Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Gonna try cloning

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Treetrunk
Respected Member

Re: Gonna try cloning

Post by Treetrunk »

Groot wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:31 pm
Hi there folks so I’ve tried this about 4-5 times now and only got roots once so if I’m doing anything wrong please let me know.
I have 4 cuttings from 2 plants to a little heated tray and dome,bottle of clonex,scalpel,alcohol and root riot cubes(soaked for 24hours in 1ml rhizo)

I cut the stems at an angle and gave them a little scrape with the scalpel and dipped them in clonex and into root riot cubes,cut the leafs ends back then under the dome. There now sitting in a dark cupboard at 26c with 100% humidity.
So I think I’m supposed to keep checking them for a couple of days now keeping the humidity up.
Well folks I’ll keep this updated in next couple of days
You need the cut's under a light. Also you don't need to soak root riot's.
Apart from that all good. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
Groot (Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:22 pm) • Tictok (Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:41 am)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

All the cuts i take from my garden just leave in a glass of water on the kitchen window seal then let the roots grow in the water then into some soil
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 3):
Trippster62 (Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:01 pm) • Groot (Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:22 pm) • Tictok (Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:41 am)

Groot

Post by Groot »

Trippster62 wrote:Looks like [mention]Tictok[/mention] gave a good explanation and though I haven't tried the plastic bag, I put them straight into the humidity dome, every thing else seems spot on with how I take clones. The one thing I might add is that my heating mat gets warmer than I like. I usually start the mat at lights on until the temp and humidity are where I want them and then turn it off for the rest of the light cycle. I keep a hygrometer inside the dome and try to keep humidity above 70%-75% and the temperature around 75F-80F or 24C-27C.
hi trippster the hygrometer says 29c and my humidity is 77% do you think I’ll get away with that mate and I forgot to get freezer bags(ziplock)today so can’t try it this time round either.
Finchmad_79 wrote:Dark cupboard, Why a dark cupboard?

I have just tried cloning for the first time, only took 1 cut and it rooted within a week.
Took the cut, cut back the leaves, dipped it into some root-it cloning gel and then into one of them expanding coco pellets. It then went into a make shift propogater and then into the corner of the veg tent, lights on 18/6. Checked 7 days later and had roots.
lol soon as I read this I went straight in and took them out of the dark cupboard and put them in tent thanks for that finchmad might be one of them reasons I keep ballsing it up all the time haha
2-Scoops wrote:Here`s another way you could maybe give a try if your struggling it works virtually every time. Stick one in a pot of dirt or coco that`s had a good drink of water or a low fert ec if using coco, then cover it for 7 to 10 days with half a 2 liter pop bottle that's been misted well inside and mist plant. Dont touch it then for at least a week unless you see leaves start droop bad and see how you go after 10 days remove bottle and if its still stood to attention after an hour or so it should be rooted through if not do the plant misting thing with plant and bottle and replace it for a 3 to 4 days. I can`t remember having any take more than 2 weeks to root through. You can use rooting hormone or not, tbh ive great success not using anything. Ideal for taking just a few clones

ahh I’ve stuck them into clonex 2scoops and root riot cubes was thinking of trying straight into coco aswell thanks mate.
Treetrunk wrote:
Groot wrote:
Hi there folks so I’ve tried this about 4-5 times now and only got roots once so if I’m doing anything wrong please let me know.
I have 4 cuttings from 2 plants to a little heated tray and dome,bottle of clonex,scalpel,alcohol and root riot cubes(soaked for 24hours in 1ml rhizo)

I cut the stems at an angle and gave them a little scrape with the scalpel and dipped them in clonex and into root riot cubes,cut the leafs ends back then under the dome. There now sitting in a dark cupboard at 26c with 100% humidity.
So I think I’m supposed to keep checking them for a couple of days now keeping the humidity up.
that’s them under the lights now treetrunk think it’ll matter that I’ve soaked them mate.
MrNice wrote:All the cuts i take from my garden just leave in a glass of water on the kitchen window seal then let the roots grow in the water then into some soil
thanks mrnice yous all make it sound so easy lol might just stick the tray on the window ledge now

Thanks for all the help and info folks and I’ll keep this updated.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:29 pm) • Trippster62 (Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:38 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

my main advice is once they bagged / propped...... dont open the bags until ewe see roots say 14 days ish same with prop ewe want the humidity about 90% to set the root. good luck :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 4):
Groot (Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:46 am) • Tictok (Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:41 am) • Guest (Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:29 pm) • MommaB (Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:33 pm)

Trippster62

Post by Trippster62 »

Groot wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:33 pm
Trippster62 wrote:Looks like @Tictok gave a good explanation and though I haven't tried the plastic bag, I put them straight into the humidity dome, every thing else seems spot on with how I take clones. The one thing I might add is that my heating mat gets warmer than I like. I usually start the mat at lights on until the temp and humidity are where I want them and then turn it off for the rest of the light cycle. I keep a hygrometer inside the dome and try to keep humidity above 70%-75% and the temperature around 75F-80F or 24C-27C.
hi trippster the hygrometer says 29c and my humidity is 77% do you think I’ll get away with that mate and I forgot to get freezer bags(ziplock)today so can’t try it this time round either.

I have just tried cloning for the first time, only took 1 cut and it rooted within a week.
Took the cut, cut back the leaves, dipped it into some root-it cloning gel and then into one of them expanding coco pellets. It then went into a make shift propogater and then into the corner of the veg tent, lights on 18/6. Checked 7 days later and had roots.
lol soon as I read this I went straight in and took them out of the dark cupboard and put them in tent thanks for that finchmad might be one of them reasons I keep ballsing it up all the time haha
2-Scoops wrote:Here`s another way you could maybe give a try if your struggling it works virtually every time. Stick one in a pot of dirt or coco that`s had a good drink of water or a low fert ec if using coco, then cover it for 7 to 10 days with half a 2 liter pop bottle that's been misted well inside and mist plant. Dont touch it then for at least a week unless you see leaves start droop bad and see how you go after 10 days remove bottle and if its still stood to attention after an hour or so it should be rooted through if not do the plant misting thing with plant and bottle and replace it for a 3 to 4 days. I can`t remember having any take more than 2 weeks to root through. You can use rooting hormone or not, tbh ive great success not using anything. Ideal for taking just a few clones

ahh I’ve stuck them into clonex 2scoops and root riot cubes was thinking of trying straight into coco aswell thanks mate.
Treetrunk wrote:
Groot wrote:

that’s them under the lights now treetrunk think it’ll matter that I’ve soaked them mate.
MrNice wrote:All the cuts i take from my garden just leave in a glass of water on the kitchen window seal then let the roots grow in the water then into some soil
thanks mrnice yous all make it sound so easy lol might just stick the tray on the window ledge now

Yes I think you will be fine. From what I've read you simply want higher humidity for higher temps without letting them get too hot. My son said he runs his at around 30C and 85-90% and he sees roots in 7-10 days, I usually see roots in 10-14 days.
These users thanked the author Trippster62 for the post (total 2):
Groot (Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:46 am) • Tictok (Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:42 am)
If you reduce the amount of hash you consume in order to preserve your glass you've missed the whole point.

The hash is more important than the glass.

Groot

Post by Groot »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:50 pm
my main advice is once they bagged / propped...... dont open the bags until ewe see roots say 14 days ish same with prop ewe want the humidity about 90% to set the root. good luck :Stoned:
hi captain thanks for the advice I’ll need to go read your thread on cloning and I’ll also need all the luck I can get lol.

Groot

Post by Groot »

Trippster62 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:44 pm
Groot wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:33 pm
Trippster62 wrote:Looks like @Tictok gave a good explanation and though I haven't tried the plastic bag, I put them straight into the humidity dome, every thing else seems spot on with how I take clones. The one thing I might add is that my heating mat gets warmer than I like. I usually start the mat at lights on until the temp and humidity are where I want them and then turn it off for the rest of the light cycle. I keep a hygrometer inside the dome and try to keep humidity above 70%-75% and the temperature around 75F-80F or 24C-27C.

Treetrunk wrote: You need the cut's under a light. Also you don't need to soak root riot's.

Yes I think you will be fine. From what I've read you simply want higher humidity for higher temps without letting them get too hot. My son said he runs his at around 30C and 85-90% and he sees roots in 7-10 days, I usually see roots in 10-14 days.
I’ve got the humidity up to 90 and the temps down to 26 now trippster so she’s on the window sill like mr nice was saying.
So I’ll leave them there for now and see how they get on.
Thank you all for helping me out folks it’s very much appreciated now I just need roots lol.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post:
Trippster62 (Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:40 pm)

Groot

Post by Groot »

Had a look this morning and looks like 2 are goners but on the other hand there’s 2 still standing lol.
Just wondering if the 2 that are still standing are still there because they were from the bottom of the plant(bottom branches). Will be definitely trying the ziplock bag way the next time.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post (total 2):
Guest (Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:29 pm) • MrNice (Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:59 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Lol i like your humor groot

the top one reminds me of a canna groot lol

not took cutting but remember somethink about where you need to take them from im stoner need to look it up

chat soon

mn

Groot

Post by Groot »

As usual folks they died😞
The other side
Well not to give up I’ve took a couple more cuttings I took 3 and one died in the jar of water ffs should I give up lol.
So I got 2 again from the bottom of the plant
And straight into water
Gonna try the ziplock bag way this time so I’ll give an update in a few days with them🤞🏻

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”