Fixed banner area

Our resident dev experts very own corner of the forum. A place to find Mintys mods and workloads.
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Fixed banner area

Post by Minty »

How about something like the following - Very rough knock up - rather than the breadcrumb???
image.png
Or maybe even lose the links in the bottom toolbar as they are not really used that often, Anyone?

Personally If I want Gallery or ACP, MCP etc I scroll up to the side bar. The store can get a dedicated sponsor position and the rest doesn't really need to be sticky on every page? What does everyone else think?

I just thought the breadcrumb was more useful but if the search is being used then fair play. I personally don't use the search because it fucking SUCKS!! You can't search for words less than 4 characters. I wanna find advice on PK, fucking PH, EC,PPM, all fucking shit I can't find - fucking annoying but we are limited by the hosting on this one...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Keeno wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm
the whole top is there?
i didnt realise the breadcrumb was a home button too. i was talking the logo
Minty wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 pm
Or maybe even lose the links in the bottom toolbar as they are not really used that often, Anyone?

Personally If I want Gallery or ACP, MCP etc I scroll up to the side bar. The store can get a dedicated sponsor position and the rest doesn't really need to be sticky on every page? What does everyone else think?
yeah thats kinda what i thought tbh. could the controls panels be in a drop down under the avitar on the right? store and poker etc hidden in the quick links drop down?
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Minty (Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:03 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:00 pm
yeah thats kinda what i thought tbh. could the controls panels be in a drop down under the avitar on the right? store and poker etc hidden in the quick links drop down?
Yep, if that is what works for everyone, I would be willing to put in a couple of days to implement it. What does everyone else think?

@Bulls @Keeno @Nanook - paging the admins but obviously feedback is more than welcome from everyone here as we all have to use it??

Not saying anything is permanent, if we change it and find we don't like it we can change it again etc. just trying to move forwards in a direction that works for the majority. I appreciate not everyone will like all the changes and some people are just gonna have to deal with it - but if we can let's get a consensus, most people will get used to what works for the majority once they get used to it.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

@gmo do you mean move the whole top nav bar to a drop down menu and leave the bread crumbs?
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
GMO (Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Keeno wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:16 pm
@gmo do you mean move the whole top nav bar to a drop down menu and leave the bread crumbs?
check the image minty posted a lil further up. just the forum logo on the left instead of the breadcrumbs and the bottom navi bar in that image could be hidden
image.png
Minty (Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Minty wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 pm
How about something like the following - Very rough knock up - rather than the breadcrumb???

image.png

I just thought the breadcrumb was more useful but if the search is being used then fair play. I personally don't use the search because it fucking SUCKS!! You can't search for words less than 4 characters. I wanna find advice on PK, fucking PH, EC,PPM, all fucking shit I can't find - fucking annoying but we are limited by the hosting on this one...
@Keeno that one kinda

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

ahhh fuck it. im shit :lol:

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

@GMO @Minty yes thst could work. So just loose the links on the bottom bar into quick links. It does thst anyway depending on size so I'm sure minty can sort it.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:34 pm) • Minty (Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:45 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:19 pm
@Keeno that one kinda
GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 pm
ahhh fuck it. im shit
Sorry that is my bad, I use that quick 'Coffee-Pasta' for images that I don't care about - just clipboard copy & paste them in.. but not so easily quoted (which I think is a nice feature) Apparently this feature is not open to everyone @Keeno ? Otherwise I would have mentioned it...

Anyway I think we can sort something out with the top banner which will be basically a single line (to save screen space) with the logo for a home button, a search text box, and the rest as either direct links (profile) or quick links in a drop down menu.

I will knock up a design and we can see what we all think.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
GMO (Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Sorry I am a bit lost now with the last request and strugglign to follow? At the moemnt I am way happier as we have the floating links on the top of the page which really help me navigate quicker through the forum. On Firefox Mozilla is working great, only Gallery is a bit hidden away and doesn't fit the screen

Return to “Mintys Nerdy Corner”