Living soil kits

GHO is a supplier of organic soil amendments and stimulants.
GHO

Re: Living soil kits

Post by GHO »

I've plenty in pal does the site say I'm out?

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

GHO wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:32 pm
I've plenty in pal does the site say I'm out?
Yea I think it did when I checked earlier
These users thanked the author flip for the post:
GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:42 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

GHO

Post by GHO »

flip wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:49 pm
Hey GHO, will you be getting any more 1 litre MBP in stock soon as I would like to include in my order of one of these kits. Thanks!

P. S. Get on some GHO t shirts! Your logo rules!
Just double checked and the inventory wasn't updated. All sorted now pal so go for it.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
flip (Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:42 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

flip wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:49 pm
Get on some GHO t shirts! Your logo rules!
It'll come at some point in the new year, for now I'm concentrating on the products making sure everything is just so!
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
flip (Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:42 pm)

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

Thank you friend!

If i mix one of these and apply the top dressing, are they happy to be left for a few months before planting?
These users thanked the author flip for the post:
GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:21 pm)

Post by Guest »

GHO wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 pm
Tictok wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm
GHO wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 am

Speak to GMO buddy, he's got it on test at the moment. You'll need to re-amend just as you go into flower buddy but other than that add water. As with all these things you can go as into it as you like but if you're using 40l it's not going to need much, general consensus is that 50 litres is perfect. If you grow in 25 you'll have work to do as that's not large enough for it to be fully self sustaining but I'm offering 25 multiples as I recognise a lot of guys like that size.
Myself I like to use biostimulants and barley powder to get the best out of it. All of which is on the site.
Great news on these kits. I use your MBF already just to boost the biocanna soil I'm using. There's been a real difference IMO.

Size obviously matters (!) but if there are space issues and you can only do the 25ltr size, is there a prescribed list if amendments that you would need to add to keep things going and what sort of schedule would you use with them?
Glad it's working for you @Tictok. I haven't run tests in 25L pots buddy because I know that's too small
for it to work correctly but I'd consider using a weekly top dress of worm castings to be on the safe side and possibly a comfrey tea or something similar. I've noticed there are a couple of guys on the forum doing teas such as @DIY.Rik you could talk to.

If there's anything I can do drop me a pm.
I shared my tea recipe on here. I can always find it?

It's all pretty simple really. It's the checking it that is hard, how to know what microbes you've cultured. As long as you get a good source of ingredients then I can't see a problem with it harming the plants, mine have seemd to be fine with them. I see difference in growth most days so I'm happy enough.

I'd love a microscope 🔬 but they can be expensive, I suspect trying to research the microbes would be pretty pain staking anyway. All good fun though.

I took information from 3 or so sources for the tea, in fact here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5745

@Elijahgrowz started the post.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
Elijah Growz (Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:42 pm) • GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:27 pm) • Tictok (Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

GHO

Post by GHO »

flip wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:05 pm
Thank you friend!

If i mix one of these and apply the top dressing, are they happy to be left for a few months before planting?
Yes mate that will be fine. I've just put a re-amendment kit on the site as well, you can use this mid cycle to add some fresh nutrients and minerals to the mix giving the microbes something to work on.
I wil say that if you're mixing it early to get it well established don't forget to keep the soil moist.

GHO

Post by GHO »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:36 pm
GHO wrote:
Tictok wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Great news on these kits. I use your MBF already just to boost the biocanna soil I'm using. There's been a real difference IMO.

Size obviously matters (!) but if there are space issues and you can only do the 25ltr size, is there a prescribed list if amendments that you would need to add to keep things going and what sort of schedule would you use with them?
Glad it's working for you @Tictok. I haven't run tests in 25L pots buddy because I know that's too small
for it to work correctly but I'd consider using a weekly top dress of worm castings to be on the safe side and possibly a comfrey tea or something similar. I've noticed there are a couple of guys on the forum doing teas such as @DIY.Rik you could talk to.

It's all pretty simple really. It's the checking it that is hard, how to know what microbes you've cultured. As long as you get a good source of ingredients then I can't see a problem with it harming the plants, mine have seemd to be fine with them. I see difference in growth most days so I'm happy enough.

I'd love a microscope 🔬 but they can be expensive, I suspect trying to research the microbes would be pretty pain staking anyway. All good fun though.

That's brilliant mate. As you've no doubt gathered I stay away from teas as I don't feel I need them using large pots. But, if someone is going below 40 litres I'm sure they'll need them.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:55 pm) • Tictok (Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 am)

Post by Guest »

GHO wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:36 pm
GHO wrote:

That's brilliant mate. As you've no doubt gathered I stay away from teas as I don't feel I need them using large pots. But, if someone is going below 40 litres I'm sure they'll need them.
Yeah I've got one plant in a 15L pot and it needs some more umph. May need to give it another tea. I did hear about mixing some insect frass with the barley powder. The cytokynins or something? I can never remember them, not yet lol?

I'm wandering if a tea mixed with these may be beneficial 🤔
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm) • Tictok (Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 am)

GHO

Post by GHO »

The barley chitinase breaks down the chitin in the frass into the small chitin components that the plant can actually use. Plants do produce chitinases on their own once in contact with pathogens but having it in the barley means it's more quickly available to the plant.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 2):
B.G. (Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm) • The Shanchez (Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:39 am)

Return to “GHO's Organic Corner”