Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Easy way to pop seeds

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Re: Easy way to pop seeds

Post by camkush »

TerpBurglar wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:25 am
camkush wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:16 pm
I do enjoy seeing people botch the seed start from time to time myself :)
Nothing wrong with the classic method you got, or the paper towel imo. I've gotten so lazy I now leave the seeds in water until they sprout... People say it will cause dormancy leaving the seed completely in water, or will begin to rot and ferment. I however have had 100% since doing so. I can't recall any of my seeds in the last few years that didn't pop through the water then paper towel method, but i had gotten tired of doing that and wanted to cut a step out. I've even read where they HAVE to get oxygen to pop and being under water doesn't allow that.. eh it's lies!! Honestly was going to bring this up soon on podcast to see peoples thoughts on this. Thanks for the fun topic, and glad you enjoy the podcast pal!
I've got to agree with you there mate. I've left them in a cup of water for 3 days and never had problems. Same with the paper towel/coffee filter method too. My problems are always once I put it into the big pot with autos. The little coco puck makes that stage seamless.
Nice to speak to you anyway dude, I've listened to you for hours and hours over the last couple of months and you have some awesome stories and points of view. Not to sound like too much of a kiss arse but you and GMO almost got me starstruck lol. Momma bear, TAO, me old flower, Keeno, invisible sun, Raptor are awesome too, even Kbag 😄
Fair play mate. Uhh ohh if you agree with 1/3 of my POV you are probably trouble haha. I’m glad you enjoy the podcast. I’m just honored they still let me on to spend time with them. These folks have become my family and some of my closest friends even though they are a few thousand miles away. Everyone you named besides me the real heroes and legends.
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

The Daze
Known User

Post by The Daze »

I’ve been using two cotton pads lightly misted with distilled water in a ziplock bag and usually sprouts within 24-48 hours.

I have lost MANY a seed trying various germination methods and techniques…

So far this one method yields success each sprout 🌱 ….
✨✨✨🌱🌱🌻💛🌻🌱🌱✨✨✨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

🌈💚🌻🌱🌈

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

camkush wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:14 pm
TerpBurglar wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:25 am
camkush wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:16 pm
I do enjoy seeing people botch the seed start from time to time myself :)
Nothing wrong with the classic method you got, or the paper towel imo. I've gotten so lazy I now leave the seeds in water until they sprout... People say it will cause dormancy leaving the seed completely in water, or will begin to rot and ferment. I however have had 100% since doing so. I can't recall any of my seeds in the last few years that didn't pop through the water then paper towel method, but i had gotten tired of doing that and wanted to cut a step out. I've even read where they HAVE to get oxygen to pop and being under water doesn't allow that.. eh it's lies!! Honestly was going to bring this up soon on podcast to see peoples thoughts on this. Thanks for the fun topic, and glad you enjoy the podcast pal!
I've got to agree with you there mate. I've left them in a cup of water for 3 days and never had problems. Same with the paper towel/coffee filter method too. My problems are always once I put it into the big pot with autos. The little coco puck makes that stage seamless.
Nice to speak to you anyway dude, I've listened to you for hours and hours over the last couple of months and you have some awesome stories and points of view. Not to sound like too much of a kiss arse but you and GMO almost got me starstruck lol. Momma bear, TAO, me old flower, Keeno, invisible sun, Raptor are awesome too, even Kbag 😄
Fair play mate. Uhh ohh if you agree with 1/3 of my POV you are probably trouble haha. I’m glad you enjoy the podcast. I’m just honored they still let me on to spend time with them. These folks have become my family and some of my closest friends even though they are a few thousand miles away. Everyone you named besides me the real heroes and legends.
Lol, na don't sell yourself short man. That's awesome to hear, they all seem like such good dudes and lady 😊

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”