Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Banana skins

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Vador
Known User

Re: Banana skins

Post by Vador »

My nan used to put banana peel and egg shells all round her garden, oh and teabags. She had a nice garden.
Banana skin is full of potassium and phosphorus i think so makes sense that it would be a good source of feed.
Trouble putting it in whole like she did isn’t soo great for an indoor garden i suspect, risk of mold.
Perhaps if you could use a dehydrator or something you might be able to dry one out and turn it to powder, might be a good way to use it perhaps?
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Dex wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:07 pm
Greenfingers wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Maybe better if dried and broken up into small pieces?

cheers all, I'll have a play
I would do it resh buddy rather than dry. Just a thought because it would ferment better fresh than dry

Please keep me posted on how you get on buddy I'm am seriously interested...

Are you gonna do it in just water or are you making lab ?
I've got a few things going on at the moment so ive added it to see whats what, Ive even remembered to make notes :wtf: :oik!:

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

dried and powdered banana peel works great for a lazy top dress

fresh chopped banana can be added to plant pots just under the surface of the soil to help mitigate pest pressure as they release ethylene (i think thats the one) which either plants or pests react with an ethylene response which bothers the pest

soak fresh peel in warm water for a liquid fert (the longer soaked the stronger the liquid)

im sure there are many other ways to use em too
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Greenfingers wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:39 pm
Dex wrote:
Greenfingers wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Maybe better if dried and broken up into small pieces?

cheers all, I'll have a play
I would do it resh buddy rather than dry. Just a thought because it would ferment better fresh than dry

I've got a few things going on at the moment so ive added it to see whats what, Ive even remembered to make notes :wtf: :oik!:
Is the notes on here ? I'll have to search about if so I been a ghost for about two years so j missed allot on here

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

GMO wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:02 pm

fresh chopped banana can be added to plant pots just under the surface of the soil to help mitigate pest pressure as they release ethylene (i think thats the one) which either plants or pests react with an ethylene response which bothers the pest

soak fresh peel in warm water for a liquid fert (the longer soaked the stronger the liquid)

Thanks for that little tip there every time I use molasses or molasses notes like plagron ones j have at moment I seem to get allot of gnats god knows where from but they are there always with molasses related stuff... soo I buy kids banana and I will throw some skins next time

Do you have a thread of doing these things?

Thanks broski

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Dex wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:33 am
Greenfingers wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:39 pm
Dex wrote:

Is the notes on here ? I'll have to search about if so I been a ghost for about two years so j missed allot on here
The notes are in my shed while I see what works for my soil.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Dex wrote:
GMO wrote:

Thanks for that little tip there every time I use molasses or molasses notes like plagron ones j have at moment I seem to get allot of gnats god knows where from but they are there always with molasses related stuff... soo I buy kids banana and I will throw some skins next time

Thanks broski
This wont work for gnats sorry, the gnats will just feed on the banana peel. This is more for aphids tbh

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Interesting post and replies thanks guys 👍

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

GMO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:08 pm
Dex wrote:
GMO wrote:

Thanks broski
This wont work for gnats sorry, the gnats will just feed on the banana peel. This is more for aphids tbh

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

Lol silly me but at least i know if I do get em :D

Are aphids the ones that drink the sapp?

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”