Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Post one photo of your plant/plants

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Post one photo of your plant/plants

Post by The Aspie Toker »

ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:47 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:44 am
Hi guys, this is my first grow, they're currently under 125w cfl, however have 700w cfl for flower. focusing on the 2 small pots which are 1 week old six shooter auto, will be going into 12l pots asap, currently feeding 1ml per l of bio grow, ph around 7

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Hi mate,

The two younger ones are stretching too much. You need to bring the light closer.
Will do thanks pal

No problem, mate.

Use the back of the hand test with your CFL. If it's okay on the back of the hand, then it's okay for the plant.

I do like CFLs, but they don't penetrate the plant.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

ched06
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ched06 »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:47 am
The Aspie Toker wrote: Hi mate,

The two younger ones are stretching too much. You need to bring the light closer.
Will do thanks pal

No problem, mate.

Use the back of the hand test with your CFL. If it's okay on the back of the hand, then it's okay for the plant.

I do like CFLs, but they don't penetrate the plant.
Will do mate ta, yea I have read this about cfl, but I don't know if I could control the temperature from a hid without then having issues with humidity, It's a 1m x 1m x 1.8h tent, what do u guys use to stabilize humidity and temp with hid's?, atm I'm using a 4 litre humidifier which I refill every 3 days lol

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:42 am
Will do mate ta, yea I have read this about cfl, but I don't know if I could control the temperature from a hid without then having issues with humidity, It's a 1m x 1m x 1.8h tent, what do u guys use to stabilize humidity and temp with hid's?, atm I'm using a 4 litre humidifier which I refill every 3 days lol
I don't use HIDS, but the way most people grow seedlings is to put a cut up plastic bottle over the top of the plant and spray the inside of the bottle. Basically, it's a mini cloche.

I use these and drill a few holes at the top (bottom of bowl)

If you start a diary, people will be able to help you more.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Humidifier is the best you can use to keep the humidity up buddy. With CFL you can get the plants really close to the light, as long as they are not touching it.
The autos I'd pot up as soon as possible as they prefer beeing in their final pots buddy.

ched06

Post by ched06 »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:42 am
I don't use HIDS, but the way most people grow seedlings is to put a cut up plastic bottle over the top of the plant and spray the inside of the bottle. Basically, it's a mini cloche.

I use these and drill a few holes at the top (bottom of bowl)

If you start a diary, people will be able to help you more.
I did wonder about that but wasn't sure if the plastic filtered the light you know, but now I know it works thanks mate

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 am
I did wonder about that but wasn't sure if the plastic filtered the light you know, but now I know it works thanks mate
If I were you, as you're using CFL is to cut the end off a 2 litre pop bottle as you'll be able to get the light closer to the plant than the bowls. I use LED where you need the light further away, so the bowls are ideal.

ched06

Post by ched06 »

Bulls wrote:Humidifier is the best you can use to keep the humidity up buddy. With CFL you can get the plants really close to the light, as long as they are not touching it.
The autos I'd pot up as soon as possible as they prefer beeing in their final pots buddy.
Ok great, thanks pal. Will lower the light when it's on so I can feel the temp etc,
yea I read that on here so I have some 12l pots coming with some stuff I've ordered should be here Tuesday

ched06

Post by ched06 »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 am
If I were you, as you're using CFL is to cut the end off a 2 litre pop bottle as you'll be able to get the light closer to the plant than the bowls. I use LED where you need the light further away, so the bowls are ideal.
Ok is this instead of using my humidifer or use together? thanks dude and also drill some holes into the bottle?

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am
Ok is this instead of using my humidifer or use together? thanks dude and also drill some holes into the bottle?
Instead of. You're making an environment within an environment. By spraying the inside of the pop bottle, you're raising the humidity within.

As for holes, it depends on if you're around your plants a lot. I never bother making holes in the pop bottles as I am here all the time, so I can check on them whenever I need to. You will need to "burp" them - that's taking the pop bottle off and allowing fresh air in there, then replace over the plant (you may need to spray the insides again)

If you're not around for hours/days at a time, then make a hole or two. I used a heated screwdriver to make holes, but that's me, I always do things differently to others.

ched06

Post by ched06 »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
ched06 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am
Instead of. You're making an environment within an environment. By spraying the inside of the pop bottle, you're raising the humidity within.

As for holes, it depends on if you're around your plants a lot. I never bother making holes in the pop bottles as I am here all the time, so I can check on them whenever I need to. You will need to "burp" them - that's taking the pop bottle off and allowing fresh air in there, then replace over the plant (you may need to spray the insides again)

If you're not around for hours/days at a time, then make a hole or two. I used a heated screwdriver to make holes, but that's me, I always do things differently to others.
Totally understand, I'm away from them for 10 hours a day so will pop a couple holes onto them, thanks tho pal

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”