Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Filtration

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Donks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Filtration

Post by Donks »

So guys my last grow was a success but on entering my garage the smell was obvious so although i'm not in a position to grow atm i figure it's a good time to get my setup sorted....this is where you lot come in.
My tent is a homebox ambient R120.....120 x 90 x 180.
I am currently running a shitty dual speed 5" TT fan 187 m3/ph and a 5" buddy filter.
So after reading bulls post it will be a viper premium filter but the fan is where i need some guidance.
I was thinking of a 5" rvk L1 323 m3/ph or should i go bigger incase of any future upgrades? I can't afford to be buying a fan controller really. Any input would be appreciated.

MrMan
Respected Member

Re: Filtration

Post by MrMan »

hi mate i would get a 6" fan if you can either the 6" rvk l1 720m3/hr or the rhino 6" l1 760m3/hr (rhino do havee a twinspeed and 1 with a speed controller built in aswell)

“You’ll only die from cannabis if someone drops a 4kg block of it on you from a three-storey building.”

Last Diary

Kali Dog Areoponics Scrog

IF KEENO IS MENTORING YOU DO THE OPPOSITE THAT HE SAYS AND YOU'LL HAVE MONSTERS

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

It depends really buddy. If you can't afford controller now better stick to the fsn you got and get a filter to match..but if you want to go bigger you will need a controller buddy. And yes, I would definitely go for the Viper filters or the sponsors Phresh ones...through they are more expensive.
A 6"l1 rvk will suck the walls of your tent mate it is powerful that's why I am saying you need a controller. Mine is almost never running more than 50%.

Donks

Post by Donks »

I didn't add that due to noise i will be making a box to silence the fan noise so dual speed is out. My tt can be heard from outside but i know what i'm listening for. I don't really want to stick with my tt....so for what it would cost to make a box i could maybe scrape enough together for a phresh hyper but i wouldn't want that getting hidden in a box

Donks

Post by Donks »

MrMan wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:39 am
hi mate i would get a 6" fan if you can either the 6" rvk l1 720m3/hr or the rhino 6" l1 760m3/hr (rhino do havee a twinspeed and 1 with a speed controller built in aswell)

Haha mrman you've put a spanner in the works, i do like the 6" dual speed....turned down to 390 would work

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

You can make a box for pretty cheap mate...my 6 inch l1 was stuck in a card board full of loft insulation lol.

Donks

Post by Donks »

Maybe i should just go with the 5" then

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

Buddonkey wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 am
MrMan wrote:

Haha mrman you've put a spanner in the works, i do like the 6" dual speed....turned down to 390 would work
thee 6" dual speeeed is thee fan i currently use

Donks

Post by Donks »

MrMan wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 am
Buddonkey wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 am
MrMan wrote:

thee 6" dual speeeed is thee fan i currently use
What is it like for noise mm. Maybe i could wrap it in pollestyrene on the lower setting.

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

i have it on full speed and i barely hear it my air pumps are louder

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”