Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Gonna try cloning

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Groot

Gonna try cloning

Post by Groot »

Hi there folks so I’ve tried this about 4-5 times now and only got roots once so if I’m doing anything wrong please let me know.
I have 4 cuttings from 2 plants to a little heated tray and dome,bottle of clonex,scalpel,alcohol and root riot cubes(soaked for 24hours in 1ml rhizo)

I cut the stems at an angle and gave them a little scrape with the scalpel and dipped them in clonex and into root riot cubes,cut the leafs ends back then under the dome. There now sitting in a dark cupboard at 26c with 100% humidity.
So I think I’m supposed to keep checking them for a couple of days now keeping the humidity up.
Well folks I’ll keep this updated in next couple of days
These users thanked the author Groot for the post (total 4):
GMO (Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:49 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:19 pm) • Guest (Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:28 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue May 17, 2022 8:34 pm)

RewisL19

Re: Gonna try cloning

Post by RewisL19 »

Good luck dude. Like you ive tried a few times and only had the success once lol. Il be following along
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
Groot (Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:04 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Looking good. I'd just give them a spray every day when the humidity looks low (water droplets on glass start drying out) and then crack the dome cover a little bit after, say 3-5 days. Crack it open a little more everyday and fingers crossed dude. In 10 -14 days or some you should have some little rooted plants ready for potting up and then filling your house full of stinky weed.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 3):
Groot (Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:03 pm) • fabi420 (Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:36 am) • Rorschach (Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:29 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

If you are struggling then do a search on here for captain beefhearts method of cloning, it's totally fool proof.

I've tweaked it a little but it didn't need it really...

Take the cut, put it in a cup of water immediately, like straight away, don't leave it exposed to the air (you can get air bubbles in the stem I think).

I've taken to adding a couple of drops of clonex (or equivilant) to the water (but you don't really need it).

Leave overnight in the tent.

Take your root cubes, dip them briefly in the same water and gently squeeze out the excess.

Dip your cut into the clonex, then into the root riot cube.

Often I'll take a scalpel and split the stem at the bottom before dipping in clonex.

Using a water sprayer, spray a couple of sprays into a zip lock bag and pour out the excess.

Then put the whole lot into a ziplock bag (I've out up to 4 in one bag before), seal it, date it, leave it in your tent and forget about it for up to three weeks.

They don't like much light, so put them at the edge of the tent (I've covered the bag with another zip lock before just to reduce the light). Some people cut the ends off the leaves.

Check for a nice stack of roots, then open the bag for 24hrs, then you can pot up. I tend to keep them in a propagator at this point, or put a zip lock over the pot for a few days.

Job done.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 5):
Groot (Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:08 pm) • Trippster62 (Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:03 pm) • Captain Beefheart (Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:48 pm) • Herbalist (Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm) • fabi420 (Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:37 am)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Good luck bro
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Groot (Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 pm)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Me....no luck yet, still tryin,, yes capt. I try you're way,almost
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
Groot (Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 pm) • Captain Beefheart (Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:48 pm)

Groot

Post by Groot »

RewisL19 wrote:Good luck dude. Like you ive tried a few times and only had the success once lol. Il be following along
awrite RewisL it’s just one of them things I struggle with. My problem is I forget about them lol
ohlordyeah_420 wrote:Looking good. I'd just give them a spray every day when the humidity looks low (water droplets on glass start drying out) and then crack the dome cover a little bit after, say 3-5 days. Crack it open a little more everyday and fingers crossed dude. In 10 -14 days or some you should have some little rooted plants ready for potting up and then filling your house full of stinky weed.
thanks ohlordyeah I’ll keep checking that and spraying it cheers mate
Tictok wrote:If you are struggling then do a search on here for captain beefhearts method of cloning, it's totally fool proof.

I've tweaked it a little but it didn't need it really...

Take the cut, put it in a cup of water immediately, like straight away, don't leave it exposed to the air (you can get air bubbles in the stem I think).

I've taken to adding a couple of drops of clonex (or equivilant) to the water (but you don't really need it).

Leave overnight in the tent.

Take your root cubes, dip them briefly in the same water and gently squeeze out the excess.

Dip your cut into the clonex, then into the root riot cube.

Often I'll take a scalpel and split the stem at the bottom before dipping in clonex.

Using a water sprayer, spray a couple of sprays into a zip lock bag and pour out the excess.

Then put the whole lot into a ziplock bag (I've out up to 4 in one bag before), seal it, date it, leave it in your tent and forget about it for up to three weeks.

They don't like much light, so put them at the edge of the tent (I've covered the bag with another zip lock before just to reduce the light). Some people cut the ends off the leaves.

Check for a nice stack of roots, then open the bag for 24hrs, then you can pot up. I tend to keep them in a propagator at this point, or put a zip lock over the pot for a few days.

Job done.
cheers for that Tictok. I dropped them into a jar of water yesterday soon as I cut them mate and left them in a dark cupboard overnight. No seen the ziplock bag thing I’ll go check that out thanks again mate. I’ve got a risen floor in my tent so just toss them under there. I just went to get some bags and I’m all out lol I’ll pick some up in the morning and put 2 in ziplock bags and 2 in the heated tray see what happens.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post (total 2):
ohlordyeah_420 (Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:01 pm) • Tictok (Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:08 pm)

Trippster62

Post by Trippster62 »

Looks like @Tictok gave a good explanation and though I haven't tried the plastic bag, I put them straight into the humidity dome, every thing else seems spot on with how I take clones. The one thing I might add is that my heating mat gets warmer than I like. I usually start the mat at lights on until the temp and humidity are where I want them and then turn it off for the rest of the light cycle. I keep a hygrometer inside the dome and try to keep humidity above 70%-75% and the temperature around 75F-80F or 24C-27C.
These users thanked the author Trippster62 for the post:
Groot (Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:11 pm)
If you reduce the amount of hash you consume in order to preserve your glass you've missed the whole point.

The hash is more important than the glass.

Finchmad_79
Known User

Post by Finchmad_79 »

Dark cupboard, Why a dark cupboard?

I have just tried cloning for the first time, only took 1 cut and it rooted within a week.
Took the cut, cut back the leaves, dipped it into some root-it cloning gel and then into one of them expanding coco pellets. It then went into a make shift propogater and then into the corner of the veg tent, lights on 18/6. Checked 7 days later and had roots.
These users thanked the author Finchmad_79 for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:55 pm) • Groot (Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:12 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Here`s another way you could maybe give a try if your struggling it works virtually every time. Stick one in a pot of dirt or coco that`s had a good drink of water or a low fert ec if using coco, then cover it for 7 to 10 days with half a 2 liter pop bottle that's been misted well inside and mist plant. Dont touch it then for at least a week unless you see leaves start droop bad and see how you go after 10 days remove bottle and if its still stood to attention after an hour or so it should be rooted through if not do the plant misting thing with plant and bottle and replace it for a 3 to 4 days. I can`t remember having any take more than 2 weeks to root through. You can use rooting hormone or not, tbh ive great success not using anything. Ideal for taking just a few clones

These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
Trippster62 (Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:00 pm) • Groot (Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:14 pm) • Tictok (Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:40 am) • fabi420 (Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:38 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”