Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

I thought this was great

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
IMO
Known User

I thought this was great

Post by IMO »

Video by Harley smith, he mentions how when soaking seeds adding a little humic and kelp extract 5:2 ratio I think he said, increases germination by 30/40% especially in older seeds, talks about cloning as well i though the info was well worth a share.

https://youtu.be/1A3kKWW9ULQ?si=_goX4DhfgNpUNeHC
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
Sage (Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:00 am) • seymore_budz (Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:28 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: I thought this was great

Post by seymore_budz »

Not watched the video but I've been using Nitrozyme for years while germinating seeds. Not sure if it improves anything or not as healthy seeds germinate 99% of the time even in the most adverse conditions, but I feel like it helps a little :) More on those older packs that need a little help taking on water. That being said, hydrogen peroxide seems to make the biggest difference from my experience . A 1% solution can speed things up significantly. I'm talking 99% out of the ground in under 48 hours!

I was reading something recently about clipping the end of old seeds to help them take on water and speed up germination speeds. Not sure if that's practical based on the size of cannabis seeds but it would be a great experiment if I had lots of spare seed :) I know scarification can help and has a similar mode of action to clipping.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I tried the 3% hydrogen peroxide soak and had very rapid sprouting. I used some Recharge on the paper towel I soaked in after. I thought if the peroxide kills a lot of stuff then lets make sure good stuff fills that void. Pure Bro-science.
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post:
seymore_budz (Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:47 pm)
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Grumpy Toad wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:46 pm
I tried the 3% hydrogen peroxide soak and had very rapid sprouting. I used some Recharge on the paper towel I soaked in after. I thought if the peroxide kills a lot of stuff then lets make sure good stuff fills that void. Pure Bro-science.
Real science my friend :) The peroxide helps the water penetrate the seeds shell and the magic can happen faster. I suspect the kelp acts as a wetting agent and has a similar effect.

It's all about the penetration ;)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”