Living soil kits

GHO is a supplier of organic soil amendments and stimulants.
GHO

Living soil kits

Post by GHO »

Morning all, lots going on at GHO hq today as I'm about to list the living soil kits I've been promising on our site.
Letting you all know we'll be ready to post kits from Monday.
Kits are in multiples of 25 litres as although I'd encourage you to use a minimum 40 litre pot, lots of people like 25s and I'd say a 50 performs best. The idea with the kits is to provide a decent entry price rather than you having to buy a kilo of everything plus mediums which raises the bar to buy everything in.
When the kit arrives, you mix it together add water, and put it in your tent for 7-10 days to get it to room temperature and the biology can settle in. A good way to check this will be to check soil temps after two days, these will likely be slightly elevated as ingredients begin to break down and it's ready for planting as soon as it drops level with grow room temperature.
Kits will include:
8 Litres fresh earth worm castings
8 Litres 6.8 pH sphagnum peat moss mix
8 Litres buck wheat hulls (aeration)
Neem meal
Seaweed meal
Black soldier fly frass
Greensand
Soft rock phosphate
250g bokashi
Gypsum
Oystershell

Price is £17.50 minus your growroom discount plus postage. Meaning a 50 litre kit will be £35 RRP. There will be an option to add humic to the kit at a small surcharge.
I'll also be adding an amendment kit to the site and adjusting prices now my stock is arriving in bulk to share the savings with the customers.

I'd recommend using a cover crop from the off guys. I see these as a scaffold for your top layer of soil inhibiting evaporation, capturing nitrogen from the air, and helping your watering spread evenly as it grows out.
Pictures to follow.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 16):
TTL (Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:52 am) • flip (Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:53 am) • Norseman (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:44 am) • Keeno (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 am) • camkush (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 am) • B.G. (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 am) • Marcus (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 am) • 2-Scoops (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am) • Sage (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:34 am) • Tictok (Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:08 pm) • IMO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:12 pm) • Hydro (Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:15 pm) • PaleoCannabica (Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 pm) • Son Goku XD (Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:23 pm) • KD (Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:17 pm) • Rubbered (Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Living soil kits

Post by Keeno »

I've been looking forward to this@GHO.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 4):
flip (Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 am) • B.G. (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 am) • GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:38 pm) • IMO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:05 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

When you're ready @Keeno we can get you sorted with the soil goodness.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 2):
B.G. (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 am) • Keeno (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 am)

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Sounds absolutely fantastic if you into soil and if not a brilliant way to get into it .
Nice work GHO

from a green and pleasant land
These users thanked the author B.G. for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 am) • GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:50 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

B.G. wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:03 am
Sounds absolutely fantastic if you into soil and if not a brilliant way to get into it .
Nice work GHO

from a green and pleasant land
It really is @B.G.. There's a lot of different things that need looking at for people wanting to get into amended/living soil. Ive not made the jump for this reason. I will be for sure now im able to get a starter kit and see if uts for me before jumping in.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:38 pm) • B.G. (Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:08 am
I'd be interested to see a grow done in this. :oik!:

So is there no need to feed the plant, just add water? Or do we have to muck about bubbling teas and stuff?
Speak to GMO buddy, he's got it on test at the moment. You'll need to re-amend just as you go into flower buddy but other than that add water. As with all these things you can go as into it as you like but if you're using 40l it's not going to need much, general consensus is that 50 litres is perfect. If you grow in 25 you'll have work to do as that's not large enough for it to be fully self sustaining but I'm offering 25 multiples as I recognise a lot of guys like that size.
Myself I like to use biostimulants and barley powder to get the best out of it. All of which is on the site.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
Marcus (Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:03 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

GHO wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 am
Marcus wrote:

So is there no need to feed the plant, just add water? Or do we have to muck about bubbling teas and stuff?
Speak to GMO buddy, he's got it on test at the moment. You'll need to re-amend just as you go into flower buddy but other than that add water. As with all these things you can go as into it as you like but if you're using 40l it's not going to need much, general consensus is that 50 litres is perfect. If you grow in 25 you'll have work to do as that's not large enough for it to be fully self sustaining but I'm offering 25 multiples as I recognise a lot of guys like that size.
Myself I like to use biostimulants and barley powder to get the best out of it. All of which is on the site.
Great news on these kits. I use your MBF already just to boost the biocanna soil I'm using. There's been a real difference IMO.

Size obviously matters (!) but if there are space issues and you can only do the 25ltr size, is there a prescribed list if amendments that you would need to add to keep things going and what sort of schedule would you use with them?

GHO

Post by GHO »

Tictok wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm
GHO wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Great news on these kits. I use your MBF already just to boost the biocanna soil I'm using. There's been a real difference IMO.

Size obviously matters (!) but if there are space issues and you can only do the 25ltr size, is there a prescribed list if amendments that you would need to add to keep things going and what sort of schedule would you use with them?
Glad it's working for you @Tictok. I haven't run tests in 25L pots buddy because I know that's too small
for it to work correctly but I'd consider using a weekly top dress of worm castings to be on the safe side and possibly a comfrey tea or something similar. I've noticed there are a couple of guys on the forum doing teas such as @DIY.Rik you could talk to.

If there's anything I can do drop me a pm.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:26 pm) • Tictok (Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:40 am)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Tictok wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm
GHO wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Also look at the re-amendment kit, adding a good cup at preflower would be advisable and all of this will work well with the malted barley flour.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
Tictok (Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:40 am)

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

Hey GHO, will you be getting any more 1 litre MBP in stock soon as I would like to include in my order of one of these kits. Thanks!

P. S. Get on some GHO t shirts! Your logo rules!
These users thanked the author flip for the post:
GHO (Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:38 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

Return to “GHO's Organic Corner”