Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Why did you start smoking cannabis?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Wayne36
Known User

Re: Why did you start smoking cannabis?

Post by Wayne36 »

Norseman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 am
KrazyDave wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 am
I get anxiety-induced insomnia too. What I find works amazingly is lie in bed with your eyes shut, and visualize drawing numbers in wet sand with a stick. Visualizing uses a part of your brain that is linked with dreaming so you will fall asleep quite quickly. I don't ever remember getting to 3 it works that well.
I don't have anxiety in any way but i do suffer from insomnia due to my pain and nothing i have tried helps besides vaping weed and lots of it just before i go to bed. By doing that i at least get 2-3 hours of sleep each night. If i don't do weed before going to bed i can just forget sleeping all together.
Sometimes i have to get up at night and vape some more weed to be able to at least rest somewhat. Chronic pain sucks man...
yea man my sleep is horriable I can usually fall asleep no problem however staying asleep is impossible I usually in bed for 4 to 6 hours but get up threw the night a few times atleast than have to take a nap for an hour but lately I sleep better at times when I nap ... intill recently last year now I start nodding off I'll do that a few times and pass right out which is really messed up where I pass out with the phone in my hand. Ideally I'll do this same sleep pattern for a month or two than my body just complete shots down and I'll sleep for 4 or 6 hours without waking up but my body feels like I have weights in my body especially in my arms
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post:
Norseman (Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Damn, this all sounds pretty familiar. I too am on gabapentine amongst others. I find it make me feel dull, thankfully I have replaced most of it with weed.
Insomnia is a bitch, I rarely get to sleep before 4am and if my pain is flairing not even then.
I need to find a strain to grow that helps with sleep, anyohe got any pointers?
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 2):
Norseman (Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm) • Wayne36 (Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:46 am)

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

fibrosux wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:11 pm
Damn, this all sounds pretty familiar. I too am on gabapentine amongst others. I find it make me feel dull, thankfully I have replaced most of it with weed.
Insomnia is a bitch, I rarely get to sleep before 4am and if my pain is flairing not even then.
I need to find a strain to grow that helps with sleep, anyohe got any pointers?
So I cant remeber my dose right now however I am suppose to take 1 pill in moring 1 pill afternoon and two before bed ..... however I hate taking pills so I usually just take two or 3 at night..... when I dont take them cause I forget ..... and before ii got prescribed them I'd wake up and be in allot of pain hard to explain but than my body is in so much shock that I start throwing up straight stomach bile this happens about 95% percent of the time and it fucking sucks... I to need to find one I think I do have one I'll have to check my mind wonders sometimes so I forget to check bit recently start winning some seeds so all than do more research but in all honestly man if I didnt have something like this gabapentin I'd lose my mind cause I was in so much pain of my nerves firing I just wanted to cry and docters wouldnt help me .... the cold affects my body allot cause it tightens up than puts pressure on my nerves .... but I hate the rain days the most ... I feel yean man I am sure if I was able to sleep better than my body would atleast try to heal better but it's been over 10 years dealing with this so I basically have except it ... I am sorry your going trew this stuff to man maybe try to just take the pills at night I can tell you my mg later if you'd like it's not a cure but it definitely helps and like I said without it I'd proballu check myself in the lonney been or wanna be put in a coma cause it litterly puts so much stress on the body

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

I have been cutting down my meds slowly and vaping more Bud... I now only take one in the morning and 5 at night, I'd like to drop another 2 of them but haven't been able to so far

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

in my case it was because i grew up with an uncle that smoked he also grew dope,i watched him as a child growing up + kind of got acustomed to his lifestyle / music he was so layed Back slick as fuk the only head in the village :lol: anyway the moral of the story is i used to pinch a smoke off him i never looked back :oik!: then a few years later i was on evo stick and butane oh i was a bad boy aye. :oik!:

eta... it was around about 79 :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Wayne36 (Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

I absolutely love this thread! Y’all are all amazing
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 pm) • KD (Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Why ? im still trying to find out lol
So miss goody 2 shoes never been round anything till i met Capt :lol:
First night i smoked i saw a polar bear yippee :lol: it was a labrador :lol: i knew it was a dog but a polar bear came out of my lips :suicide: no looking back then :lol: it was fun and it annoyed my dad :lol:
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
KD (Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 pm) • Wayne36 (Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 am)

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

KrazyDave wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 pm
I started smoking it as a teen, then when I met my misses, I quit because when she's stoned, she never shuts up, whereas I like to sit n chill, watch tv n listen to music. Then a mate got me onto growing for her, then I had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, got prescribed meds that robbed me of my personality, used hash to get off the meds, learned THC Bud triggers my anxiety but CBD bud and extracts doesn't so now I smoke hash, extracts, CBD Bud, eat edibles but grow bud for my misses.
yea u feel yea man the mess you up mental and just how you act feel lost .... amd yea I find certain strains can make anxciety and I'f something happens drama or something that stress you out it like it gets you super high and panic

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

fibrosux wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:04 pm
I have been cutting down my meds slowly and vaping more Bud... I now only take one in the morning and 5 at night, I'd like to drop another 2 of them but haven't been able to so far
Mine are 150mg each I dont take anyone the koreing or afternoon unless I forget to take at night intake 450mg right before bed and if I forget I am in so much pain and all kinked up throw the bottom of my stomach wvrytins straight acid I think I should be takeing more I just hate taking pills

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 pm
Why ? im still trying to find out lol
So miss goody 2 shoes never been round anything till i met Capt :lol:
First night i smoked i saw a polar bear yippee :lol: it was a labrador :lol: i knew it was a dog but a polar bear came out of my lips :suicide: no looking back then :lol: it was fun and it annoyed my dad :lol:
Lmao the good old times eh!!
These users thanked the author Wayne36 for the post:
Inactive account (Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 am)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”