GR420 Does A Light Every 2 Weeks #11

All of the competitions being held for Growroom420's Birthday!
Joshuaarr420

Re: GR420 Does A Light Every 2 Weeks #10

Post by Joshuaarr420 »

So the fuse in my oscillating fan went in my tent so me being me put the wrong fuse back in so it fired back up, but went super quick then started sparking blue sparks the went Bang i shit my pants and nearly run out my shed 😂😂✌🏻
These users thanked the author Joshuaarr420 for the post (total 4):
Wayne36 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:59 am) • bigbadbillybob (Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:31 am) • TommyT (Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:11 pm) • MrNice (Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:59 pm)

Nom
Known User

Re: GR420 Does A Light Every 2 Weeks #10

Post by Nom »

This has been my best yet.....
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7435

Tore down my entire grow, killed all my plants and nearly fell out of the loft hatch when I did the smoke test and the attic filled with smoke. Only to find my cleaning rags and wire wool hiding behind a pirate ship in the bathroom. I sheepishly admit there was no smell, just my stupidity
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 4):
Wayne36 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:00 am) • bigbadbillybob (Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:32 am) • TommyT (Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:12 pm) • Josh (Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:43 pm)

flip
Known User

Re: GR420 Does A Light Every 2 Weeks #11

Post by flip »

No serious mishaps yet, although the stupidest thing I've done was the other day, where I dimmed the lights to take insta photos, then forgot to turn them back up for two days. What a boob.
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

GrowGlow

Post by GrowGlow »

I seriously overwatered my 10 gal pots on my first attempt using them. I foolishly thought I could just double the time or amount needed based on my 5 gal grows. Two out of four plants didn’t make it and is now fermenting in a jar, my attempt at cannabis FFJ (Fermented Fruit/Plant Juice). So not all is lost but I sure hate myself for it lol
These users thanked the author GrowGlow for the post:
MrNice (Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 pm)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

2 of us had a outdoor grow in a field next to work,just a couple plants to water.me being me not knowing at the time I thought I would get buzzed and ate a whole fresh bud,,needless to say it didn't work but tasted like crap
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
MrNice (Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 pm)

Post by Guest »

My 1st ever grow was a blue dream photo from Barneys Farm. I remember popping just the one seed and looking back I am very glad I did! My now small .6M veg tent became the home for my small little seedling under a Mars eco 60W! I remember the red and purple glow of those little things and every time I unzipped the tent it was like opening a portal to some sort of Red Light District, I'd be looking over my shoulder half the way through an anxiety attack hearing the helicopter now flying over head :ak: hoping no one had seen any leaks of light. I now have all leaks through every nook and cranny covered up in an attemot to ensure no one see's anything. Anyway, coming into summer that year we had a heat wave, 2018 I think. Well the plant was doing well, growing a little slow, but I was in soil with a bat mix in. The poor thing clawed up in the 40 degree heat so it ended up outside. Well this was my reason for later buying a UPVC greenhouse. I chose one with green webbing through it to conceal which started to be a monster in size. I found the rain come and the day after she would have a massive growth spurt and when she started to flower, she grew even bigger. Now crowding my small greenhouse, I ended up putting somem ratten sort of stuff with fake chilli's on, all hung up to try conceal what was in there.

I eneded up having every bug I could think of on that plant, I then had bud rot, plus powedery mildew. I had everything I could possibly research for online. I really wish I had saved pictures and a proper diary of that grow as I'd never heard of GR420 before washing all those buds and taking 3 weeks to dry them in November!!!! :lol: But! It is what lead me to this place, as I seeked more help I heard Keeno and others on the Cheap Home Grow Podcast and is what brought me here to write this today. Very glad of that awful experience too, as I love the thought of having everyone here as a second home :oik!: :bye: :Stoned: :drama:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
TTL (Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:37 pm) • MrNice (Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:57 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Story. Disasters, accidents.... Let’s hear em

Ok this spider mite disaster story

A good friend said could I have a look at his plants threes some think wrong going down
So i popped round to take a look and said you’ve got spider mites bro he’s like O shit what should i do.

I said first things first let’s see if we can wash as many of those fookers off in the shower he’s got four plants about 1.5 tall each and in early flower.

My mates has a shower wet room upstairs so not a problem dragged the plants to the bathroom
He starts showering the plants on the insane setting on the shower head where it feels like needles hitting your skin on full blast

I remember watching him wash them like one of those car wash rollers twisting the plant round like you see the rollers do on your car I was pissing myself laughing saying “that’s one way to do it”

Well all was going well till we heard the fire alarm in the kitchen go off was like what

We go down stairs now to the kitchen to find water pissing out the fire alarm and the kitchen light my mates like fuck

By the time he tries to go to the fuse board all the electrics trip and we now in pitch black

I’m like don’t worry ill sort the electrics out so mange to isolate the fire alarm and leave the kitchen light dangling on its cable so we can get the power back on.

Now the powers back on we look in the kitchen to see a small water fall coming out the kitchen ceiling we like o shit that’s not good as this is a rented house.

We get some buckets to catch the runoff and go back upstairs to finish the last two plants
So finish those and leave them drip drying in the bathroom them pop down the shop to get some skins

But when we return the problems got worse as part of the kitchen ceiling is now sitting on the kitchen table and floor the mess was unbelievable dust and wet crap everywhere.

Lucky we have mates that can sort this out so he’s landlord will never know LOL

Lesson learnt don’t power wash ya plants in a wet room upstairs ...............LOL

I still chuckle when I’m round there saying hey remember the spider mites
We both start laughing never again

MrNice
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Guest (Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:33 pm)

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

well not a long story but
ive had a few blunders in the groom ,, one day in particular comes to mind , i was still working nights and had come home and went to check on plants and feed before bed , so i watered and zipped the tent up ,,,

well what i had did was left pump line laying out of the bucket , with syphon effect my rez had dumped out a good 4 litres of water onto upstairs bedroom floor , i woke up to the sound of water dripping , didnt think much at first untill i went downstairs and i could still hear water ,, i ran back up to realize the water had run down through the wall dripping downstairs inside the all ,, rushing to get in the tent and have a look a wacked my head on the parabolic giving myself a nice slice to the head ..
i have since foolded the same way by forgetting to pull line up , but second tine was in basement where there in a floor drain
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:54 pm) • MrNice (Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:55 pm)
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

WaxJess
TTL
BBBB
Paleo
G3
Wayne36
TommyT
Joshuuaarr420
Nomoli
Flip
Growglow
JJ
DIY.Rik
MrNicePickle Rik

Winner to be announced this evening on the Friday Night Hangout. Good Luck!
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Guest (Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:11 pm)

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

thanks growroom and ISH , she will be put to good use rebuilding the grow room , thanks a million
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post (total 5):
Mrs Beefheart (Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:59 am) • Nom (Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:48 am) • Joshuaarr420 (Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:03 am) • Guest (Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:56 am) • PaleoCannabica (Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:39 am)

Return to “GR420 3rd Birthday Competitions”