Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

In-house genetics.... not a good experience so far

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
seymore_budz
Respected Member

In-house genetics.... not a good experience so far

Post by seymore_budz »

Soooo.... if you know me then you'll know I like a good rant. And in-house genetics is the subject for today.

I've now had two lots of their seeds fail to germinate. And when they do, you end up with a weak, deformed thing 50% of the time. Does anyone have any experiences with them? I've seen all the shit posting on Reddit but at the same time there are quite a few that love their gear.

Here's an example of the latest fail. These were some freebies provided when I bought the King Slurri. One failed to germinate and the other .... I don't know what to call it but its not a ganja plant lol

I get that sometimes a seed is just not viable. Especially when they're not stored correctly at the supplier etc but you would expect to see at least 95% germination rate from a reputable breeder. You can see at the back I had a old Gorrila bean fail to do anything and that's fine because the other two germinated and look good but check out the track record so far from in-house.

Black cherry 10 seeds down 4 germinate 1 ot viable after germinating and three were OK
S-Class 2 down 1 germinate but isn't a viable plant. The other is a fail to strike.

I have one more pack so let's hope they can redeem themselves. If you're reading this in-house, do better on your quality control mofos.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 5):
Stickylemonz (Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:51 pm) • fabi420 (Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:05 pm) • Nom (Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:36 pm) • Keeno (Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:55 pm) • Greenfingers (Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hmr81

Re: In-house genetics.... not a good experience so far

Post by Hmr81 »

damn that seems really odd man, no experience with them personally but those some huge failure numbers man
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
seymore_budz (Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:18 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Hmr81 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:17 pm
damn that seems really odd man, no experience with them personally but those some huge failure numbers man
They are indeed. They can't blame bad growing practices either because I have a full tray of healthy seedlings bar their shitty seeds. Maybe its the supplier and not the breeder. All I know is my experience has been less than OK so far. May aswell throw £300 down the toilet :ak:
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
fabi420 (Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:06 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

yea clearly it isnt something you've caused!

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

So ... about two weeks after germinating the rest, look who popped up to say hello 🤣😂 The others are about 6 inches tall now. I just threw the seed in the pot thinking it was a dud !

Amazed that it actually germinated over two weeks after planting it.

These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
Greenfingers (Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:37 pm) • biosynthetic (Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:59 pm) • Josh (Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:30 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

OK, so I thought I'd come back with some feedback on the Slurriking. I planted 4 seeds and 48 hours later I've got 100% success rate! Maybe the CannVerify stops people from selling crappie seeds as the packaging date is included?

So, not the first official pack that I've purchased but the first one that had been verified and so far so good!

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”