Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Wet or dry trim?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Wet or dry trim?

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I bet you've all talked about this many times but I can't find the post on here (sorry if I'm being dumb and I simply haven't found it) but what do you guys do and or prefer?

Reason I ask is after some research it seemed dry was more 'pro' yet the more I look into it (every YouTube video) the more I see wet trim.

Photo is of my girlfriend trimming last night. She loves it, I absolutely find it the most tedious job ever! It was cool for the first 2 or 3 branches but then... Zzzzzzz

'free your mind and your ass will follow'

diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Wet or dry trim?

Post by GMO »

Really good question dude and I'm sure we are going to hear all sorts of logic

Personally I take off any leaves that have a clear stem to cut and don't dig into buds (wet trim) then hang and short back and sides the bud after (dry trim)

I have heard that when cutting into "green" or "fresh" leaves, they will spread their liquid onto near by buds (this liquid hasn't properly broken down into base sugars yet and can cause harsh or grassy flavour)

But like everything dude... find what works for you. Wet trim is easier but dry trim for better drying and flavour IMHO

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

hotshot
Has thanked: 0

Post by hotshot »

:Stoned: I've always trim mine wet, so can't say about dry, but I suppose either way world be alright. :dance:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I have tried dry trimming only once and it was a horrible job. It took me twice as much time to do it and I didn't find any different in flavour. A matter if personal choice really :)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I've pretty much done this method too. All fan leaves came off and anything frosty stayed on. It's a long job but my gf loves it as long as she can pick what's on telly. Bloody love this trim tray I bought. Pricey (£60) for what it is but collecting the kief is easy. That's why I went dry trim too. To use the trim tray.
Bought myself a hair straighteners too...
GMOGreen wrote:Really good question dude and I'm sure we are going to hear all sorts of logic

Personally I take off any leaves that have a clear stem to cut and don't dig into buds (wet trim) then hang and short back and sides the bud after (dry trim)

I have heard that when cutting into "green" or "fresh" leaves, they will spread their liquid onto near by buds (this liquid hasn't properly broken down into base sugars yet and can cause harsh or grassy flavour)

But like everything dude... find what works for you. Wet trim is easier but dry trim for better drying and flavour IMHO

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

At a boy! I was looking into them trim trays, cheaper to get 2 kitty litter trays and some #200 ss mesh but for a prefab product they look look to do an awesome job

Enjoy your fruits matey

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

That's a good idea with the kitty litter trays.
Going to try my first homemade dab tonight. Yum yum!
GMOGreen wrote:At a boy! I was looking into them trim trays, cheaper to get 2 kitty litter trays and some #200 ss mesh but for a prefab product they look look to do an awesome job

Enjoy your fruits matey

BlueDream17
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlueDream17 »

I like it wet.. looks pretty, takes less time(trimming,hanging), drys nice, and you just don’t have to deal with snipping into every bud to get that pesky fan leaf stem. It can actually be enjoying trimming wet for a change, I know I absolutely hated dry trimming.
Snapin necks and cashin checks

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Im in the wet trim camp. I just find it easier and like it done and dusted. Ive also heard about fluids leaking from wet cut sugar leaves but ive never noticed anything different. dry trimming for me is a nightmare and takes longer.

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Yeah, even my missus looked bored last night. She had to wake me up when she finished (whoops).

Bad news: Still got a shit load to do too.
Good news: I've got way more of a harvest than I thought! Should last a while.

Due to being a newbie I've got shitheads of trim and airy buds so I'm going to infuse with cocoa butter and make chocolates. I'll do a post and guide when I do.
Keeno wrote:Im in the wet trim camp. I just find it easier and like it done and dusted. Ive also heard about fluids leaking from wet cut sugar leaves but ive never noticed anything different. dry trimming for me is a nightmare and takes longer.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”