Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Gonna try cloning

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: Gonna try cloning

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Groot wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:35 pm
I’ll give this one last try then I’m off to buy seeds lol.
The last 2 died quite quick in the zip bags so I just sorta gave up then I trimmed the plants for the last time and ended up with loads of cutting so I put 5 into a couple of root riot cubes and the rest into coco pellets this was 4 days ago and they’re still going well.
The only thing that I’ve changed is I’m spraying the leafs twice a day. Thinking these might just make it this time I’ll update in a couple of days hopefully with roots lol.
Can’t be this hard!
hiya bach i see ewe still not getting them to set roots....here as i happens i took 10 cuts tonight jest now :oik!: this time im using a poundland prop + some rockwool rooting cubes,heres what i did step by step

1... take the cutting from the plant pop it instantly in tepid water !!! this is a must or the cutting will surely die :oik!: dont worry about the 45 degrees cut it can be done later :oik!: just get the fukas in water sharpish :oik!:

2... get all ya shit together tools needed + clonex gel !!!

3... take cutting from water find a node and trim any growth off it very carefully !!! then make that 45 degree cut about a quater inch below the node ya just trimmed up, then dip back in water for 20 seconds or so,remove lightly shake excess water from stem then dip the bugger into the clonex gel !!!

4...then impregnate the soden rockwool cubes with clonex down the holes !!! then pop the cutting into the hole then mist the cutting nicely.

5... place them into the prop give the prop lid a light misting pop the lid on and hit them up with some low wattage lite 24/7

6 open the prop twice a day for the first 5 days a mist the cutts then shut it back up....14 days they should be away nicely :oik!:

mine are under a I.S 75 watter dialled rite down low as it goes :oik!: my 10 i know 2 will possibly not make it already as my eyes are fuked and im sure i peeled the stems on 2 :rolf: rule to thumb buy a fly tying vice with a mag glass on jobs a good un. :rolf:

by the morning i will bin anything i know wont make it,but they all could pull through lets see.... tick tock tick tock. :oik!:

pics
ImageImage
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
duke (Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm) • Groot (Wed May 18, 2022 6:21 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

There are 100s of methods to take cuttings and all work as long as you keep things clean and consistent. My method is the following when using pest pellets.

1) Hydrate the peat pellets with a light fertiliser mix. 0.7EC is what I tend to make it up to using formulex. I do add a bunch of other bits but they're not really required and just compliment the process. Any left over solution goes into a little spritzer that I use to mist them after taking the cuttings. My full mix is below.

Formulex to 0.7EC
1ml wetting agent - helps hydrate the peat pellets
1ml superthrive - contains NAA which is a rooting hormone
1.5ml Hygrozyme - quickly clean up any dead material
1.5ml Nitrozyme - contains a bunch of goodies to give them a head start once they're rooted.
5 drops of hydrogen peroxide - sterilise the solution.

2) grab a clean glass of water to store the cuttings in while snipping them off the plant. Also, prepare your gel/powder. Always use a separate dish/container and never dip your cuttings directly into the container of hormone. Stops cross contamination etc.

3) take the cuttings from the mother plant. I normally take about 5-6 inches of material. Make sure you have at least three nodes as you're going to want at least two nodes up top. The third will be cleaned up with a scalpel and dipped in the hormone. Place them in the glass while you select as many cuttings as required.

4) for each cutting, trim up the bottom to about 2-3cm below the selected node. Then trim back the auxiliary node and the little loose bits. Dip the base in the hormone up to the trimmed node and place that in the peat pellets.

5) trim the leaves back to about half way. This will help the cutting hold onto moisture while they're rooting.

6) Place in the propagator and spray them with the solution collected earlier. Then finally close all vents. They might droop for a bit but will soon perk back up once they're in 100% humidity.

7) after 3-4 days start to open the vents. Gradually open them up more and more until day 7. Some may root before day 7 but if not, take the lid off the propagator and see how they respond. If they wilt then pop it back on for a day or two.

After 7-10 days most should be rooted. Your biggest enemies are nasties like bad bacteria and fungi and drying out. If the pellets dry out a little I keep them topped up with water.

Here's one I took earlier.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 4):
duke (Tue May 17, 2022 10:37 pm) • Captain Beefheart (Wed May 18, 2022 8:28 am) • Groot (Wed May 18, 2022 6:22 pm) • Stickylemonz (Wed May 18, 2022 7:33 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

14 hrs later here they are I misted again lid back on... looking at these this morning I see everything will make it nothing wilting see I'll mist again in 8 hrs time I'll keep ya posted daily Image

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
seymore_budz (Wed May 18, 2022 12:45 pm) • Groot (Wed May 18, 2022 6:22 pm)

Groot

Post by Groot »

duke wrote:hi groot i used to have trouble with cloning esp in mud,useless it was. now i have a simple slow but foolproof method and more clones root than i can use!i got an old plastic bucket and a microwave plate cover its opaque plastic and has perfect vent holes in an cost me a pound in poundland and fits top of bucket lovely,then a six inch pot of just moist not wet coco and i put 5-8 cuts in same pot and in the bucket in my tiny veg cab the bucket protects them from the fan and has stable climate and they root in 7-10 days,make sure medium is not overly wet and dont be shy about choosing the best stems for clones from the mum,they grow back as long as you have a few leaves left,coco is best ever medium for rooting,good luck
Captain Beefheart wrote:
Groot wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:35 pm
I’ll give this one last try then I’m off to buy seeds lol.
The last 2 died quite quick in the zip bags so I just sorta gave up then I trimmed the plants for the last time and ended up with loads of cutting so I put 5 into a couple of root riot cubes and the rest into coco pellets this was 4 days ago and they’re still going well.
The only thing that I’ve changed is I’m spraying the leafs twice a day. Thinking these might just make it this time I’ll update in a couple of days hopefully with roots lol.
Can’t be this hard!
hiya bach i see ewe still not getting them to set roots....here as i happens i took 10 cuts tonight jest now :oik!: this time im using a poundland prop + some rockwool rooting cubes,heres what i did step by step

1... take the cutting from the plant pop it instantly in tepid water !!! this is a must or the cutting will surely die :oik!: dont worry about the 45 degrees cut it can be done later :oik!: just get the fukas in water sharpish :oik!:

2... get all ya shit together tools needed + clonex gel !!!

3... take cutting from water find a node and trim any growth off it very carefully !!! then make that 45 degree cut about a quater inch below the node ya just trimmed up, then dip back in water for 20 seconds or so,remove lightly shake excess water from stem then dip the bugger into the clonex gel !!!

4...then impregnate the soden rockwool cubes with clonex down the holes !!! then pop the cutting into the hole then mist the cutting nicely.

5... place them into the prop give the prop lid a light misting pop the lid on and hit them up with some low wattage lite 24/7

6 open the prop twice a day for the first 5 days a mist the cutts then shut it back up....14 days they should be away nicely :oik!:

mine are under a I.S 75 watter dialled rite down low as it goes :oik!: my 10 i know 2 will possibly not make it already as my eyes are fuked and im sure i peeled the stems on 2 :rolf: rule to thumb buy a fly tying vice with a mag glass on jobs a good un. :rolf:

by the morning i will bin anything i know wont make it,but they all could pull through lets see.... tick tock tick tock. :oik!:

pics
ImageImage
seymore_budz wrote:There are 100s of methods to take cuttings and all work as long as you keep things clean and consistent. My method is the following when using pest pellets.

1) Hydrate the peat pellets with a light fertiliser mix. 0.7EC is what I tend to make it up to using formulex. I do add a bunch of other bits but they're not really required and just compliment the process. Any left over solution goes into a little spritzer that I use to mist them after taking the cuttings. My full mix is below.

Formulex to 0.7EC
1ml wetting agent - helps hydrate the peat pellets
1ml superthrive - contains NAA which is a rooting hormone
1.5ml Hygrozyme - quickly clean up any dead material
1.5ml Nitrozyme - contains a bunch of goodies to give them a head start once they're rooted.
5 drops of hydrogen peroxide - sterilise the solution.

2) grab a clean glass of water to store the cuttings in while snipping them off the plant. Also, prepare your gel/powder. Always use a separate dish/container and never dip your cuttings directly into the container of hormone. Stops cross contamination etc.

3) take the cuttings from the mother plant. I normally take about 5-6 inches of material. Make sure you have at least three nodes as you're going to want at least two nodes up top. The third will be cleaned up with a scalpel and dipped in the hormone. Place them in the glass while you select as many cuttings as required.

4) for each cutting, trim up the bottom to about 2-3cm below the selected node. Then trim back the auxiliary node and the little loose bits. Dip the base in the hormone up to the trimmed node and place that in the peat pellets.

5) trim the leaves back to about half way. This will help the cutting hold onto moisture while they're rooting.

6) Place in the propagator and spray them with the solution collected earlier. Then finally close all vents. They might droop for a bit but will soon perk back up once they're in 100% humidity.

7) after 3-4 days start to open the vents. Gradually open them up more and more until day 7. Some may root before day 7 but if not, take the lid off the propagator and see how they respond. If they wilt then pop it back on for a day or two.

After 7-10 days most should be rooted. Your biggest enemies are nasties like bad bacteria and fungi and drying out. If the pellets dry out a little I keep them topped up with water.

Here's one I took earlier.
Captain Beefheart wrote:14 hrs later here they are I misted again lid back on... looking at these this morning I see everything will make it nothing wilting see I'll mist again in 8 hrs time I'll keep ya posted daily Image

great googly moogly!
I’ve been spraying them twice a day now guys for best part of a week now and I got a root
Guys you don’t know what this means to me haha thank you all so much this thread has made me stick at it and all you guys help and advice pushed it over the line for meAmazing advice
Groots got roots WOOP WOOP
These users thanked the author Groot for the post (total 5):
Herbalist (Wed May 18, 2022 6:51 pm) • seymore_budz (Wed May 18, 2022 6:59 pm) • Captain Beefheart (Wed May 18, 2022 7:31 pm) • Stickylemonz (Wed May 18, 2022 7:35 pm) • Marcus (Wed May 18, 2022 8:13 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

@Groot glad ya got roots bach a little tip when learning to take cuttings always take more than ya need that way ewe almost guaranteed to get wat ya need

Here's mine thus evening after another misting all pert no droppers now anything that won't make it wouldtell me Image

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Groot (Thu May 19, 2022 2:04 am)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Good work groot!! Happy growing mate
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post:
Groot (Thu May 19, 2022 2:03 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

3 days later misting 3 times a day all 10 will root now for sure I'll keep misting for another few days backing off from 3 misting to 2 misting then 1 misting over the next week Image

great googly moogly!

Groot (Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 pm)

Groot

Gonna try cloning

Post by Groot »

Stickylemonz wrote:Good work groot!! Happy growing mate
thanks stickylemonz been at this for ages now mate just couldn’t get it lol
Captain Beefheart wrote:3 days later misting 3 times a day all 10 will root now for sure I'll keep misting for another few days backing off from 3 misting to 2 misting then 1 misting over the next week Image

great googly moogly!
Looking good there capt do you not bother snipping the fan leafs mate.
Starting to get more roots now so when should I pot them up I’ve got these little pots couldn’t help myself in bnm lol

I was going to pop them into this coco I’ve added just 2ml root juice ec is 0.0 ph 5.8 or should I wait for more roots or am I away ahead of myself lol.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post:
Stickylemonz (Sun May 22, 2022 2:18 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

@Groot ewe need to pot them now bach sharpish... i presoak my coco in the new pot with 1ml of canna A+B ph it at 6 :oik!: i then place the cutting in to the pot + lightly water it to settle it in + wait then a few days before watering fuk all. :oik!: them roots will be splendid :idea: sound like a plan to me. :Stoned:
Last edited by Captain Beefheart on Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groot (Fri May 20, 2022 11:52 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

and ffs water them root riots they look dry from here.... :oik!:
Groot (Fri May 20, 2022 11:51 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”