Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Clones cuttings

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Ash

Clones cuttings

Post by Ash »

Hey all :bye: . Whats your method for clones/cuttings? Do you all like areoponic cloners or oxy bubblers or the manual way with root riots and other mediums? Whats your success rate? Just wondered bit of a random daydream on my part. Cheers :thx:
These users thanked the author Ash for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:17 am) • Keeno (Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am) • Wrh (Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:09 pm)
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it". - George Bernard Shaw

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Clones cuttings

Post by 2-Scoops »

I just chop a shoot off donk in some rooting hormone and stick it straight into a small pot of coco that's been given a soaking, i then spray clone with water and inside of half a bottle and dont touch it again unless it droops then i will re-spray with water, but 99 times out of 100 it shouldn't need touching again till you see roots outa bottom of pots or you notice clone growing, it usually takes around 10 to 14 days for clone took from a vegging plant and a week or so longer for cutts took from plants in bloom, if they fail its tends to be cutts took from a plant in bloom mostly, in fact i dont think ive had a failure taking cutts from a vegging plant done this way. Has a very high success rate this methodImage.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 6):
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 am) • Paul_led (Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:41 am) • Keeno (Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am) • Tictok (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:27 pm) • Wrh (Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:09 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:30 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

only done it a few times but will be taking some on this next grow. as jimmy says really, just gonna chop a bit off and whack it in buffered coco and pop and plastic cup on it and see what happens. I tend to spray with water if it dries out but i havent used any nutes or anything.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:46 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:30 am)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

For years I use to just take cuttings soak them in a cup of water and then chuck them in the rooting hormone gel before sticking them straight into coco, keeping them humid and moist and hope for the best. I generally had a pretty good success rate. I started adding alo vera powder and somtimes fresh alo vera gel straight to the cup of water for pre soaking. I also have used grococnut its s powdered coco water for plants, it seemed to help my success rate.

I recently got an aero cloner. I use to think they were necessary....and they aren't...but they are a really handy tool. You can take a bunch of cuttings at once and keep them alive. Which is really helpful when you have a library of clones and your constantly taking cuts. Also they are really helpful for sexing plants if you grow regular seeds. You can take cuts from you veg plants, chuck them in the cloner under 12/12 and quickly sex them...which is a big time saver and pretty helpful.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am) • Tictok (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:26 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:47 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I use the Xtreme aero cloner and to date, it's my best purchase. I got the pone with the lights which make a stand-alone bit of kit, nothing else needed to clone, root, or even early veg plants. I'm yet to lose a clone I've put in there, even as late as mid-flower clones. Very good and reliable bit of kit.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Tictok (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:26 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:47 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:32 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”