Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Grow tent temp problems,

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
deadleanteambaby
Has thanked: 0

Grow tent temp problems,

Post by deadleanteambaby »

Hi guys hope you can all help I currently have a tent in my loft 1.2m x 1.5 x 2m have a 600 w light in there , I have a 8inch out take exhaust which seems to be pumping air out real good , I have a 4 inch intake and just a 6inch clip on fam the temp reaches 34•C/36 when light have been on an hour , if I was to get a 6 inch inline to replace the 4inch And a oscillating fan will this brung temps down to disired many thanks 🙏🏼
These users thanked the author deadleanteambaby for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:14 pm) • Guest (Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 am)

deadleanteambaby

Re: Grow tent temp problems,

Even with tent door fully open I’m still getin 29•C obviously to hot for the plants as there wilting and curling , the outside temp in the loft is cold around 10c at best I just can’t understand it maybe the 6inch In-line and a proper oscillating fan will sort my out problems
out
These users thanked the author deadleanteambaby for the post:
Keeno (Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:14 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

The oscillating fan wont cool it down any, just helps with air circulation, the motor will actually heat the tent up slightly.
Is your extractor fan on max? Can you extend your intake to a intake from outside?
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Guest (Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:52 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The joys of dialling a groom in....

If the temperature outside the tent is as low as 10c then the higher power intake should bring your temperatures down. 4 inch do not move a lot of air and your 8 inch will be struggling to move the air it should be with only a 4 inch intake.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Guest (Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:52 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

If you have an 8inch (200mm) exhaust fan and it's struggling to cool a room with one 600w lamp you may have some sort of extraction issue. Is the exit air being pumped out of the room?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

deadleanteambaby

Nah there is NO issue with my 8inch it thumps air out like a whirlwind , I’ve just bought a ram 6 inch inline and Fuk me it’s 10 times powerful than that silly shorty 4inch I got worh the grow tent with a 609w light like are these lot selling these tent kits twats or what , the new 6 inch is 5 or 6 times more powerfull than the old 4 inch was previously running what a joke some of these kit companies are but cheap buy twice lol

Post by Guest »

Can't you try pulling air in from the edges around trhe eaves so you have colder, fresh air pulling in?

See I have the opposite problem :lol: and I'm in the garage, my temps are too low as I'm pulling fresh air in constantly.

Also maybe try placing a fan over a bowl of ice so it acts as a air con?
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

deadleanteambaby

I’ve got the temps down to 26 when watered to 28,5 when drying out, the intake inline dar ricting is literallly pulling in the air from outside of the building I made a whole in the Lining of the roof and then water proofed and insulated etc so the inline is pulling in air from outside the building which is very cold in U.K. ,

deadleanteambaby

So it seems replacing the shitty dead as f*** inline fan with the 6inch ram fam in-line fam are doing the job for now and have temps ranging from 25/28.5!!! I have a general question about watering , Ive just transferee them into 11L pots how much water roughly in Litres do I need to be watering them to stop over watering etc any help would be great

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”