Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Coronavirus

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Inactive account
Inactive Account

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Inactive account »

Glynne420 wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:See what I can’t get my head around is that i know a 5 yr old who’s got it and a dear grandfather of someone I know , both are recovering fine and not many ppl knew about it , yet a young nurse in our local hospital ( I know her auntie ) had flu symptoms got sent home , before we know it the men in white suits appear , cone and tape off the street , frightening the living day lights out of ppl to take swabs , now if that’s not setting panic into ppl wtf she was in shopping in Asda 2 days running no ones worried about that lol ..
Its weird isnt it Polly.... to be honest, this thing is a bit unprecedented and they dont seem to know how to deal with the situation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yea tbh hun my head don’t know which way to float being out everyday in it , I just don’t know what to think lol it’s like my friends and some family members we all carrying on as normal no choice to b locked up safe at home lol so we have to do positive thoughts
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Dex (Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :suicide:
Here's the story behind the pic...

An Australian astrophysicist has been admitted to hospital after getting four magnets stuck up his nose in an attempt to invent a device that stops people touching their faces during the coronavirus outbreak.

Dr Daniel Reardon, a research fellow at a Melbourne university, was building a necklace that sounds an alarm on facial contact, when the mishap occurred on Thursday night.

The 27 year-old astrophysicist, who studies pulsars and gravitational waves, said he was trying to liven up the boredom of self-isolation with the four powerful neodymium magnets.

Coronavirus vaccine: when will it be ready?
Read more
“I have some electronic equipment but really no experience or expertise in building circuits or things,” he told Guardian Australia.

“I had a part that detects magnetic fields. I thought that if I built a circuit that could detect the magnetic field, and we wore magnets on our wrists, then it could set off an alarm if you brought it too close to your face. A bit of boredom in isolation made me think of that.”

However, the academic realised the electronic part he had did the opposite – and would only complete a circuit when there was no magnetic field present.

“I accidentally invented a necklace that buzzes continuously unless you move your hand close to your face,” he said.

“After scrapping that idea, I was still a bit bored, playing with the magnets. It’s the same logic as clipping pegs to your ears – I clipped them to my earlobes and then clipped them to my nostril and things went downhill pretty quickly when I clipped the magnets to my other nostril.”
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 3):
GMO (Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:55 am) • Marcus (Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:45 am) • Dex (Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I don't think I've honestly expressed how I feel about the entire situation. I've been talking to quite a few people from different countries, Including the most affected in Europe - Italy and Spain. Up to that moment no one that I know or any of the friends I've spoken to don't know anyone that tested positive or died. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Yet few people I know, including children, were showing same symptoms as the "virus" but they been refused testing. Just stay at home!

Some people say they see lots of ambulances flying around. Well they are not much different than the ambulances you see daily from my observation. The difference is that now the roads are empty and it's so damn easy to spot an ambulance.

Roughly about 5 million people die all over the world every month. Yet the population is increasing. Now 30k people died in 3 months, with mostly other conditions, and everyone is shocked?

How the Chinese managed to cure 76,000 out of 81,000 affected? Yet other countries have so many deaths? Truth is they confessed that no matter what the person dies from, if he tests positive for CoVid19 he is classified as a victim of the virus.

I've read above in the replies that this is a unprecedented and we don't know how to act. Well it has happened before, many times. But it has never had the media coverage it has right now. 2 Days I didn't turn on my TV and didn't read any news. Life felt normal.

Just don't be muppets in a show . Don't be scared and believe everything you are told on TV. You will see, soon will be all over and forgotten. It will just leave scars in people and economics.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Dex (Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm)

weedabix

Post by weedabix »

I agree that people shouldn't panic but it does need to be taken seriously. You are right, most people who die would statistically die anyways within the next year. But there are some issues. 1. Some might not die 2. If they all die at the same time, it leads to the medical system break down.
1. Just an example: A friend of mine is on chemo for his cancer - he's 35 years old just had a daughter etc. it must be really scary right now - and if he contracts it chances are high that he is in trouble.
2. If(or rather when) the hospitals get overwhelmed, there is no space, no staff, no equipment to help those in need. For someone with cancer that means they won't get a bed on the ICU - simply because their chances are too low anyways. If people are scared enough not to see other people for a while, and everyone stays at home, the curve might be flattened enough not to run into those troubles. Unfortunately in the UK the steps weren't drastic enough and I anticipate that there will be issues.

I believe I have contracted the virus - I have a cough. Most people who are infected only show mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. But if you look at the numbers of the people who die and the numbers of the mortality rates in countries that test a lot (e.g. Germany and South Korea) you'll notice that a lot more people are most likely infected in e.g. the UK than the numbers might suggest. So the confirmed infections might seem low but the actual number is probably much higher. So let's say e.g. 400 people since yesterday died of the coronavirus, if you say that 1% of all infected people die (the actual number might be higher) and they usually die about 10 days after they contracted the virus (usually a bit longer) then you can say that 10 days ago probably 40000 people were infected. At the time (21/03) 5000 cases were confirmed by the NHS, so about 1/8th of the cases so according to this very quick and dirty back of the envelope calculation a minimum of 200,000 people are infected in the UK today. This is not a huge amount, but if you think that in 10 days 2000 of these people could die and you want to provide good care for them to possibly avoid the worst, you are running into trouble. The UK has 4000 beds in ICUs. So yes, a lot of the people who die are old and might have died soon anyways, but you don't want to have the situation where you have to decide to give up on someone simply because there are not enough resources available to get someone through it.

I don't want to imply that the government is trying to falsify numbers. But I do disagree with the UK's approach to not test a lot of people. Testing as many people as possible would make it easier to convey the serious situation.

I am not an expert, but all the people I know who are involved at the frontline or in research are much more drastic in their response. I don't think people should be panicking but I think it is serious, a lot of people will die when it starts to get into the thick of it and we will have to suffer the economical consequences for the years to come. Stay safe, don't eat magnets, play with the numbers and take care of yourself, your family, and your plants!
These users thanked the author weedabix for the post (total 3):
Bulls (Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:24 pm) • Marcus (Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:08 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Met Police arrest more than 650 suspects in week-long crackdown as coronavirus lockdown forces wanted criminals to stay at home.
Officers raided the houses of known offenders who would usually be out on the streets if it was not for the coronavirus pandemic.

Knife carriers, robbers and drug dealers were also targeted with stop and search, metal-detecting arches and 2,000 sweeps to find weapons hidden in parks and other public areas.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Dex (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:14 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

2011 be like child play compared to what all that can turn into
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
Dex (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:17 pm) • Marcus (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:35 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

So I just wondered. They say every person takes the virus differently. So for example, a person at his 30s, who had not been to the hospital for last 10 years because he feels healthy, has a condition he doesn't know about. He gets the virus and dies. He only gets tested for CoVid-19 and that's the conclusion - the virus caused his death. The person would never get checked and tested if he had any other conditions no-one knew about. What I am saying the chances of this person dying when he next gets pneumonia would be very high .

It's about 40k deaths and we are on a massive lockdown. But every year only in the USA 840,768 people die from heart attack. Yet, nobody has banned crap food, or stopped people from performing heavy work? Or even taken legal action against governments, banks and different associations that cause huge stress to people and they still continue to die from heart attack?

Does it mean we tolerate the death of heart attack but we don't the death of CoVid-19? How is it different? Death is death, no matter what's causing it. Why one cause of death should cause world panic but the other should carry on taking people's lives at higher rate than CoVid-10 and we should be ok with it?

p.s Because you're told to be afraid (Turn off your TVs)

p.s2 Heart Attack was just an example. There are many others causes of death to compare with.

That's just my point of view.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Dex (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:20 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am
Folks die from underlying health conditions everyday, respiratory rates are around 1,500 daily.
google says UK average daily deaths prior to the virus was 1400 per day
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 pm) • Dex (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

I watched something on the deaths in Italy, one boffin reckon that 3/4 of the deaths are down as corona deaths , even if u fall down stairs or have a car crash the smallest amount of corona in your system even though they were fit and healthy , it is recorded as a corona death now that’s not right surely , corruption again
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 pm) • Dex (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 pm) • GMO (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm)

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Its absaloutly mad for my sons whooping cough like symptoms were shrugged off as bad cough

Yet people barely coughing are dying from sars caused by covid lol

Its like saying i seen the earths curveture lol
These users thanked the author Dex for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:44 pm) • GMO (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”