Friday Hangout. June 12th: Where's Bobby and the rest of his stuff?

Over 200 competitions a year from SeedStockers!
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Friday Hangout. June 12th: Where's Bobby and the rest of his stuff?

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:05 am
You cannot blame anyone apart from yourself if you forget to submit again. It happens to me every day
Even now that I know it does it, it still confuses me sometimes so I just keep pressing until there is either two posts or I get a warning that my post does not contain enough characters - this is my confirmation.

For me as a developer, I think that sucks, but I will learn to live with that shit just like you all do.

The fact that we are even talking about it would make it a "BUG - log it on GitHub" in my world.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:33 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:05 am
You cannot blame anyone apart from yourself if you forget to submit again. It happens to me every day
Even now that I know it does it, it still confuses me sometimes so I just keep pressing until there is either two posts or I get a warning that my post does not contain enough characters - this is my confirmation.

For me as a developer, I think that sucks, but I will learn to live with just like you all do.

The fact that we are even talking about it would make it a "BUG - log it on GitHub" in my world.
I've been caught out at times, but more so when it's busy. I just use my back button until I come across the post that didn't post. Then I resend it.

The "does not contain enough characters" is not a bug. It was put there to stop people writing "No" for example.

It's not a bug. I used to work in IT myself before I retired.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:38 am
The "does not contain enough characters" is not a bug. It was put there to stop people writing "No" for example.

It's not a bug. I used to work in IT myself before I retired.
Oh I no it's not a bug mate, it's a feature. I use it all the time. Just to check. I spent about 2 hours writing a personal message to someone and lost the lot with a combination of key strokes!! Feck knows what I did but no amount of Cntl-Z, Undo, back, look at browsers history object, etc helped. I lost the lot.

I now use that handy clipboard feature in Windows 10 and just Cntl-A to select everything, Cntl-C to copy it into history and continue, if I need to go back the shortcut is Windows Key + V and it shows all the clipboard history. You may not want this if you have people living with you ;o) but I live alone so it is useful.

Return to “SeedStockers Competitions”