Does anyone use a green light during lights off to check or feed plants? If so have you had any issues? I know Lumii do some work light style lights as well as the headband type of ones. Personally I've always watered lights on but there are times I would prefer to water earlier when lights are off due to busy days etc but not sure in terms of the effects it may have.

Thanks

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Green light at lights off

Post by seymore_budz »

Hey @wutang,

I've used their work light as well as some LED green light that fits into the standard bayonet fitting. They great for working while the lights off. It does make it a little hard to spot things but you can 100% do some watering etc without activating the plants.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
wutang (Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:22 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:19 am
Hey @wutang,

I've used their work light as well as some LED green light that fits into the standard bayonet fitting. They great for working while the lights off. It does make it a little hard to spot things but you can 100% do some watering etc without activating the plants.
Thank you bredda.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
seymore_budz (Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:24 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

@Chad.Westport I have read the same and it did worry me but I can say that I've not seen any real negative effects but what I will say is that I use the green lights rarely like when spraying plants etc and only for short periods of time. I did have an issue with an incandescent green light though. Only difference I can think of is green LED is monochromatic where the incandescent is not.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
wutang (Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:09 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

i do feeds and checks during lights off with a white light

Cannabis is photo receptive for all light types. its more a case of the amount of ppdf exceeding a particular amount which isnt defined yet. tthe green filter just restricts the amount of photons activating the plants metabolism
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
wutang (Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:09 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

Yeah I think I was talking about this in a few podcasts back I think theres a place that makes a moon light type light I am sure someone could lead you in the right direction but a soft light I think would do as long as it's not all centered more spread out I use to spray and water just before the lights would come on at times like a moring due ;)
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post:
wutang (Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:15 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I run my lights on during 6pm to 6am, so the idea was that the lights would keep the plants warm during the night and stop them from overheating during the day as lights would be off. Since switching thats pretty much poo poo'd everything as we've had really cold weather and i grow in a shed.

The only reason why I would want to go and water during lights off was that I could get it done whilst the kids are sleeping so it stops me eating in to my evening time with them.

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

wutang wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:15 pm
I run my lights on during 6pm to 6am, so the idea was that the lights would keep the plants warm during the night and stop them from overheating during the day as lights would be off. Since switching thats pretty much poo poo'd everything as we've had really cold weather and i grow in a shed.

The only reason why I would want to go and water during lights off was that I could get it done whilst the kids are sleeping so it stops me eating in to my evening time with them.
Just a quick article about watering iam sure theres lots but interesting at the least https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/ ... ouseplants

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”