Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Anyone using anything to simulate stress while Flowering?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
duke
Respected Member

Re: Anyone using anything to simulate stress while Flowering?

Post by duke »

i march up and down shouting "grow mofo or i get the shears out" or double up the ph down 3.5 ph causes all manner off stress,mostly for me!
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:28 pm) • seymore_budz (Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:42 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:56 pm
Just reading what yourself and Marcus are on about and i saw hydrolysed whey protein mentioned. Out of interest that's prolly backbone and main ingredient that's used in boosts like big bud and overdrive etc, obviously not in PK boosts. You can buy shit loads of the powdered stuff in big tubs as well, i would think theirs a lifetime supply of boosts for growers in one of those big round tubs at a fraction cost of the stuff in bottles, you know the stuff bodybuilders use. The only downside i see with using this stuff from what ive read is it doesn't stand for weeks on end in a mix, so if making a mix up it needs using up pretty quickly. Obviously i would think they add parabens into the bottled stuff to extend its shelf life so it stands and doesn't go off and all that typo shit.
I think @GMO was feeding his plants some bodybuilder's protein stuff. Might have been hemp though.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
GMO (Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:35 pm) • seymore_budz (Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:12 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Yeah my experience is with hemp protein as an early nitrogen and enzyme boost. I think different aim than 2scoops is after

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:37 pm) • seymore_budz (Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:12 pm) • duke (Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:18 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Thanks all!

@2-Scoops I've actually used Halo previously too! I totally forgot about it also. I don't think it made much of a difference last time I used it. Think I got a bunch of tester sachets at some event I was at.

As for whey protein being the backbone of flowering boosters; you're probably right TBH. I know a lot of the growth boosters are cold press seaweed and humic/fulvic acid. From what I've been reading recently, it would seem that fulvic acid can actually reduce secondary metabolites by boosting uptake and making the plants "lazy". I'm not going to run any fulvic after the third week in flower this time, but substitute with Bud Factor X. Not going to adjust P or K levels either.

@duke what doesn't kill them makes them stronger right? :)

@GMO yes, I think that's a slightly different thing. I'm guessing you're amending soil with hemp protein to increase N and add some goodies?
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
duke (Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:17 pm) • GMO (Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:35 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:06 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Neem
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post:
seymore_budz (Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:44 am)
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Yeah I use hemp seed heart powder in my starting soil as in my head I'm just giving them extra of what they have for getting started

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Sage (Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:48 pm) • seymore_budz (Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:44 am)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

GMO wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:37 pm
Yeah I use hemp seed heart powder in my starting soil as in my head I'm just giving them extra of what they have for getting started

:soil: .......... WB :thanks:
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post:
GMO (Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:13 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”