Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Another energy rise in October - 32%

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
420mFuk

Re: Another energy rise in October - 32%

Post by 420mFuk »

Don't pay UK
https://dontpay.uk/

We are a movement against the rise in energy bills.
We demand a reduction in energy bills to an affordable level.
We will cancel our direct debits from Oct 1, if we are ignored.
We will take this action if pledges reach 1 million by then.
┌∩┐(_)┌∩┐
1ԼƠƔЄ ۞ Ξ√ΩLUT↑☼N
(_̅_̅_̅(̲̲(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅a̲̅я̲̅i̲̅j­­­­­­­­­­­̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲̅_̅_̅_­̅­(­)­ڪ­ ­ڪ­ے­~

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

Hmr81 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:15 pm
I went on to my elec supplier and selected a new tariff as I wanted to see what the increase would be in Feb when my fixed term ends, goes from 130 to 534 per month!
I'm not eligible for any grants sadly but even without it makes financial sense to get the system now with as big of battery's that I can afford. Gonna cost ten k over ten years at 130 pm on top of what I'll use from the grid and I'll still be better off a month if my math is correct.
Did you get a solar system? I'm looking at adding an AC coupled invertor and battery system to mine now. I got 2 quotes from UK companies an they are 4k -5.5k costs. So I spoke to some Chinese suppliers and IV just been quoted $750 plus shipping for the equipment.
It's a 3.5kw AC coupled invertor and 2 12v 200ah batteries.

Been quoted £700 plus vat to fit it. I'm close to pulling the trigger
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

GHO

Post by GHO »

sir-scrogalot wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:17 am
Hmr81 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:15 pm
I went on to my elec supplier and selected a new tariff as I wanted to see what the increase would be in Feb when my fixed term ends, goes from 130 to 534 per month!
I'm not eligible for any grants sadly but even without it makes financial sense to get the system now with as big of battery's that I can afford. Gonna cost ten k over ten years at 130 pm on top of what I'll use from the grid and I'll still be better off a month if my math is correct.
Did you get a solar system? I'm looking at adding an AC coupled invertor and battery system to mine now. I got 2 quotes from UK companies an they are 4k -5.5k costs. So I spoke to some Chinese suppliers and IV just been quoted $750 plus shipping for the equipment.
It's a 3.5kw AC coupled invertor and 2 12v 200ah batteries.

Been quoted £700 plus vat to fit it. I'm close to pulling the trigger
How many kWh will that store @sir-scrogalot I'm looking at present and so far the best I've found for 5k is this: https://generator-pro.co.uk/product/10k ... ngQAvD_BwE

GHO

Post by GHO »

Image[/img]https://www.h2generators.co.uk/h2sys-boxhy-5/ I didn't know hydrogen gensets were a thing too. Something else I'm looking into.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Yes I did, gets installed on Monday. 12x 410w panels and a 5.2kw battery with smart charging. It should, over a year, be about 60% of my energy requirements roughly. Worked out the ROI at 4.8 years but if I swap put car for a small elec one that will come down to about three years if u take into account fuel usage too. Cost me a bit but the maths seems to suggest it's worth it and if they price keeps going up then that ROI comes down again.
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”