Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Custom tent poles?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Vador
Known User

Custom tent poles?

Post by Vador »

Anyone had any experience with custom made tent poles? Either home made or manufactured for you in the uk.

Ive got a very specific area that i need to build a tent for but need just the poles.
Thinking of making something out of ali box section bolted together but would rather nice round tent poles that lock together with some of them little push buttons or something.

Any ideas?
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Keeno (Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:25 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Custom tent poles?

Post by Keeno »

Vador wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:26 pm
Anyone had any experience with custom made tent poles? Either home made or manufactured for you in the uk.

Ive got a very specific area that i need to build a tent for but need just the poles.
Thinking of making something out of ali box section bolted together but would rather nice round tent poles that lock together with some of them little push buttons or something.

Any ideas?
Local blacksmith if you can find one. Ive had all sorts made from then.

Is a actual room build sm option if you can't find them?

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

What ive got in my head so far is some sort of fold down thing that is fixed to one wall and hinges up out of the way when not needed, then it has a curtain rail that hangs all around the edge, then just use a mylar curtain that hangs down to the floor.
best way i can think so far is a sheet of ply fixed to the wall on a hinge at the back wall, the ply sticks out somewhere between 600mm to 1m off the wall and can be lifted up and pushes flat against the wall.
Instead of legs have chains that come down from the ceiling and support the two front corners.
The two front corners need to have nice round radiuses so the curtain rail follows round it nicely
Something like this that fits around the edge of the ply wood

Can make it out of ply easy enough but id like to use poles, best way so far i can think is to build a ring roller and try bending some tubes and make sort of like a shower curtain rail thats hinged on the back wall.
Come to think of it i think you can pack tubes with sand and bend them that way too, maybe even cooper pipe might be the way to go, it needs to support two v bars and thats it so no weight really
biosynthetic (Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:29 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

This is what itll look like from the top, like a shower curtain with two lights hanging in it

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

When the flower room is done i can fold that up and hang the plants in that space to dry you see

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I've got a 8 x 4 folding quick qube frame here. Build to hold weight and very light aluminium construction. That type of design could work as it foldsvery small and from many different angles.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Vador (Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:50 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/inflatabl ... R-p-324761 ????????

At least there'll be some pumping going on in that bedroom when it's needed. :morning:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
camkush (Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:25 pm) • Vador (Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:50 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:04 pm
I've got a 8 x 4 folding quick qube frame here. Build to hold weight and very light aluminium construction. That type of design could work as it foldsvery small and from many different angles.
Just looked them up, i think i want one of them for my next flower room when the time arrives, great idea, a little bit too big and bulky for what im trying to achieve with this though unfortunately.
I want it flush against the wall when not in use, when needed just pull it down and shut the curtain, built in two seconds no assembly required.

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/inflatabl ... R-p-324761 ????????

At least there'll be some pumping going on in that bedroom when it's needed. :morning:
Im not sure about that tbh, the last inflatable i bought looked nothing like it did on the box. Can definitely see there being some rigidity issues, it needs to be rock solid, cant have it all floppy and drooping, need to be able to hang a light off it.
The tent frame needs to be somewhat rigid as well
Marcus (Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:51 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Ive just learned theres a thing called a wire spring bender that lets you bend tubes by hand, sounds like it should be just what im after

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”