Invisible Sun LED - The Clone Wars Competition

King of the indoor jungle
Invisible Sun

Re: Invisible Sun LED - The Clone Wars Competition

Post by Invisible Sun »

Momma bear wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:48 pm
Oh wow how cool is this!! My tents full so no room for clones currently but this is great! Thank ya
You don't need to do be cloning at the time

Just give us a step by step guide with a few pics.

👍
These users thanked the author Invisible Sun for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:09 pm) • GMO (Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:49 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:46 pm)
For further information on our products please visit our website www.invisiblesunled.co.uk

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

I use a Green Qube 60 tent and ISH72c light. The T5 is only used when it's too cold. Luckily not very often.
For the clones I use Root riots and Clonex gel. To take the cutting a small sharp pair of nail scissors.Image
I normally go for the lower branches. Cut at an angle on a node and dip in Clonex.
Into a propagater with lid on.
Keep that just below light and spray 3/4 times a day. For the spray I use whatevers in the veg tank with 1ml per litre of Atami Bcuzz.
PH6 and 800ppm.Image
Gets some nice roots on tomato plants Image
I grow the clones on and transfer to 2 litres pots with hydroton.ImageImageImage
It's amazing what 26w will grow.
I always have the timer on 18/6 for seedlings and clones.
For rooting regs can take as little as 6 days and for female more like 10 days
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 8):
Keeno (Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:37 pm) • Invisible Sun (Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:09 pm) • GMO (Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:47 pm) • sir-scrogalot (Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:03 pm) • sybarite (Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:22 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:05 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:46 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:13 pm)

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

Nice guides from the entries so far. It's good to see how others do it.
These users thanked the author sir-scrogalot for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:30 pm) • ncrypta.core (Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:36 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:05 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:47 pm)
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I fill my small pot with coco and soask with a low EC feed.

I chop a clone from plant and if i have cloning gel/powder at hand I'll dip end in that before potting it up, lots i just dont bother with that, both ways work fine.

I then foliar spray my plant with water and a few drops of washing up liquid per ltr.

After that i get me half of a 2ltr bottle of pop, spray inside and then stick it over the clone.

Stick that under my 100watter invisible sun led which is turned down to lowest setting.

I leave em alone and dont touch again till they are rooted through which is usually about 2 weeks later, but if i see one drooping ill just spray them and indide bottle again, which really never happens

Success rate is very high.

Here's a few more I've done

Here`s couple I've recently done

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Here`s another way that I've used once or twice in Summer when im being lazy. Basically i just chop a clone from plant stick it in a small bottle thats coloured glass if possible and bottom 2 or 3cm of clone goes in water straight out of cold water tap.

I stick the bottle on toilet windowsill in Summer sun and change water daily you can get away changing every few days but i found they root slower.

Ten to 14 days later you`ve got roots appearing in bottle. Just pot it up and jobs a good en.

This is quickest way I've seen cuttings root but its not as successful as the first way i do them in my post

Only got this picture but im sure you get jist of it.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 7):
Keeno (Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:04 pm) • Invisible Sun (Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:30 pm) • sybarite (Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:22 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:05 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:47 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:13 pm) • kbag (Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:22 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

Some good entries here. Keep them coming 💪👍
These users thanked the author Invisible Sun for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:40 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:49 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

I usually take three cuts from each of four plants from lower branches just before flipping to flower while I lollipop (defoliate below the canopy). I cut them from the base with clean scissors, transfer them to a clean wooden chopping board where I slice them again at a 45 degree angle with a sterile scalpel blade or similar, leaving about three or four nodes on, then cut the tips of the lower leaves off with scissors about halfway so they aren't flopping all over the place, then dip the cut stem in Clonex poured into a small, separate container to avoid contaminating the Clonex, then transfer the cuttings into the holes in jiffy peat plugs that have been thoroughly hydrated with filtered water (filtered is non-essential unless growing in living soil) with about 50% of the moisture squeezed out, then leave those in a propagator with air vents closed, tilt the lid up once a day and spray-mist upwards into the lid of the propagator (rather than directly on the clones) with filtered water for about ten days to two weeks, sometimes faster in summer, sometimes longer in winter. I rarely bother opening air vents in the propagators because cuttings don't always all root at the same time, but I harden them off by taking them straight out as soon as they've rooted, then leave them out in the cupboard under the same low light for a few days.

I have heated propagators but rarely switch them on, as I find it dries out the jiffy plugs too fast and doesn’t seem to make a huge difference.

I used to have them under 2 x SunBlaster T5 on 18/6 day/night schedule in my DIY stealth-ish clone/auto cupboard above the khazi, but since the energy price rises I’ve been keeping them quite close to my Invisible Sun ISH100 BR that’s dimmed to about 5-10w and it works fine. I sometimes supplement with an Invisible Sun ISH UVA if rooting still isn’t happening after 2 weeks.

I have a pretty high success rate but find it’s dependent on strain - some root better than others. I think it’s best if the cuts are from fairly sturdy, slightly woody (not too bendy) branches, but I don’t like pulling them from near the top, so I try to get away with weaker lower branches, which aren’t always the easiest to root.

Once healthy white roots are showing I transfer into 3” pots containing living soil.

These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:17 am) • Invisible Sun (Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:45 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:44 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:06 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:49 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:13 pm)

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

Excellent entries so far. Who's next ?
These users thanked the author Invisible Sun for the post (total 2):
sybarite (Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:45 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:50 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

sybarite wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:14 am
I usually take three cuts from each of four plants from lower branches just before flipping to flower while I lollipop (defoliate below the canopy). I cut them from the base with clean scissors, transfer them to a clean wooden chopping board where I slice them again at a 45 degree angle with a sterile scalpel blade or similar, leaving about three or four nodes on, then cut the tips of the lower leaves off with scissors about halfway so they aren't flopping all over the place, then dip the cut stem in Clonex poured into a small, separate container to avoid contaminating the Clonex, then transfer the cuttings into the holes in jiffy peat plugs that have been thoroughly hydrated with filtered water (filtered is non-essential unless growing in living soil) with about 50% of the moisture squeezed out, then leave those in a propagator with air vents closed, tilt the lid up once a day and spray-mist upwards into the lid of the propagator (rather than directly on the clones) with filtered water for about ten days to two weeks, sometimes faster in summer, sometimes longer in winter. I rarely bother opening air vents in the propagators because cuttings don't always all root at the same time, but I harden them off by taking them straight out as soon as they've rooted, then leave them out in the cupboard under the same low light for a few days.

I have heated propagators but rarely switch them on, as I find it dries out the jiffy plugs too fast and doesn’t seem to make a huge difference.

I used to have them under 2 x SunBlaster T5 on 18/6 day/night schedule in my DIY stealth-ish clone/auto cupboard above the khazi, but since the energy price rises I’ve been keeping them quite close to my Invisible Sun ISH100 BR that’s dimmed to about 5-10w and it works fine. I sometimes supplement with an Invisible Sun ISH UVA if rooting still isn’t happening after 2 weeks.

I have a pretty high success rate but find it’s dependent on strain - some root better than others. I think it’s best if the cuts are from fairly sturdy, slightly woody (not too bendy) branches, but I don’t like pulling them from near the top, so I try to get away with weaker lower branches, which aren’t always the easiest to root.

Once healthy white roots are showing I transfer into 3” pots containing living soil.

I’m in love with your stealth cupboard mate that is excellent!
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 3):
sybarite (Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:45 pm) • Invisible Sun (Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:58 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:50 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Stickylemonz wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:07 pm
sybarite wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:14 am

I’m in love with your stealth cupboard mate that is excellent!
I second this
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 3):
sybarite (Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:31 pm) • Invisible Sun (Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:58 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:51 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Very nice entries everyone.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Jayme Ream (Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:51 pm) • sybarite (Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:29 pm) • Invisible Sun (Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:15 pm)

Return to “Invisible Sun LED”