Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dark cycle before chopping

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Re: Dark cycle before chopping

Post by JJ »

:Stoned: Long ago I heard of the dry peroid....the plants will make more resin so it doesn't dry out...I think it would have to be week or 3 to work...what ever
:pee:
I have done yhe dark also ..a couple days ..4 by acciden once...same around about bro science
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
Greenfingers (Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:12 pm)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

I compare the whole extended dark before chop in the same category of "apple cider vinegar helps you lose weight". Good in theory... But there's almost no significant studies with proven correlation. Are you really going to do it every single grow if you run a perpetual setup.

But hey the placebo effect of dark before chop might convince your mind your dope smokes better, so you got that going for you if you decide to adopt the practice.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 3):
HGOG (Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:54 am) • Greenfingers (Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:18 am) • Keeno (Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:12 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:29 am
I compare the whole extended dark before chop in the same category of "apple cider vinegar helps you lose weight". Good in theory... But there's almost no significant studies with proven correlation. Are you really going to do it every single grow if you run a perpetual setup.

But hey the placebo effect of dark before chop might convince your mind your dope smokes better, so you got that going for you if you decide to adopt the practice.
Exactly what he said...the best I've heard yet
Thanks
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:19 am) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:01 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Plants grow more during the dark period than the light period... compare a vegging plant on 24/0 to a 14/10 one.

The 24/0 will be short as shit and the 14/10 will have a lot more height on it. They appear to make more cellular mass in the dark period.

They don't sleep at night, they gotta be using sugars built up from during the day and keep on keeping on.

I need to do a bit of reading on this, I'm interested.

Anyway, back to potency and a quick google and the 1st hit is this. and some basic lab test results..

https://www.growweedeasy.com/does-a-3-d ... crease-thc

"Before 3-day dark period: 18.4% THC average
Pacific Punch: 19.8% THC
Runtz: 16.9% THC

After 3-day dark period: 19.7% THC average
Pacific Punch: 21.9% THC
Runtz: 17.6% THC"

I'd be interested to see some proper side by side tests before I dismiss the idea.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:40 am) • fabi420 (Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:07 am) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:01 am) • Greenfingers (Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:13 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:32 pm
@2-Scoops do you remember when Swilly over on the circle, left his lights off for 5 days being a pissed up fool?

I swear that was the chunkiest auto I've ever seen. Can't seem to find the pics.

But, from that I think we worked out that a dark period does them no harm, might possibly get them to use up their reserves, seeing as they can;t photysyntheiser and make their grub during the dark period.

Like us humans when we fast, we use up our fat stores when the carbs run out.

:idn:
Yes i remember that only too well mate. Think he broke his arm in doing so as well :lol:
Plants grow more during the dark period than the light period... compare a vegging plant on 24/0 to a 14/10 one.
Deeks just left his plants recently for a week whilst he went on his hols, he came back and said they had grown quite a bit.

Iff i remember rightly when I've done in past many moons ago at end of my grows i didn't notice any sizable difference with buds tbh and thought it a load of shit. But the Groweedeasy different resin tests you added up is really interesting for sure. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Marcus (Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:56 pm) • Keeno (Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:12 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:49 pm) • Greenfingers (Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:13 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”