Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Heated waistcoat

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
IMO
Known User

Re: Heated waistcoat

Post by IMO »

That’s a nice thought for the wife aspie 👍, could do with one of these for myself working outside
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:37 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

IMO wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:55 pm
That’s a nice thought for the wife aspie 👍, could do with one of these for myself working outside
Thanks, mate. I do what I can to look after her.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
IMO (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:03 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Point 5 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:39 pm
I believe the power bank is the same as those portable chargers. Can pick then up off amazon or regatta have this https://www.regatta.com/heated-jacket-b ... AhEALw_wcB

Would love a jacket like that for pottering round garden in winter
Do you know how these ones get charged up? It contains a 50% Lithium-ion, 50% Aluminium battery. To me, it looks like I need something plugged into the mains to charge up the battery.

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

I’d love one of these
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:52 pm)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:44 pm
Point 5 wrote:
I believe the power bank is the same as those portable chargers. Can pick then up off amazon or regatta have this https://www.regatta.com/heated-jacket-b ... AhEALw_wcB

Do you know how these ones get charged up? It contains a 50% Lithium-ion, 50% Aluminium battery. To me, it looks like I need something plugged into the mains to charge up the battery.
yeah the banks are storage you plug it in and charge it then put it in coat. Really just a big rechargeable battery. problem is they don't say what type usb plug the coat uses.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:11 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

ASpie my good friend this is easy mr nice goes snowbarding so ive tryed lots of stuff to keep warm on the lifts when yr stuck there in -15 waiting to get to the top

A friend had some gloves and socks like the jacket that ran on batteries was ok for an hour then the heat tailed off
also tryed Reusable hand warmers there ok work well stuck a few down me boots and other places....LOL

https://www.lifesystems.co.uk/products/ ... andwarmers

The best idea is to go to TK max and buy some ski gear I.e nice jacket and gloves hat what ever you need to keep her warm prices fairly cheap

Snow gear ranges by

Breathability Ratings:

5,000 – 10,000g/m²: This level of breathability is fine for resort skiing, urban travel or camping in the rain, but will get a bit clammy during high-intensity hiking or climbing.

10,000 – 15,000g/m²: Jackets in this range are suited to more adventurous travel or backcountry skiing, but breaking trail through snow or straight uphill might prove too much.

15,000 – 20,000g/m² & above: An extended trip to the hills, trekking in warm climates or otherwise working hard and perspiring heavily will require a jacket this breathable

O normally go for 10k to 15k stuff and ive gone down to -20 wearing it on the mountains

Guess what im saying is rap up well with right clothes no batteries need...... that and some hand warmers in the pockets for emergencies

Hope this helps good buddy

miss ya humor

MN
Last edited by MrNice on Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 pm) • Inactive account (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:19 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

sageridder wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:04 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Point 5 wrote:

yeah the banks are storage you plug it in and charge it then put it in coat. Really just a big rechargeable battery. problem is they don't say what type usb plug the coat uses.
Thanks, mate. Since I found out about these waistcoats, I've been looking at loads. Rarely will you see one that also shows the power supply. One in particular looked like it held 6 x HP2 batteries - which as you know, would become expensive to use.

I am guessing that you would use a phone charger to charge up that power pack - but like you said, it doesn't say what typo of USB that should be used.

Also, I hear that phones have exploded because of phone chargers. I wonder if the same thing would happen if you used one to charge up the power pack.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:14 pm
sageridder wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:04 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:

Thanks, mate. Since I found out about these waistcoats, I've been looking at loads. Rarely will you see one that also shows the power supply. One in particular looked like it held 6 x HP2 batteries - which as you know, would become expensive to use.

I am guessing that you would use a phone charger to charge up that power pack - but like you said, it doesn't say what typo of USB that should be used.

Also, I hear that phones have exploded because of phone chargers. I wonder if the same thing would happen if you used one to charge up the power pack.
The standard USB port, be it USB 1.1 or USB 2.0, delivers 5 volts of electricity and allows your connected device to draw 500 milliampere

Trex

Post by Trex »

a heated coat , do youself a favour and get a Carhartt work/casual coat , nice and warm as fuck .
Gets -40 and -50 here and i work with these outside and no probs fawk all those junk gadgets guys , come on lol

Grapefruit Banner Pheno Finder Journal

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:20 pm) • MrNice (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:46 pm) • Guest (Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:07 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

MrNice wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:14 pm
ASpie my good friend this is easy mr nice goes snowbarding so ive tryed lots of stuff to keep warm on the lifts when yr stuck there in -15 waiting to get to the top

A friend had some gloves and socks like the jacket that ran on batteries was ok for an hour then the heat tailed off
also tryed Reusable hand warmers there ok work well stuck a few down me boots and other places....LOL

https://www.lifesystems.co.uk/products/ ... andwarmers

The best idea is to go to TK max and buy some ski gear I.e nice jacket and gloves hat what ever you need to keep her warm prices fairly cheap

Snow gear ranges by

Breathability Ratings:

5,000 – 10,000g/m²: This level of breathability is fine for resort skiing, urban travel or camping in the rain, but will get a bit clammy during high-intensity hiking or climbing.

10,000 – 15,000g/m²: Jackets in this range are suited to more adventurous travel or backcountry skiing, but breaking trail through snow or straight uphill might prove too much.

15,000 – 20,000g/m² & above: An extended trip to the hills, trekking in warm climates or otherwise working hard and perspiring heavily will require a jacket this breathable

O normally go for 10k to 15k stuff and ive gone down to -20 wearing it on the mountains

Guess what im saying is rap up well with right clothes no batteries need...... that and some hand warmers in the pockets for emergencies

Hope this helps good buddy

miss ya humor

MN
Thanks, mate, but I don't think it will be any good for her. It's for when she's mainly in her bedroom. The waistcoat will warm the parts that gives her the most pain, but also keep her warm.

The other day when I went in to see her, the central heating was on, the electric heater was on, and she was still cold. I was bollock naked walking around.

The idea is that she can wear it and keep warm for longer, but I don't want the risk of a fire from using the wrong charger, or buying what I think I need rather than what I actually need. Some jackets I've looked at mention 5v 2a power packs.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Inactive account (Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:21 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”