Friday Hangout 12th June - Lotto!

Over 200 competitions a year from SeedStockers!
weedabix

Re: Friday Hangout 12th June - Lotto!

Post by weedabix »

I'm in the same time zone, just ate and watched Space Force!
Number 21 please!
These users thanked the author weedabix for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:36 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

01 Mrs Beefheart
02 Donkey222
03 Greenfingers
04 sageridder
05 Momma
06 integrajosh
07 G3W2HIN
08 Minty
09 Aspie
10 IMO
11 TTL11
12 Sparks
13 Beef
14 flip
15 Elijahgrowz
16 DazB
17 camkush
18 indianagolfpro
19 DazenConfused
20 Hmr81
21 weedabix
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:34 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Thank you Aspie, Sorry I off course meant the competition organiser when I quoted Keeno but was just trying to quote the main title. Thank you buddy ;o)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:37 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:35 am
Thank you Aspie, Sorry I off course meant the competition organiser when I quoted Keeno but was just trying to quote the main title. Thank you buddy ;o)
No worries.
Are you going to pick a number before they go?

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:37 am
Minty wrote:
No worries.
I got one - my birthday mate - the 8th (of Jan if you wanna send me a card)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:46 pm
Here here
It's Captain that still need to pick one - nudge nudge Captain mate.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:53 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:37 am
Minty wrote:
No worries.
I got one - my birthday mate - the 8th (of Jan if you wanna send me a card)
So you were complaining for the sake of complaining. :/
I didn't check to see if you had chosen a spot beforehand. I assumed you had missed out because of the time zones.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 am) • Elijah Growz (Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:50 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:09 am
I didn't check to see if you had chosen a spot beforehand. I assumed you had missed out because of the time zones.
I wasn't complaining mate, it was totally meant as just good feed back. But I do personally struggle to express myself (I'm a developer, I talk binary, what do you expect) and often come across as the KNOB HEAD at work and IRL because my feedback naturally sounds grumpy. I don't even know I do it most of the time. I appologise ahead of time to anyone who just read that and talks to me later.

To be honest mate, I noticed how Josh just made it in and because he is in a different time zone he always 'just' makes it in, and that is if he makes it at all (and to be fair he is coming here on Friday to join the live chat) so I considered all the other people in different time zones, and thought it would be an easy solution to increase the available slots. As long as it is filled by next Friday I don't see any problem with having it say 1 - 50 with a rollover or something if in lands on one that wasn't selected. Basically just trying to give everyone a chance.

It certainly wasn't a complaint mate and I apologise if you thought it was. I am pretty sure I can speak for everyone and say how much these competitions are appreciated by us all. I was just trying to make them a little more accessible to some of the other not so popular names we see.

Thanks Aspie.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:24 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:09 am
I wasn't complaining mate, it was totally meant as just good feed back. But I do personally struggle to express myself (I'm a developer, I talk binary, what do you expect) and often come across as the KNOB HEAD at work and IRL because my feedback naturally sounds grumpy. I don't even know I do it most of the time. I appologise ahead of time to anyone who just read that and talks to me later.

To be honest mate, I noticed how Josh just made it in and because he is in a different time zone he always 'just' makes it in, and that is if he makes it at all (and to be fair he is coming here on Friday to join the live chat) so I considered all the other people in different time zones, and thought it would be an easy solution to increase the available slots. As long as it is filled by next Friday I don't see any problem with having it say 1 - 50 with a rollover or something if in lands on one that wasn't selected. Basically just trying to give everyone a chance.

It certainly wasn't a complaint mate and I apologise if you thought it was. I am pretty sure I can speak for everyone and say how much these competitions are appreciated by us all. I was just trying to make them a little more accessible to some of the other not so popular names we see.

Thanks Aspie.
Don't worry. I do understand as some people think I am a dick because I am direct. That's Asperger's for you.

Comps start at various times. You ought to see it on here on Birthday comps or Christmas comps. I work my tits off behind the scenes and miss out on a number of comps. I would have liked to have done the where's Wally type of one, but was too busy. I know there's always next time.

The ladies on here put a lot of time into the comps, and it can get disheartening for them if people "complain" I know I would be disheartened.

Don't forget Keeno spends a lot of time doing the videos for the comps - that takes a while to do. Not only does he have to make them, he also has to upload them. That's time taken away from other things.

We sometimes add more spaces to the lotto, but only if it's filled extremely quickly.
Some people ONLY come for the comps and do not contribute to the site at all. I find that extremely annoying and unfair to the ones who do put back into the site.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 3):
Elijah Growz (Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 am) • TTL (Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:07 pm) • Minty (Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:33 am
Don't worry. I do understand as some people think I am a dick because I am direct. That's Asperger's for you.

Comps start at various times. You ought to see it on here on Birthday comps or Christmas comps. I work my tits off behind the scenes and miss out on a number of comps. I would have liked to have done the where's Wally type of one, but was too busy. I know there's always next time.

The ladies on here put a lot of time into the comps, and it can get disheartening for them if people "complain" I know I would be disheartened.

Don't forget Keeno spends a lot of time doing the videos for the comps - that takes a while to do. Not only does he have to make them, he also has to upload them. That's time taken away from other things.

We sometimes add more spaces to the lotto, but only if it's filled extremely quickly.
Some people ONLY come for the comps and do not contribute to the site at all. I find that extremely annoying and unfair to the ones who do put back into the site.
Some very good points, understood and appreciated. I am personally not here for the competitions (well alright, I'm not here JUST for the competitions - It's not my fault they are fun) and I will emphasis again that I was not complaining in the slightest and pretty sure the ladies would back me up on this occasion. The competitions starting at various times was my whole point in the first place and the fact it is a UK forum should make no difference unless the competitions are only available to the UK members. Your comment about it being "unfair to others, that some people only come for the competitions" is easily fixed by running them a little longer as originally suggested but I don't want to upset anyone and I certainly don't want to fall out with you so we shall leave it there.

I do appreciate how much everyone is doing and the fact that this is not a job and you are not being paid and I would help if I could.

Return to “SeedStockers Competitions”