Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Coronavirus

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Coronavirus

Post by The Aspie Toker »

IMO wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:11 am
I don’t have any lung issues I know of but I do know when I wear a mask you can’t breath as easy I don’t know what it is but it’s not pleasant to my mind it shouldn’t feel much different given the breath ability of the material but it does make it a good bit harder so I can see it being hard for someone with a lung problem
I have a COPD test every year, and every year it's worse than before. I am told I am a shallow breather, so not much air is taken in or out at a time. I can get dizzy if I have a coughing fit... almost passed out a couple of times and there wasn't a mask in sight.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Im completely sick of the government and the bs media with it. Truth is i never really see just how biased the news is until this virus. Im no doomsday preacher, no conspiracy guy but of late i cant of watch the news.

They were playing it all up in the beginning, the news anyway. When the government wanted lock down every chart and table that could be used to make its a real and scary was on every news channel. One in particular i was watching had whole segments explaining why the charts most were using were not displaying the real issue. Every story they could get from the poor people who had it was flaunted on there. It was made out to be as bad as it could be. They didnt want you to know about the old people dying in retirement homes, every 30 mins a new story was up on their news outlets.

Fast forward to now... The same news company is using the exact same chart to play it down, why? Because the government want everyone back out to work. I do not doubt that we need to fire the economy up, many have suffered with businesses failing or on the brink of doing so. They now are doing everything in their power to let us know that its old people dying, because they want everyone else to feel safe. They have a low number of deaths for a day or 2 and they are shouting it from the rooftops, death rate goes up.... quiet again.

Im not debating if this virus is as bad or not as bad different people are saying. Whats got my back up is the way they treat us like kids. Not even trying to conceal it anymore. Whats changed? We are still the highest death rate in Europe there is still no cure, not even a way to treat the symptoms. So whats actually changed? The government are under pressure to restart business and they are willing to risk lives to do so, thats whats changed. Kids are not getting ill, so lets cram them into small rooms, kids bring it home, we pass it around meeting as many a 6 people legally as of Monday, how many more dads, mums, nans, granddads will be infected.

Then they bring back football, boxing, intensive testing of course.... but i cant get tested unless i look like im ill, my kids cant be tested, but having football on the telly will let everyone think its gone back to normal so they can get tested, my nan with so many health issues cant be tested, my kids who they want surrounded by other kids cant get tested but its ok, lets make everyone think its ok.

My kids will not be returning to school, not until there is a way to at least treat this virus. Oh yeah thats right... Trump got ripped to pieces by the media for trying a drug thats not proven to actually do anything when the government wanted us all locked down, fast forward.. the same news reporters and presenters that were ripping him apart are now touting the same bullshit here. Every time ive had the news on its all im hearing. Theres a untested unproven drug they are allowing doctors to prescribe lol, why, coz it will make people feel safer.

I dont vote, not interested in politics, i have zero faith in anyone at the top or the two faced fools spouting shite on the news. No matter what happens we end up doing what they want. My life never changes, they bleed me dry, and we all just smile and nod.

Trump said something early on, blunt but honest. He said the US will have to accept a certain amount of deaths to save the economy. Harsh to hear but unfortunately true. Our 2 bob shllllaaaaags in government wont be honest, they will use pretty words and smile while drip feeding us ll the bollocks and the best bit, we buy it. We are about as backward as it comes on this way as a country, free? dont make me laugh. So i stick to my 4 walls and what goes on in them these days. Its all a joke and we just keep nodding and smiling like lost pups as they do what they want.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 am) • Elijah Growz (Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

I used to like shopping, but it's become a live version of pac-man now, minus the power pill.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Keeno (Fri May 29, 2020 11:28 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:27 am
I used to like shopping, but it's become a live version of pac-man now, minus the power pill.
Everywhere is a queue, everything is still heavily restricted when you actually look at it, but loads of kids in a class room gets people back to work so its all good, absolute joke. If they were so confident in these vaccines as early as September then why aren't we waiting? Do you honestly think they wouldn't wait for them if they thought they were coming, they wont be ready by then but us hearing it every 5 mins makes us feel safer. Same as the unproven untested medication the GP's are now handing out. Had enough if it.
The Aspie Toker (Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 am) • Elijah Growz (Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Keeno wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Everywhere is a queue, everything is still heavily restricted when you actually look at it, but loads of kids in a class room gets people back to work so its all good, absolute joke. If they were so confident in these vaccines as early as September then why aren't we waiting? Do you honestly think they wouldn't wait for them if they thought they were coming, they wont be ready by then but us hearing it every 5 mins makes us feel safer. Same as the unproven untested medication the GP's are now handing out. Had enough if it.
I doubt they'll find a vaccine or a cure. It's a virus that changes, similar to the flu in that you may have an injection that MAY help you for the possible virus version that is expected.

Why is it that you have to be 2 metres away from people in a supermarket, but only 1 metre away in a pub? Is this virus aware where it is when it wants to infect someone else?

Why will it be okay for 6 people to be together, but not 7 or 8? Can this virus count all of a sudden?
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Elijah Growz (Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:01 pm

You wanna see the queue outside the fishing tackle shop in Gloucester this morning Keeno! :lol:
I bet lol. What id do for a week at a lake atm. I knew a jammy git who fished most of lock down on a lake on his own, fecker was sending me updates regular :sad:
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Fri May 29, 2020 1:11 pm) • IMO (Fri May 29, 2020 3:13 pm) • Josh (Fri May 29, 2020 5:24 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:12 pm
Keeno wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:09 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:01 pm

You wanna see the queue outside the fishing tackle shop in Gloucester this morning Keeno! :lol:
I bet lol. What id do for a week at a lake atm. I knew a jammy git who fished most of lock down on a lake on his own, fecker was sending me updates regular :sad:
In this dystopian future we know it's going to be a nice weekend when the queue at the tackle shop is longer than the supermarket one! :lol:

Do you not fancy popping out and introducing the kids to lockdown fishing?
Been thinking about it but none of mine would enjoy it. If i took them all they be sword fighting with my rods while i hide in a bush crying. Kids are assholes man.
Marcus (Fri May 29, 2020 1:25 pm) • IMO (Fri May 29, 2020 3:14 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Keeno wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
I feel you man I don’t have any kids and my parents have passed, but I can imagine how it adds other levels of complexity to this situation. It’s hard to know what to do for the best, I prity much go about my business as usual if I want something from the shop I go but il go when there isn’t a queue if I can.
I think this 2meter rule is bullshit if someone coughs or sneezes within that range your gonna get some droplets it’s the speed that shit comes out.
I personally think that this was around since about last November and that a vast majority of people have already been exposed to it but that’s just my opinion I could be very wrong, aspie is right though there is no guaranteed protection this even a vaccine as viruses do adapt and change, so do we just go about our business and live life I guess it’s a personal choice I’m an introvert so staying away from a lot of people is easy for me.
Keeno man if you feel the best thing is to hunker down for abit and see how it develops then nothing wrong with that, if I had kids and a nan etc I’d probably do the same thing.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I also think that getting fresh air and sun if you can is very important for body and mind

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:27 am
Marcus wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:55 am
Beacause an excuse for not wearing one was breathing in your exhausted air... Which is bullshit. That's why I brought up lung volume as an example to cut through the crap.
Not Bullshit.
These were the type I was wearing...

You just proved my point dude, :lol: .

For example.

If the mask wasn't porous ,what volume of water would it hold... 200ml?
So say you stick your nose, mouth chin in it it'll be less than 100ml, so let's round up and say 100ml.
Again, for example, you have 50% lung capacity say 3L... you're breathing in up to 3.3% of your own waste air.

So proving that you are not purely breathing in waste air with a mask on and that number is nominal.

How many of those chemicals (nitrogen, co2 that were stated) are you breathing in when you smoke a joint? Asthma attack with every toke?

How many are you breathing in just travelling in the car... Seriously, google "what pollutants are inside motor vehicles" and you will poop your pants.

So please, I have no animosity towards anyone or any comment on here, I'm laughing my bollocks off at it.

My main issue is people screaming "RESPECT MY NEEDS... but i ain't gonna respect the rest of the populations" and then being dragged into quotes and hit with loads of falsehoods.

:oik!:

Take it easy folks.

Practice wearing a mask at home to get used to it if you want to go places that require them.

:bye:
I haven't proved your point. I don't think you have a point apart from you trying to wind people up. Sorry, mate, you're going to have to wait for someone else to come along to humour you, as it's pointless and we're going around in circles.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Fri May 29, 2020 2:49 pm) • IMO (Fri May 29, 2020 3:16 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”