Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Humidity control help

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
grownnotflown420

Humidity control help

Post by grownnotflown420 »

Morning growers

I’m having real trouble controlling my RH during flower.

I’m in a 2ft x 4ft x 6ft tent with constant extraction, temperature is a constant 25c day and 18-20c night. With day RH being around 70% and night time climbing towards 75% somedays!! It’s currently wet cool and miserable season which doesn’t help at all.

I have 3 x 15L pots of coco all kept near 100% saturation, I presume this is where most of the humidity is from lol

I have a dehumidifier on the floor of the tent that on paper is capable of removing 700ml of water per day but this seems to be doing bugger all lol!!!

I’m reluctant to run my AC as 1. I’ve removed the ducting and put it away for winter and 2. Fucking electric bills are a joke hahaha!!!

Could anyone please offer any assistance?!

Pic for reference of setup:
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Hmr81

Re: Humidity control help

Post by Hmr81 »

the dehumid isn't pulling anything out of the air? that sounds a bit odd. any settings on it you can change?
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

Hmr81 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:47 am
the dehumid isn't pulling anything out of the air? that sounds a bit odd. any settings on it you can change?
I think the issue may be the extraction pulling in air from the room the tent is in quicker than the dehumidifier can dehumidify lol! It is filling up with water so it’s doing something lol
But it only has an on/off button nothing else

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

coul dyou slow the extraction down a touch and give it a chance?

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Im having similar problems this year, rh is through the roof and been hitting 99% and dehumidifier only gets it down to 60%
Best way ive found is to have the dehumidifier outside of the tent so its drying the room out, i then run a bit of ducting that sits above the vent on the dehumidifier and then runs into the bottom of the tent.
This way the dehumidifier is split in two and dries inside and outside the tent.
If you use a plastic container you can use it as a manifold to hold the ducting in place.
Ill get you a photo in a minute so you can see what im on about
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Here you go like this, its the only way i can keep it stable

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:38 pm
Hmr81 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:47 am
I think the issue may be the extraction pulling in air from the room the tent is in quicker than the dehumidifier can dehumidify lol! It is filling up with water so it’s doing something lol
But it only has an on/off button nothing else
That`s not ideal and this ^^ is why its constantly high. Try raising your temps a bit, doing this should help lower rh a little try 27c. 8-)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I had major humidity issues and ended up exhausting my tent to outdoors. I also added a dehumidifier that I run in my lung room. The third piece that helped was the AC Infinity exhaust fan and controller. It is great to have the fan speed ramp up and down as needed. This has made the RH manageable for me.
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Vador wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:11 pm
Im having similar problems this year, rh is through the roof and been hitting 99% and dehumidifier only gets it down to 60%
Best way ive found is to have the dehumidifier outside of the tent so its drying the room out, i then run a bit of ducting that sits above the vent on the dehumidifier and then runs into the bottom of the tent.
This way the dehumidifier is split in two and dries inside and outside the tent.
If you use a plastic container you can use it as a manifold to hold the ducting in place.
Ill get you a photo in a minute so you can see what im on about
I do it this way also,,drier going in..,if the room around is high rh you can't get get a small enclosed space lower unless it's drawing outside air which is rh variable also imo

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I ditched the LEDs and went back to CMH... No need for any dehumidifier or heater now.

LEDs at 240w + heater 500w + dehumidifier 300W = 315w CMH... :idn:

I would say you need a bigger dehumidifier, try something like this. https://www.diy.com/departments/blyss-1 ... 316_BQ.prd

My 16L would be full and need emptying daily, your 700ml is probably just cutting out when full then doing nothing of use after that.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”