Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Brix Level Check

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Brix Level Check

Post by Bulls »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:59 pm
So yes, yellow leaves, dying off.
And using that measuring unit you are able to prevent that from happening? If that's the case I am all cool about it as I've always grown in coco and soil confuses me and maybe that can help many people like me.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Guest (Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:42 am)

Post by Guest »

Bulls wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:59 pm
So yes, yellow leaves, dying off.
And using that measuring unit you are able to prevent that from happening? If that's the case I am all cool about it as I've always grown in coco and soil confuses me and maybe that can help many people like me.
Well I'm slowly picking up good little traits this thing can have. If you have check the calcium levels in the leaves, thats gotta be a good thing. I need to do more research myself, you could probably tell me more bulls lol

You can check a few different parameters using this so I think it's a valuable tool and an underrated one.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 am
I think I'll stick with eye although I may not be any good at it yet, many on here are and can tell what sort of deficiency. I personally think this take away a important part of looking after your plants and learning what they're telling you. ✌🏽💚 Each to thier own 👊🏽
You can use reading your plants, still as the primary diagnosing tool. This can verify, if you can check something like this you can become more confident in reading the plant in the 1st place. But like you say each to there own lol
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Elijah Growz (Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 am)

Post by Guest »

I just love the science part and researching stuff.

You forget things or take some things for granted sometimes. I used my laser temp gauge as I thought my light were a little close, just as a secondary tool to help me make that decision.

Geeky 🤓 gadget stuff 😆
Elijah Growz (Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:55 am)

Post by Guest »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:55 am
Not knocking it all mate think it's great but to me just another expense :lol: I like cheap I brought a PH pen for 8 quid I think used it 9nce, it's sat in my Drawer since I just think waste of money that :lol: but I totally get it and get that it could and is useful to some 👍🏽

See I'm the opposite I hate the science behind things when Mo starts talking I switch off :fight: as I said before I'm just simple and like to keep things simple :dance: all these gadgets and readings I struggle with feed so all these others numbers and shit would confuse the hell out of me 😂 i can tell you temp and RH of my room, but only if I open it and look I never take notes of how high it gets if it needs to change, I'm like here's a plant stick it in a pot and watch it grow :barmy:

But I've said it before I get why people use all these gadgets just not for me 👊🏽
It was only ten pounds Elijahgrowz 😉 lol

Yeah I love a few numbers and brain ache, but sometimes I don't understand all of it. Too much in my head already, or maybe I'm always just too stoned 🙃
Elijah Growz (Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:09 am)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:07 am

It was only ten pounds Elijahgrowz lol
Yeah and that's cheap to some I still refuse to pay £20 for a pair of trousers or a tee shirt my brain is still stuck in the 90s for shopping for stuff
Same here mate. My lad bought trainers for £180 It took me a week to recover from shock.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 am) • Sage (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 am)

Post by Guest »

Treetrunk wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:07 am
Elijahgrowz wrote:
DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:07 am

It was only ten pounds Elijahgrowz lol
Yeah and that's cheap to some I still refuse to pay £20 for a pair of trousers or a tee shirt my brain is still stuck in the 90s for shopping for stuff
Same here mate. My lad bought trainers for £180 It took me a week to recover from shock.

£180!!!! Even i wouldn't spend that! 20 quid at the most I'd pay. Probably cost them 18 to make those trainers lol
Elijah Growz (Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am)

Post by Guest »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 am
Treetrunk wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:07 am
Elijahgrowz wrote:

Holy crap! I've had cars cheaper :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

Right, for the people who think refractometers are a tool which is not really useful, here:

A) If you have a fuzzy line, this is an indication that you have high levels of minerals and specifically Calcium. A clearly defined line shows low levels of minerals.

B) As the sun goes down (or lights off in many of our cases) the plant begins to release glucose in the chloroplasts, which we know as Exudates. The plant uses Boron to do this. If you have the same brix level at night as you previously did in the morning, or you do not see a reduction in these sugars, then this may be a sign of Boron deficiency.

C) Low Brix Levels=High Nitrate Levels

D) Sugar Content, obviously the primary purpose of the test in the 1st place. The higher the brix, the better the taste of your Cannabis and also the denser the buds will be, the better the Cannabis will cure too.

I've just measured my Banana blaze 3 weeks into flower (I think) at 15% with a lovely fuzzy line.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Yea man brix levels gives you a lot of information. I've had one a while and used them for years.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Guest (Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:56 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”