GR420 Leg End

Re: Thank you Growers Choice!

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:59 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:52 am
How is that automated?
How is that going to help me? I read the plant, not the bottle.
That part is not automated but it certainly can be - I just don't have the magnetic stirrers to mix up the bottles before dosing. But that is besides the point.

You asked how to automate a diary, this is my personal nutrient schedule 'post it note' that allows me to screen grab it and upload as part of my diary updates mate. Simple as that.

Some people really rejected the idea of even getting a colour tv, or wearing a fucking seat belt! and I am fine with that. Just trying to help, but it aint for everyone and that is cool with me - BOOMER ;o)
I asked in a way as "how is that possible?"
I won't know what I am going to give them until I look at them. Automation cannot tell me that. It won't be able to automatically update a diary. It won't be able to know what the plant needs. Eyes will tell me that.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 am
I won't know what I am going to give them until I look at them. Automation cannot tell me that. It won't be able to automatically update a diary. It won't be able to know what the plant needs. Eyes will tell me that.
Do you make notes after you have seen them or before you feed them? These notes would just be post it notes stored as your diary update. That part is pretty much 'the' dairy updates for most of us, along with a picture (think tent cam) and weekly update of stats - Plant X- n Days old, currently at OC degrees, etc, all that can be automated - with no sensors - just you using the forum to record you daily notes.

Once I have more than (just these) two grows going on at once mate you will be seeing automated TEMPLATE updates from me for sure.

Especially when I have to start commuting back and forth to work again.
I am still gonna get my arse up in the loft and look at my plants even more than you do - and this is the part people are not getting - the automation replaces nothing - it just helps you monitor that shit.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:16 am
the automation replaces nothing - it just helps you monitor that shit
And by this I mean even with the full automation that I have I still manually go up into the loft and use my smart phone to turn off all the pumps, engage the drain pumps, wait until empty then engage the fill pumps. I have all the sensors to be able to do it automatically but it will take me a while to trust them.

Either way just being able to control them from the phone is much easier and this is recorded so that the system knows how long a pump was active for rather than me just flipping a switch on the socket. Or having to go back out to your GRoom just because your too stoned to remember if you left the light on or off and turned the fan back up! You must know the shit I am talking about here?

The Water Pumps do worry me, and annoy me with the sound so my have to loose the full hydro but the EC/PH/Temp sensors will still play a part no mater what medium (Cocco) I go with ;O)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 am
Do you make notes after you have seen them or before you feed them? These notes would just be post it notes stored as your diary update. That part is pretty much 'the' dairy updates for most of us, along with a picture (think tent cam) and weekly update of stats - Plant X- n Days old, currently at OC degrees, etc, all that can be automated - with no sensors - just you using the forum to record you daily notes.

Once I have more than (just these) two grows going on at once mate you will be seeing automated TEMPLATE updates from me for sure.

Especially when I have to start commuting back and forth to work again.
I am still gonna get my arse up in the loft and look at my plants even more than you do - and this is the part people are not getting - the automation replaces nothing - it just helps you monitor that shit.
I used to do a diary where I had listed everything every day. Health and ADHD got the better of me, so I just make basic notes. eg: day soaked. day popped.

I look at the plant and think "oh, you need a feed" and the other plant, "you're okay" I no longer write it all down. Taking photos is a PITA. None of that is what I can call automation. It's still me inputting all the data. The camera doesn't take photos on it's own and then posts them. My PC doesn't write anything unless it's me pressing the keys.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:37 am
Minty wrote:
the automation replaces nothing - it just helps you monitor that shit
And by this I mean even with the full automation that I have I still manually go up into the loft and use my smart phone to turn off all the pumps, engage the drain pumps, wait until empty then engage the fill pumps. I have all the sensors to be able to do it automatically but it will take me a while to trust them.

Either way just being able to control them from the phone is much easier and this is recorded so that the system knows how long a pump was active for rather than me just flipping a switch on the socket. Or having to go back out to your GRoom just because your too stoned to remember if you left the light on or off and turned the fan back up! You must know the shit I am talking about here?

The Water Pumps do worry me, and annoy me with the sound so my have to loose the full hydro but the EC/PH/Temp sensors will still play a part no mater what medium (Cocco) I go with ;O)
My landline phone won't be able to do any of that.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:42 am
The camera doesn't take photos on it's own and then posts them. My PC doesn't write anything unless it's me pressing the keys.
My Pan and Tilt with 16x Optical Zoom and Raspberry PI ZERO W - will do all that on it's own as you put it.
Mostly because I seriously can't be arsed to do this 'repetitive task' over and over to get the recorded stats, the feedback and the diary updates that I want for myself.

This will happen with or without the API integration into the GrowRoom420 forums as I literally do not need any further permissions to do that than what a public forum account already gives - it will just post via my current Minty account as if I was typing into this TEXTAREA I am using now.

I will make it clear when the MintyBot is posting on my behalf.

But that's just me mate - I'm a lazy twat.

Return to “Growers Choice”