LESS IS MORE - new and current products and how to use them.

GHO is a supplier of organic soil amendments and stimulants.
GHO

LESS IS MORE - new and current products and how to use them.

Post by GHO »

Wassup gr420, been mad busy working on new products and talking to Keeno recently made me aware that people may not be sure how to use them on a small scale. I figure this is a good opportunity to stick my head in, say hi and perhaps help out a little. I'll try and keep it low tech so nobody gets bored and drops off.

We'll take the fulvic acid that Keeno is using as a good example of how to approach using my stimulants. The dilution rate works out at half a gram per litre; sounds good right, a 200 gram pack makes 400 litres of diluted ready to use goodness that amongst a myriad of other benefits will bond to the nutrients in your soil/feed/hydro system and make them more available to your plant. Once they're taken up, it helps it move through plants cells more efficiently resulting in faster growth. Anyway I'm not here to talk fulvic directly, more how to approach using my gear.

Now half a gram per litre doesn't sound like much, but this still doesn't convey how far that litre goes. Outdoors I'd be putting that half a gram across 20m2. But we've also got variables here, in soil you'd expect that fulvic to stay in the soil for a period of time doing its thing right. But if you're rocking Coco with a 200 litre tank, don't be chucking 100g in it to hit the dilution ratio. Think about the area that would cover outdoors and the size of your pot(s) in comparison to that. If your tomatoes are going to be drinking this over the course of a few days, go small and work up. Foliar might be easier but every situation is different. In a 50 L tank maybe start out with 5-10 g and move up from there. In a hydro set up this is even more relevant. A concentrated (8%) solution of fulvic is made with 100g in a litre of water, and for soil is diluted at 5ml per litre, for hydro I'd suggest that you'd want to start with 1ml per two litres and move up from there... Forget go big or go home, go small and build up. Save your money, work up and back down on doseage to find what works for you and save pouring it down the drain by using too much for your situation.

This advice goes for all of my solubles and liquids. Everything is designed to go a long way, make the most of that and take it steady.

New product wise there's going to be some new gear dropping shortly. I'll let the forum know first so keep an eye out as it's most definitely coming!
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:46 pm) • Sage (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:30 am) • IMO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:57 am) • Jayme Ream (Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:02 am) • Greenfingers (Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:32 am) • Guest (Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:19 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Re: LESS IS MORE - new and current products and how to use them.

Post by JJ »

Just started this,2 soil,2 hempy,1/2 oz.-gal.
Gorka
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
Jayme Ream (Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:01 am) • GHO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Any good pal?

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

JJ wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:47 pm
Gorka
Use it as a foliar spray as well as a drench. I'm very familiar with Microbe life products. The biggest benefit is in spray as fine a spray as you can top and for sure underneath the leaves. It's a Photo sensitive Microbial that aids in the leaves ability to take in light and convert it. I don't have the materials in front of me but the web sight gives a better explanation. Before GMO drops in with lacto bacteria I'll say he's kinda correct, except there are other strains added for specific effects as well. If your grow is big enough get a fogger to apply instead of spray bottles ect.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 3):
Jayme Ream (Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:02 am) • GMO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:15 am) • GHO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

GHO wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:53 pm
Any good pal?
If you were over here I'd be a frequent customer. You have some outstanding quality amendments all in one place, but shipping kills the deal and I don't expect better lol just wish it was local.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:57 am) • GHO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Sage wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:46 am
GHO wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:53 pm
Any good pal?
If you were over here I'd be a frequent customer. You have some outstanding quality amendments all in one place, but shipping kills the deal and I don't expect better lol just wish it was local.
Story of my life pal, always the bridesmaid eh lol. Seriously the whole international shipping thing is a real pain. I used to send a lot into Europe before brexshit happened and now it's such a hassle that I turn business down as I'm never sure what will get stopped/held due to some silly rule about origins...

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Sage wrote:
JJ wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:47 pm
Gorka
Use it as a foliar spray as well as a drench. I'm very familiar with Microbe life products. The biggest benefit is in spray as fine a spray as you can top and for sure underneath the leaves. It's a Photo sensitive Microbial that aids in the leaves ability to take in light and convert it. I don't have the materials in front of me but the web sight gives a better explanation. Before GMO drops in with lacto bacteria I'll say he's kinda correct, except there are other strains added for specific effects as well. If your grow is big enough get a fogger to apply instead of spray bottles ect.
I was gonna say purple non-sulfur bacteria

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Thanks GHO

LESS IS MORE good philosophy
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:45 pm) • GHO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

in the words of Leighton Morrison; Dont be a "More-on" :oik!:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:44 pm) • GHO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

GMO wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:16 pm
in the words of Leighton Morrison; Dont be a "More-on" :oik!:
I like this will have to remember that when I’m tempted to be a More-on 😂
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:16 pm) • GHO (Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 pm)

Return to “GHO's Organic Corner”