Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Easy way to pop seeds

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
TerpBurglar

Easy way to pop seeds

Post by TerpBurglar »

ImageImageImagemedium[/img][/url]
After listening to a hangout the other week, I can't believe how many of you guys are still using the old hit and miss methods of popping beans. Since changing to coco plugs I've had 100% success rate and only 1 has popped up with the helmet on. All I do is burry then about 1cm deep in the pre hydrated plug and put that in the humidity dome until I see leaves then I plug the plug into the pot of soil and they are healthy as. I used to have problems with stunted seedlings and many would turn moldy and stuff but this way they are coming up super healthy and getting a head start. I think the paper towel method is totally obsolete after using these things and way more work. ๐Ÿ™‚โœŒ

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Hmr81

Re: Easy way to pop seeds

Post by Hmr81 »

i think in five years ive only had one seed not pop using paper towel method, typically i only pop one at a time anyway so wouldnt call it hit and miss lol.

Cool method though.
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

Hmr81 wrote: โ†‘
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:53 pm
i think in five years ive only had one seed not pop using paper towel method, typically i only pop one at a time anyway so wouldnt call it hit and miss lol.

Cool method though.
It's definitely hit and miss when I do it anyway lol. It's more when I go from the paper towel to the soil that things go wrong for me. The coco plug gives it such an easy smooth start, especially with auto where any problems can really stunt them

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Imagine going the whole hog growing in coco and watching the stuff work its magic on those plants from start to finish hey @TerpBurglar
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

I do the same with root riot sponges.
Seed in and add 5ml of water and jobs a good un.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

definitely a great way to start seeds. If i remember rightly the convo on the hangout was about putting seeding into some kind of media and having less than 100% germination which could potentially lead to wasting a rooting cube/coco jiffy/ starter pot/ final pot (for autos) and maybe most importantly space. Most of these can be reused later on anyway besides your time

I think the conclusion of the discussion (on the hangout atleast) was that most of us liked to know how many plants we have by leaving seeds in wet towel longer than most

Fully agree that most of the plants fuck up on potting up and there are a few things ya can do to help this. Mycorrhizal on the tap root and or in the planting hole, pre moistened media warmed and warm water for lightly watering in the seedling help tremendously

P.S

I also love to do it this way so i can say im "pricking out". makes me chuckle every time
โ€œIf you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.โ€ -Albert Einstein

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

Yes that was the episode. I'm pricking out right now dude lol.
The coco plug is just so forgiving and hard to over water. I feel like these seedlings are on roids compared to all the ones I've ever started without. I think this should be the standard way to do it. Not to sound like a total grow nazi lol, but I'm that confident in this method. People must think "look at this noob drifter coming in to our forum telling us how to grow" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I promise I'm not like that at all, I'm just super excited that I'm not murdering seedlings any more and want to share the knowledge.
Fuck coco though in general, worms for the wim ๐Ÿ˜‚โœŒ

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

2-Scoops wrote: โ†‘
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:19 pm
Imagine going the whole hog growing in coco and watching the stuff work its magic on those plants from start to finish hey @TerpBurglar
It's definitely effective but I like using natural shit and I don't want to mess around with ec and ph. I certainly see why you like coco though ๐Ÿ™‚โœŒ

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Very cool thank you so much for sharing your method with us ๐Ÿ™Œlove that everyone has there own way
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I agree on the transfer issue...I'm starting next auto grow in the Peat pellets after a slight soak...we will see

Return to โ€œGeneral Growers & Cannabis Discussionโ€