Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Easy way to pop seeds

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Easy way to pop seeds

Post by GMO »

TerpBurglar wrote: โ†‘
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:59 pm
Yes that was the episode. People must think "look at this noob drifter coming in to our forum telling us how to grow" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚โœŒ
Not at all buddy. everyone is welcome to there way of doing things here. i was just trynna clarify what convo it was

i do appreciate you sharing your experience as thats exactly what this place is for
โ€œIf you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.โ€ -Albert Einstein

mrming

Post by mrming »

7/7 using paper towel method, its just so simple that's why i use it.
:puff puff: :puff puff:

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

Thanks for the advice and kind words guys and Momma bear. I'd thumbs up half of these comments but it seems to have disappeared.
For those who have the paper towel method dialled in that's all good guys, but for anyone who still struggles with killing the odd one or two the plug method seems pretty bullet proof, especially for transferring fragile autos โœŒ๐Ÿ˜Ž

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Paper towel for me too.

Used to use jiffy pellet with some good success rates before..this time I forgot to squeeze the water out of them for some reason and chucked 3 seeds due to mould.

Paper towel has been 100% for me, by far the easiest and less chance of any mould

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

The way I pop seeds is putting them in a shot glass full of water for 24-48hrs in little light then pre soak cube with 2.1Ec. 2 days later normal see the the seedlings
Where the salts go, the water will follow

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

wutang wrote: โ†‘
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:24 am
Paper towel for me too.

Used to use jiffy pellet with some good success rates before..this time I forgot to squeeze the water out of them for some reason and chucked 3 seeds due to mould.

Paper towel has been 100% for me, by far the easiest and less chance of any mould
Maybe the coco ones are a bit different. I just leave them in a bit of water for 5 mins no squeeze involved, then I just spray them with water after a day or 2 if it feels dry and hasn't popped up yet. Maybe coco is a bit easier and more forgiving but I've never tried the peat ones personally

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

A topic that makes me cry and pray good thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

I do enjoy seeing people botch the seed start from time to time myself :)
Nothing wrong with the classic method you got, or the paper towel imo. I've gotten so lazy I now leave the seeds in water until they sprout... People say it will cause dormancy leaving the seed completely in water, or will begin to rot and ferment. I however have had 100% since doing so. I can't recall any of my seeds in the last few years that didn't pop through the water then paper towel method, but i had gotten tired of doing that and wanted to cut a step out. I've even read where they HAVE to get oxygen to pop and being under water doesn't allow that.. eh it's lies!! Honestly was going to bring this up soon on podcast to see peoples thoughts on this. Thanks for the fun topic, and glad you enjoy the podcast pal!
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

TerpBurglar wrote: โ†‘
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 am
Maybe coco is a bit easier and more forgiving but I've never tried the peat ones personally
Yes 100% for sure it is
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

camkush wrote: โ†‘
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:16 pm
I do enjoy seeing people botch the seed start from time to time myself :)
Nothing wrong with the classic method you got, or the paper towel imo. I've gotten so lazy I now leave the seeds in water until they sprout... People say it will cause dormancy leaving the seed completely in water, or will begin to rot and ferment. I however have had 100% since doing so. I can't recall any of my seeds in the last few years that didn't pop through the water then paper towel method, but i had gotten tired of doing that and wanted to cut a step out. I've even read where they HAVE to get oxygen to pop and being under water doesn't allow that.. eh it's lies!! Honestly was going to bring this up soon on podcast to see peoples thoughts on this. Thanks for the fun topic, and glad you enjoy the podcast pal!
I've got to agree with you there mate. I've left them in a cup of water for 3 days and never had problems. Same with the paper towel/coffee filter method too. My problems are always once I put it into the big pot with autos. The little coco puck makes that stage seamless.
Nice to speak to you anyway dude, I've listened to you for hours and hours over the last couple of months and you have some awesome stories and points of view. Not to sound like too much of a kiss arse but you and GMO almost got me starstruck lol. Momma bear, TAO, me old flower, Keeno, invisible sun, Raptor are awesome too, even Kbag ๐Ÿ˜„ โœŒ

Return to โ€œGeneral Growers & Cannabis Discussionโ€