Living soil kits

GHO is a supplier of organic soil amendments and stimulants.
GHO

Re: Living soil kits

Post by GHO »

I'm currently working on chitinase research when time permits to better understand the various facets of the process. Probably be Christmas before I've time to put a piece together to go on here but when I do get time I'll start uploading more info.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 2):
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm) • Guest (Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:00 pm)

The Supreme Weeder

Post by The Supreme Weeder »

Image of the kit. Image

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author The Supreme Weeder for the post (total 3):
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm) • PaleoCannabica (Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 pm) • Guest (Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:00 pm)
I haven't been this excited since my last rocket test!

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

So with regards growing Ganja, would one of these kits in say 25/30l pot be ok for say 5/6 weeks then the amendment to keep it going till the end of flower?
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Have you thought about offering a soil testing service I’m not who does this or how was wondering if it’s a possibility?, would be cool if after running for maybe 4 cycles or whatever it was possible to test the soil and resolve any deficiencies.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Hi buddy, as a vegetable gardener I couldn't say for certain re the kind of herbs you are growing but, in theory there should be enough nutrition for that length of time. As mentioned previously, they were launched in multiples of 25l as some people are using small pots. The castings alone should have enough nutrition for most plants for 5-6 weeks. the issue as I see it is whether the pot can sustain the microbial life in such small volumes which is why I think you may need an occasional tea or something to reinvigorate or refresh the microorganisms.
These soil kits are a long term solution and the re-amendment is to ensure consistent levels of organic matter, minerals and micro nutrients for the microbial life to do their thing with rather than straight plant nutrition.
I'd highly recommend use of barley and cover crops whatever size you do. The advantages they bring are becoming fairly well known.

Will this work in a 25 litre pot, yes with some extra work and monitoring. A forty litre is what I'd suggest as a minimum, 50 litre is my recommendation. I've priced it so that 50L is the same price as everyone else's 40-42.5l packs and the inclusion of fresh castings where most systems seem to be using a combination of Coco and peat should give you an edge. I've never tested in smaller pots as the guidance is 40+L / 10+ gallons so I couldn't give you a definitive answer. I hope that makes sense buddy. A few of the chaps here have run smaller pots though from what I've seen and it does sound like they work for it a little.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:44 pm) • B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

IMO wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 pm
Have you thought about offering a soil testing service I’m not who does this or how was wondering if it’s a possibility?, would be cool if after running for maybe 4 cycles or whatever it was possible to test the soil and resolve any deficiencies.
I'll be looking into that in the new year buddy. I'll let you know how viable it is after proper investigation.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 3):
IMO (Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:51 pm) • B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm) • GMO (Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

GHO wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi buddy, as a vegetable gardener I couldn't say for certain re the kind of herbs you are growing but, in theory there should be enough nutrition for that length of time. As mentioned previously, they were launched in multiples of 25l as some people are using small pots. The castings alone should have enough nutrition for most plants for 5-6 weeks. the issue as I see it is whether the pot can sustain the microbial life in such small volumes which is why I think you may need an occasional tea or something to reinvigorate or refresh the microorganisms.
These soil kits are a long term solution and the re-amendment is to ensure consistent levels of organic matter, minerals and micro nutrients for the microbial life to do their thing with rather than straight plant nutrition.
I'd highly recommend use of barley and cover crops whatever size you do. The advantages they bring are becoming fairly well known.

Will this work in a 25 litre pot, yes with some extra work and monitoring. A forty litre is what I'd suggest as a minimum, 50 litre is my recommendation. I've priced it so that 50L is the same price as everyone else's 40-42.5l packs and the inclusion of fresh castings where most systems seem to be using a combination of Coco and peat should give you an edge. I've never tested in smaller pots as the guidance is 40+L / 10+ gallons so I couldn't give you a definitive answer. I hope that makes sense buddy. A few of the chaps here have run smaller pots though from what I've seen and it does sound like they work for it a little.
Thanks for the reply I’m sure more info will be available once a few of us have done a few runs with it.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm) • GHO (Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:42 pm)

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

GHO wrote:Hi buddy, as a vegetable gardener I couldn't say for certain re the kind of herbs you are growing but, in theory there should be enough nutrition for that length of time. As mentioned previously, they were launched in multiples of 25l as some people are using small pots. The castings alone should have enough nutrition for most plants for 5-6 weeks. the issue as I see it is whether the pot can sustain the microbial life in such small volumes which is why I think you may need an occasional tea or something to reinvigorate or refresh the microorganisms.

This makes perfect sense to myself regarding pot size
I've made or mixed my own soil with amendments and on paper everything should be great but in reality it just doesn't seem to cut the mustard in a 20ltr pot. The pots seem a bit hit and miss one will work perfectly and another will struggle.
My raised bed with the same soil just works and works. The pots and raised bed get treated the same .
Four girls different stages of flowering and one bed

I'll be making another bed or two for my future grows .

Just to pick your brains a bit GHO what's your thoughts on a good old fashioned nettle tea ??????

from a green and pleasant land
These users thanked the author B.G. for the post:
GHO (Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:42 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

B.G. wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm
GHO wrote:Hi buddy, as a vegetable gardener I couldn't say for certain re the kind of herbs you are growing but, in theory there should be enough nutrition for that length of time. As mentioned previously, they were launched in multiples of 25l as some people are using small pots. The castings alone should have enough nutrition for most plants for 5-6 weeks. the issue as I see it is whether the pot can sustain the microbial life in such small volumes which is why I think you may need an occasional tea or something to reinvigorate or refresh the microorganisms.

This makes perfect sense to myself regarding pot size
I've made or mixed my own soil with amendments and on paper everything should be great but in reality it just doesn't seem to cut the mustard in a 20ltr pot. The pots seem a bit hit and miss one will work perfectly and another will struggle.
My raised bed with the same soil just works and works. The pots and raised bed get treated the same .
Four girls different stages of flowering and one bed

I'll be making another bed or two for my future grows .

Just to pick your brains a bit GHO what's your thoughts on a good old fashioned nettle tea ??????

from a green and pleasant land
That sounds about right mate. Probably the difference is how far the ingredients have circulated as we don't mix as well as machines so perhaps uneven distribution. No biggie in a bed but in a pot....

Tbh I don't really mess with teas mate, I've barely the time to do everything else I do. But I'm working on supply of ingredients for people that do use teas. I'll let you know how that goes.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 pm)

The Shanchez

Post by The Shanchez »

:roll: nice
These users thanked the author The Shanchez for the post (total 2):
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 pm) • GHO (Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:42 pm)
:bang head: Be Fucking WEIRD....
:pass: Be Fucking HAPPY....
:rock: Be Fucking GRATEFUL....
:puff puff: Be Fucking POSITIVE....
:lol: Be Fucking OPEN MINDED....

Return to “GHO's Organic Corner”