Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Biobizz???

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Tom1974

Biobizz???

Post by Tom1974 »

Morning guys

Getting my tent set up ready for my next run and been down the shop to grab my canna coco and he literally only had a pallet of the stuff and hardly selling it much these days

I said well what are all those pallets back there…..

Biobizz he said, I’ve got lads from all over coming for this stuff

Got me thinking the small circle I am in with people to talk to about this kind of hobby are all in soil of some kind (organic)

I’m literally the only one in coco

I know everyone says if you run into trouble with coco it is much easier to resolve but surely soil can’t be that tricky?

He said the lads are getting much better yields too that are in this BioBizz

Thoughts please everyone and cheers!!!

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Biobizz???

Post by 2-Scoops »

If your gonna use soil and use Organic bottled ferts I'd prolly go for Plant Magic > Oldtimers which is a British made fert made for our waters unlike Biob-bizz which is more Dutch. The bottled organic stuff is ok but ive never used it. Juat dont fall for spiel thinking your growing nice and safe or whatever else like lovely tasting bud etc cus the bottled stuff is usually full of parabens for added shelf life.

Coco done rightly will usually give ya bigger plants and more yield than dirt imo. Theirs nowt to say you cant use these type of ferts in coco either, you may need to use other things to help it along like some sort of zyme product but yes nothing saying you cant go organic with these typo ferts. Never done it like.
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Tom1974 (Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:00 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

2-Scoops wrote:If your gonna use soil and use Organic bottled ferts I'd prolly go for Plant Magic > Oldtimers which is a British made fert made for our waters unlike Biob-bizz which is more Dutch. The bottled organic stuff is ok but ive never used it. Juat dont fall for spiel thinking your growing organic, nice and safe, lovely tasting bud etc cus the bottled stuff is usually full of parabens for added shelf life.

Coco done rightly will usually give ya bigger plants and more yield than dirt imo. Theirs nowt to say you cant use these type of ferts in coco either, you may need to use other things to help it along like some sort of zyme product but yes nothing saying you cant go organic with these typo ferts. Never done it like.
Thanks man, I was thinking of switching to soil
not specially the Biobizz but I used to get some cracking results in soil.

I’m doing away with canna nutes also and going over to some stuff called “Growers Ark”

Will ring them up later and see if this is ok to use in soil as the lad who’s having great results with this brand of nutes is in coco

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes ive used Growers Ark many times over the years its good fert and its made just up our rd. That said ive used a good few different salt base A&B ferts over the years and i always go back to Canna A&B cus its usually cheapest, but they all do you a same job no difference in end results hence why i buy cheapest A&B cus its all same stuff available to plant to take up through roots from the off and most if not all will do ya a similar jobby ime.

Although I've never used organic bottled ferts i would say its a little different choosing right one than salt based ferts and right brand can go along way, but from what i seen online in past peeps seem to get more woes and ways using bio-bizz than Oldtimers growing in UK usually from lack of N.
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

2-Scoops wrote:Yes ive used Growers Ark many times over the years its good fert and its made just up our rd. That said ive used a good few different salt base A&B ferts over the years and i always go back to Canna A&B cus its usually cheapest, but they all do you a same job no difference in end results hence why i buy cheapest A&B cus its all same stuff available to plant to take up through roots from the off and most if not all will do ya a similar jobby ime.

Although I've never used organic bottled ferts i would say its a little different choosing right one than salt based ferts and right brand can go along way, but from what i seen online in past peeps seem to get more woes and ways using bio-bizz than Oldtimers growing in UK usually from lack of N.
As helpful as always cheers mate

I just been hearing that a certain ingredient has been removed from a canna product due to legality issues in the uk and many people/owners are in agreement of folk getting less yields with years experience and not changing anything at all even the recipe

Few moved to this growers ark stuff and raving about it, PH all done for you the lot apparently

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Will ring them up later and see if this is ok to use in soil as the lad who’s having great results with this brand of nutes is in coco
Im sure they gonna sell soil base ferts, but anyhow you wont have any problems using any hydro/coco salt base ferts in soil even the Canna stuff you have left, they have everything and more for any soil grow, i would say its a little different using soil base ferts in hydro they may lack a little extra this and that like micro nutrients, although I've still seen decent grows done in coco using soil base ferts, i think Marcus has or is using miracle grow in coco and doing well. Their was a guy on old site i used only used cheap poundland coco and Wilko soil base ferts did alright too but he always got odd deficiency now and then if memory serves me rightly. Theirs another i know from old place i think its phostrogen dry ferts she uses in coco too. Growers Ark and Vitalink are two top fert brands made in UK as is Canna, those are 3 i usually chop and change around depends on pricing and whats cheapest down shop when i go
Tom1974 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:33 pm
just been hearing that a certain ingredient has been removed from a canna product due to legality issues in the uk and many people/owners are in agreement of folk getting less yields with years experience and not changing anything at all even the recipe
Maybe a bit of bro science going down their although im not totally sure if i was a betting man id say thats a load of shit cus all that tends to be in base ferts are micro and macro nutrients and nothing dodgy, unlike many boosts which can have some real dodgy and nasty ingredients that can and are known to cause aggressive type tumors on soft organs if ingested, well from what ive read and looked into online a wee bit, but i dont see these boosts that carry those typo ingredients being banned for weed growers, Remember this market is sort of unregulated to start with here in UK cus growing weed is illegal. .
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

I thought it screamed bro science at first as well
Mate

I do think it was the canna boost in question and he said the ingredient that’s had to be removed is due to UK laws and people using it for stuff other than cannabis were at risk

Since the removal of it many many customers have seen a decline in yields and switches to sumo/shogun or something

I’ve been offered a great deal on some
Growers ark stuff so debating it myself now

Cheers

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Tom1974 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:48 pm
I thought it screamed bro science at first as well
Mate

I do think it was the canna boost in question and he said the ingredient that’s had to be removed is due to UK laws and people using it for stuff other than cannabis were at risk

Since the removal of it many many customers have seen a decline in yields and switches to sumo/shogun or something

I’ve been offered a great deal on some
Growers ark stuff so debating it myself now

Cheers
You wont go wrong with Growers Ark although its a bit smelly well i think its the B that proper stinks and is really dark stuff compared to others ive used, still worked great. Remember those guys in shops are gonna push owt on you cheap if they got a great deal or shit loads of it round back.

The Canna boost contained PGR`s which is a debatable subject as to what types are safe and not safe but its generally taken that naturally occurring PGR`s in plants are generally safe to use in boosts and aren`t known for causing any nasty diseases like synthetic PGR`s which are mainly used in flowering game not for edibles or weed but you can still see them being used in certain boosts. End of shift its triacontanol and i also think but im not totally sure it contains gibberellins in Cannas boost which are took as safe and not known to cause any nasties in humans and which are used in lots of other similar boosts, i use triacontanol myself but gibberellic acid im too scared to use cus too much of that stuff can turn my weed plant into a man if over done.

Greenthirteen

Post by Greenthirteen »

I used Biobizz media and bottles for ten years before moving to soil. It’s awesome stuff but hella expensive. Easy to use and follow, I do kinda love it.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Tom1974 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:33 pm
2-Scoops wrote:Yes ive used Growers Ark many times over the years its good fert and its made just up our rd. That said ive used a good few different salt base A&B ferts over the years and i always go back to Canna A&B cus its usually cheapest, but they all do you a same job no difference in end results hence why i buy cheapest A&B cus its all same stuff available to plant to take up through roots from the off and most if not all will do ya a similar jobby ime.

As helpful as always cheers mate

I just been hearing that a certain ingredient has been removed from a canna product due to legality issues in the uk and many people/owners are in agreement of folk getting less yields with years experience and not changing anything at all even the recipe

Few moved to this growers ark stuff and raving about it, PH all done for you the lot apparently
That’s interesting you say that because i stopped growing for a few years and when i came back noticed a drop in expected yields, been trying to figure out what it could be but haven’t a clue, using vitalink nutes at the moment which are made in the uk, maybe that has something to do with it, was using canna stuff too with the same results not long before switching to vitalink
I was thinking it was probably genetics but nutes makes sense
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”