Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Discussion - Nutrient schedules and regimes

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Discussion - Nutrient schedules and regimes

Post by seymore_budz »

Awesome, cheers @2-Scoops. It's about 80% complete as a prototype. Just need to figure out a reasonable algorithm for adjusting the feed when things are out of band. I've done a little research around how VPD affects nuteient uptake. Anecdotally, people have been suggesting it's makes quite a but of a change, but reading through some reseach that was done on several different crops, there was either minimal or no change in requirements if you're growing NFT or Aeroponics. If growing within a substrate, then a small drop compensate for the lack of uptake. For VPD, I think if I test the value against a range based on the age of the plant and and dilute the total up to 5% depending on how far the grower is out of range. I'd like to also add adjustments for different DLI and CO2 ratings as it seems as if the light and CO2 levels affects uptake considerably more. I'm thinking a wider band of 20% depending on those parameters.

I need to add the products too. Currently there is only the products I use ad I'm still tinkering. I have about 20 recipes taken from some standard recipes that exist online and one that I've created from the research carried out by several universities based on Cannabis. There's also some fun ones like the Lucas formula.

I'm having fun tinkering. I'm about to run a full grow using the prototype. I'll run a diary and document things so you can see it in action.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:21 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Discussion - Nutrient schedules and regimes

Post by seymore_budz »

I've probably butchered the math, but here's a quick and dirty version of the VPD adjustment. If the VPD is out of range, it will calculate the max and min values and adjust between 0 and 5% based on how out of range the user is.

If the canopy temperature isn't known, then it's assumed that the canopy temperature is delta-2.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”